Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love them! I use the sachets with the added vitamin c as that helps with absorption but there's standard ones available too. Iron tablets are really heavy on the stomach but I find the liquid ones great. I don't even take them every day, just when I feel tired or run down or at that time of the month.

The best thing is the sachets are easy to carry around and have a nice apple taste. I was using Floradix liquid before but it tasted disgusting, stained my teeth and had to be kept in the fridge so was a bit of a faff. I usually get them 3 for 2 in Boots

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ooh let me know how you get on with it!

I should say the vitamin c one is apple flavoured, I can't remember what the standard one tastes like as I've been using the vitamin c one for years. Both are a million times more bearable than Floradix though

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else noticed how Hirons has calculated the RRP of the skin rocks box as if the two boxes of DDG pads included 5 pads each, but they actually only include 3 pads each?!

She did this with the last kit too, calculated the RRP of the kit using the larger size of the Josh Rosebrook balm when it was the smaller size that was included

What a joke 🥴
She’s just a con artist.

She’s just a con artist.
Bit like when Sali Hughes tried to make out the 5 pack of the DG pads was ‘full size’ when every single retailer sold it in the travel size section. Only worse actually because this is messing with people’s money. This 3 pack size must be a sample size as you don’t see it retailed anywhere. That’ll be why she’s used the 5 pack price, because it’s the nearest equivalent she can find.

She could’ve just pro rated it like 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 13
All these pricing errors are shocking and either very amateurish or actually deceitful.

Reactions: 12
She gives zero fucks. I honestly believe it's because she has chosen to hire her family rather than people who actually know what the hell they're doing

Reactions: 12
She recommended some tit, highly-perfumed blue mud that costs £174 in today's money, called it a holy grail, Hall Of fame product, and of course everybody flocked to buy it, and it broke loads of people out (as well as being really expensive).

Our balmy blue enchantress greets your skin with cool serenity.

I mean...come on. And also this:

The Blue Cocoon is perfect for delicate skin types, particularly those prone to redness, heat, rosacea, and acne. This concentrated formula is beautifully adaptive and has become a favorite for types ranging from dry, highly sensitive and reactive (an often perfect match and the most obvious) to oily, acneic and inflamed types who benefit from the incredibly soothing, balancing and anti-inflammatory action of the blue tansy (and other acne-friendly essentials such as frankincense and myrrh). It makes a great spot treatment for calming areas of eczema/dermatitis/rosacea and similar conditions, all the way to aggressive breakouts.

As someone with sensitive skin I've learned to stay away from essential oils (YMMV, ovs).

It smells divine, but the price tag is ridiculous.

Reactions: 7

The Blue Cocoon is perfect for delicate skin types, particularly those prone to redness, heat, rosacea, and acne. This concentrated formula is beautifully adaptive and has become a favorite for types ranging from dry, highly sensitive and reactive (an often perfect match and the most obvious) to oily, acneic and inflamed types who benefit from the incredibly soothing, balancing and anti-inflammatory action of the blue tansy (and other acne-friendly essentials such as frankincense and myrrh). It makes a great spot treatment for calming areas of eczema/dermatitis/rosacea and similar conditions, all the way to aggressive breakouts.

As someone with sensitive skin I've learned to stay away from essential oils (YMMV, ovs).

Exactly. Anyone who actually knows about skin ie someone who is educated by years of professional medical training, or from personal experience of having a skin condition, knows to steer clear of essential oils.

Reactions: 8
Add me to the list of dummies who bought Blue Lagoon. 🤦‍♀️ Also Hydraluron way back when. And Emma Hardie. The Emma Hardie balm was admittedly great. Meh on Hydraluron.

I never did try Spatone, but I’m a loyal Floradix fan so didn’t need an alternative. Love the stuff.

Reactions: 6
I love them! I use the sachets with the added vitamin c as that helps with absorption but there's standard ones available too. Iron tablets are really heavy on the stomach but I find the liquid ones great. I don't even take them every day, just when I feel tired or run down or at that time of the month.

The best thing is the sachets are easy to carry around and have a nice apple taste. I was using Floradix liquid before but it tasted disgusting, stained my teeth and had to be kept in the fridge so was a bit of a faff. I usually get them 3 for 2 in Boots
Ah! I didn't realise it stained teeth - just thought I needed a scale and polish - thanks for the heads up! (I hate that phrase but "warning" felt a bit strong) The bottle always drips messily too. I'll give Spatone a try next time.

If its boxes of 3 DDG pads, these are what space nk give out as samples, if you ask super nicely of course and might already be at the till making a purchase. So they are basically selling samples. I'll need to have a wee look later but I don't think the box says "not to sold" or "sample only"

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
The only iron tablets I can tolerate (which is an issue being anaemic) is Active Iron, they’re a lifesaver for me.

Reactions: 2
Ooh let me know how you get on with it!

I should say the vitamin c one is apple flavoured, I can't remember what the standard one tastes like as I've been using the vitamin c one for years. Both are a million times more bearable than Floradix though
It tastes like licking a twenty pence piece quickly

Still better than Floradix or the giant horse tablets the Doc gave me tho

I keep getting tempted by the gloopy vit C powder/drink she shills. Can't remember the name but it was crazy expensive. Al something?

Reactions: 2
Hi there.

Long time lurker, first time commenting.
I started my “skincare” awareness 4 years ago, when a friend started a blog (a small country) and recommended The Ordinary and then was mentioning CH etc. I joined many groups, and while seemed skeptical about Susan Yara (don’t know why, fake selling smile?) and Hyram (a younger know-it all guy), CH seemed to be fine - I thought she was above 60s but still nice, with many connections to the industry. My first suspicion/disppointment came when I pre-ordered her book, which with all the delay came like 6-9months later? All the failures with kits (never ordered any, luckily) and yes - thanks ladies for summarizing things that I just felt weird about but was not so sure. Not to mention all the freaks with no common sense, buying everything and ruining their skin (some might have benefited from actually having some routine, but still, ahhh)

Can't really think of one. But I'll never forgive myself for buying May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon based on her recommendation. I should've known better but I believed the hype. :-(
To balance all the rant I had, actually I really discovered and do like Medik8 range thanks to her (use their actives only - am VitC, pm Retinol or PHA), for the rest it’s the basic Cerave or other drugstore/pharmacy stuff.

Reactions: 14

Horrifying. This actually makes me mad that she dares do this to people so she can line her pockets.

Highly perfumed ANYTHING plus volatile essential oils which result in vasodilation (ie REDNESS and skin flushing) is 100% unsuitable for anyone with facial redness, let alone actual rosacea and certainly with bloody eczema. Anyone who has suffered from these medical conditions (like me) over time knows this; they either get told by a doctor, learn through bitter, painful experience, or read it in the endless research people with skin conditions tend to do looking for relief. Fragrance free products are the only way to go with this kind of facial skin unless you enjoy provoking your immune system into a new cycle of inflammation and possibly exciting new allergies. If I put that stuff on my face I'd likely end up with a £174 horrific red weeping burning rash, a further year's worth of reactive, upset skin and probably a course of steroids to try to stem the inflammatory cycle.

She's an absolute danger to people's health at times. I found a post in one of the early threads where she'd told some poor woman with a history of severe rosacea and actual weakened bones from a total lack of physical ability to make Vitamin D at all or to absorb it properly via supplement (meaning she couldn't absorb calcium properly either) to stop using sunscreen (all dermatologists will insist you wear daily sunscreen if you have rosacea), to actually sit in the sun, and to stop taking her Vit D supplements. She also told her to use salicylic acid on her rosacea, which she'd been specifically instructed by her dermatologist NOT to do as it provoked her rosacea. She's a prime of example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing, with the emphasis on 'little'. She constantly hands out advice beyond her scope of practice. I honestly wish people who do this in the influencer/shill world could be fined or prosecuted in some way when they insist on doing this. Playing doctor when you are not an actual doctor can really end in tragedy.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.