Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s quite a big school of thought that you actually shouldn’t wash your face in the morning if you’ve had a proper deep cleanse etc in the evening. Basically there’s no need and all you’re doing is stripping it. I say crack on. I use a flannel and warm water in the morning and that’s all. Big routine at night.
When i first introduced a skin care routine ( back in the first lockdown) i was completing a full morning/evening routine every day then another YouTuber i follow ( pampered wolf - not sure if anyone else is familar with her) recommended not to do this as it was better for the skin ( as you said - from stripping oils etc) so i then amended my routine to evening only. This makes sense to me - i can understand why its essential to remove make up/SPF before bed but i have dry skin so i was concerned that it would be too much. I felt guilty for ages and wondered who it was best to listen too ( pampered wolf or Hirons) and i think i had already started at this stage ( i think it was late summer time ) twigging that Hirons was a mass product pusher with an agenda whereas pampered wolf was the opposite.

Reactions: 1
When i first introduced a skin care routine ( back in the first lockdown) i was completing a full morning/evening routine every day then another YouTuber i follow ( pampered wolf - not sure if anyone else is familar with her) recommended not to do this as it was better for the skin ( as you said - from stripping oils etc) so i then amended my routine to evening only. This makes sense to me - i can understand why its essential to remove make up/SPF before bed but i have dry skin so i was concerned that it would be too much. I felt guilty for ages and wondered who it was best to listen too ( pampered wolf or Hirons) and i think i had already started at this stage ( i think it was late summer time ) twigging that Hirons was a mass product pusher with an agenda whereas pampered wolf was the opposite.
Oh I don’t know of them. Will have to look them up, thank you!

Slightly OT but I saw a few of you talking about Medik8 earlier in the thread. I ended up ordering the vitamin c serum and hyaluronic serum (thanks CH discount, lol) and loving both of them! Glad I didn't go for Zelens in the end. I've always struggled with a vit c, tried the Oskia capsules as they were a free gift with a Space NK order and saw CH rated them but didn't work for me, so oily and never really absorbed. Same with hyaluronic, I've tried others but they've been weirdly sticky? I've got a few other Medik8 products and they seem to work really well for my skin.

Reactions: 8
Slightly OT but I saw a few of you talking about Medik8 earlier in the thread. I ended up ordering the vitamin c serum and hyaluronic serum (thanks CH discount, lol) and loving both of them! Glad I didn't go for Zelens in the end. I've always struggled with a vit c, tried the Oskia capsules as they were a free gift with a Space NK order and saw CH rated them but didn't work for me, so oily and never really absorbed. Same with hyaluronic, I've tried others but they've been weirdly sticky? I've got a few other Medik8 products and they seem to work really well for my skin.
i also had issues with the Oskia capsules - they make my skin go like sandpaper so i have stopped using them. I am not sure what is causing this reaction as i use other Vit C products and have different results .

(I was meant to post this last night but got distracted when my cat got her head stuck in her ball toy 🤣)

bleeping hell someone tried a small pot of Dr Barbara Sturm moisturiser and was asking for recommendations of similar products cos she liked it but didn’t like the price tag (understandable). And look at the comments already 🙄

D77430A7-E5ED-41FB-BE33-B0816D72A0F3.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
i also had issues with the Oskia capsules - they make my skin go like sandpaper so i have stopped using them. I am not sure what is causing this reaction as i use other Vit C products and have different results .
I’ve never cared for any Oskia product that I’ve tried. Even the cleanser that everyone seems to love, did nothing for me and it’s expensive.

Reactions: 4
It's a shame because I like capsules but these were terrible. Like I say they didn't sink in at all for me and the serum was still sitting on my face hours later. No idea why but it was a big disappointment.

It's a shame because I like capsules but these were terrible. Like I say they didn't sink in at all for me and the serum was still sitting on my face hours later. No idea why but it was a big disappointment.
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide capsules are divine.

Reactions: 6
Genuine question re skincare (fuelled by the FB page). So many of the freaks talk about separate sunscreen on a daily basis - up to factor 50 - is this a normal thing to do? I think a lot of them seem to live in the UK too. It really would not occur to me to wear it in winter when I am 95% indoors.
I know facial sunscreens now are so good - is that why this is a thing?

Reactions: 2
Genuine question re skincare (fuelled by the FB page). So many of the freaks talk about separate sunscreen on a daily basis - up to factor 50 - is this a normal thing to do? I think a lot of them seem to live in the UK too. It really would not occur to me to wear it in winter when I am 95% indoors.
I know facial sunscreens now are so good - is that why this is a thing?
I can highly recommend you this video from Michelle

I think there is no right or wrong answer but it definitely depends on the circumstances. I go outside for at least 1 hour per day and even though its mostly grey and rainy here in Central Europe where I live I mostly put on sunscreen. It's become a bit of a habit but I sometimes also go out without it or just stay inside without.
My derm told me as long as I use it most days and protect in the summer with clothing etc its probably fine.

Edit: if you decide to use it everyday also in winter keep an eye on your Vitamin D, SPF makes it a bit more difficult for the skin to absorb it :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.