Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m fuming at this woman, I’ve just reported her post to admins. This is sick.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Yes and I really am so fed up with the 'lined skin equals unattractive' mantra.
I'm so in awe of women in the public eye who resist this. Obviously each to their own and you can do what you like with tweakments etc.
But the pressure on women to fight wrinkles (and pretend it is natural) is INSANE. So to be at all well known and not go down that path is laudable. Sad that it should even be a thing.
Yeah.

Ever come across those women online (always online, these encounters do not happen IR for obvious reasons) who INSIST that they personally have ZERO 'wrinkles' or lines at age 60 or whatever because they do xyz - which can be a 37-step 'look at my money' routine, using only Creme de la Shite, eating some mystical diet or 'I shun all products and only wash with thrice-filtered Alpine holy water, on days on the week that begin with T - ever, ever produce any photographic evidence of said perfect, unlined, dewy and completely egg-smooth faces? Because they do not exist. Everybody who has human skin, and a face, and uses their face, has lines of some type. Maybe only around their eyes, when they smile. Maybe a few on their forehead when they raise their eyebrows. FFS some people show lines as teens. Lines are normal. They do not utterly dictate overall attractiveness nor fewer of them, mystical youthiness. People still look their age with botox most of the time because age is perceived via many factors outside our control, some not even physical. Meanwhile. we have women who overfill their once lined faces to the point of resembling balloons, and oddly, they DO look older, because overfilled faces are a cultural hallmark of middle age in certain demographics.

I really think people have been groomed in recent years to think that women can and must have a bizarrely, inhumanely smooth face to look 'youthful' because we are bombarded by images and video of people using in-camera filters which can basically turn you into a different person, are lit up by giant white ringlights that burn out any semblance of shadow (ie lines) in any face, even in 'amateur' youtube vids, and even young teens are routinely filtering themselves into a level of poreless, creaseless smoothness that even 14 year olds have never possessed in human history.

Then certain people are just attractive as duck at any age, because they have the genetics for bone structure that shouts good looks, and stay fit and healthy. Lines don't really take away that much from them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
How many followers does she have on Instagram? She deserves her own thread
She has 8508 followers when I checked this morning at 6.40am. Be interesting to see if this goes up.

I'm wondering how long she will keep this go fund me up? It feels like it's going to turn into another part time working mommy situation except with go fund me instead of paypal!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She linked her blog on freaks. The blog is her job, the content is her family. She's not pushing the link on her own grid and it would appear most of her engagement comes from other mummy bloggers.
She had quite a few hits from freaks but mostly folks just wished her well. Hopefully they can see manipulative behaviour.

Reactions: 4
Just to add. The stickied post at the top of the group entitled announcements by Caroline herself has this.
Topics that can get in the sea.
Explicit content that could be deemed distressing.
Self promotion and selling.

The original post was distressing and triggering. The attached picture of the wound was graphic and could be deemed distressing.
The woman linked her blog, the blog is her business, this is self promotion.
The woman linked her go fund me, this is also self promotion.
So who does get in the sea apply to? Certainly not a member who has never interacted with the group before this and why are members taking it upon themselves to set up fundraisers for this unknown member or anyone?

Reactions: 26
She’s taking the piss. Simple. When I started reading that second post I thought it was going to be a thanks for your support type message. But for her to then link to the gfm again, so her husband can take more time off work! 😡 No way.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I find it a stretch that a mummy blogger didn't have her hospital bag prepped weeks in advance with every conceivable thing she could possibly need.
I also do not understand how her skincare at home could not be brought in, "not set up" what does that even mean? Surely you could give someone a list and if necessary directions to where everything is.
Money is tight and a generic but emotionally tugging explanation as to why.
The target was 1k which was in my opinion very generous considering what the money was for and by the same token that Hirons had sent her gifts.
This womans circumstances are unfortunate and unfair but I do not understand why or how her focus is on money and whilst in hospital. Her partner should be dealing with finance and she should be be receiving care.

I’d be very curious to know what her husband does for a living...£4.5k is several months salary for some. Also what if he’s in a role where this sort of time off is covered. So many questions...

Reactions: 15
As suspected a what to bring to the hospital, don't forget your fancy products post.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I don’t think admin will do anything.. they’re the ones who approved the post in the first place. This whole things stinks to high heaven!!
I have to ask .. why did she post to the Freaks group in the first place and not just leave it on her main profile where genuine friends and family members would see it and offer help?
She’s a small time blogger and a very basic one at that
We all appreciate she’s having a very tough time right now but I strongly feel that she’s exploiting it and taking advantage of some of the Freaks generosity

Her posts and updates are such an uncomfortable read. My main reaction is that it is all so disrespectful to the baby who died. That little soul seems to have got lost in all this.

(And yes, of course people grieve in different ways and I have no idea what it is like to lose a baby, but...)

• Sad
It went from "I need skincare" to "my husband wants to take a few months off work"
This is why I’m not comfortable with some of these go fund me situations. Registered charities are highly regulated and must have strict terms of reference to state where the funds raised will be spent. This woman can effectively take the money these people have donated in good faith, and spend it on whatever she likes. It’s messy.

Reactions: 19
I feel really uncomfortable with the GFM. I feel so sorry for the woman and what she went through but as said by @BigMavis the photos she posted were distressing. I hate medical things and scars and those photos should have been nested. I actually cannot read the original post because of the photos.

The GFM was a nice gesture but has gone too far. £4.5k is for me over two months net salary. I appreciate that this women spent money on items for her baby but I am sure many companies would refund her in the circumstances also surely this was all budgeted before she became pregnant (this was a second pregnancy so presumably was planned)

Reactions: 18
But tbf, @Shineyshine, the freaks can see how much she has already raised when they donate. It’s clearly already way over target and more than anyone could need for skincare. It’s not like she has implied that, for example, it would go to charity and isn't following through. It seems like they just want to contribute to a supportive fund for her. In other cases such as the Sarah Everard GFM I can see there were issues around intended recipients and transparency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
But tbf, @Shineyshine, freaks can see how much she has already raised when they donate. It’s clearly already way over target and more than anyone could spend need for skincare. It’s not like she has implied that, for example, it would go to charity and isn't following through. It seems like they just want to contribute to a supportive fund for her. In other cases such as the Sarah Everard GFM I can see there were issues around intended recipients and transparency.
I see what you’re saying. It’s just that at first she seemed to be wanting skincare bringing to the hospital for her sore poorly skin, now it’s changed to her husband being able to stay at home. I don’t know. All I’m saying is it’s unregulated and open to abuse.

I suspect a little time will pass and a no go fund me rule will be implemented. Admins dare not step in now, that would not go down well. Mumsnet did away with gfm a few years ago because of shenanigans, that situation involved a death too, as far as I'm aware a very real situation but it was super messy.
Also nothing is sacred or personal to these bloggers 😣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.