Caroline Hirons #6 It must be wonderful to know everything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The freaks will jump on anything. They’re awful people.. someone’s just posted that on their return from camping they’ve arrived home to what appears to be the entire May Lindstrom collection costing eleventy million pounds. There was one hole on the post determined to make a fool of the poster, saying “aren’t the UK in lockdown”. The poster was from Texas. No idea why Caroline has that group anymore, it’s full of tossers

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Apropos of nothing, just leaving this here.
So accurate. Scarily so. When I was on freaks it got me down, my timeline was just flooded with the annoying bastards, no offence to anyone still there (love hearing what's happening) but it was mostly pointless crap, repeating info, bragging, virtue signalling, overly complicated skincare jargon and the Queen nonsense. It wasn't always like that, some weird shift in attitudes occurred and Caroline seemed to encourage it. Its now some type of strange sub culture, they'll have human sacrifices pretty soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So accurate. Scarily so. When I was on freaks it got me down, my timeline was just flooded with the annoying bastards, no offence to anyone still there (love hearing what's happening) but it was mostly pointless crap, repeating info, bragging, virtue signalling, overly complicated skincare jargon and the Queen nonsense. It wasn't always like that, some weird shift in attitudes occurred and Caroline seemed to encourage it. Its now some type of strange sub culture, they'll have human sacrifices pretty soon.
When I first joined the group, it was a chat community and very casual. I remember a poll at around 10k members about whether to keep it small or let new members in. As far as I recall it was overwhelmingly "keep it small" but obviously CH wanted more fans and more buzz- whether through her own desires or being pushed by management. Anytime it was brought up since, an admin shuts it down saying "why wouldn't you want to share all this knowledge with all your friends, why don't you want everyone to enjoy skincare " like a guilt trip. I remember the first time I thought it was cultish and muted the group - some member had re-written the words to the prayer "Hail Mary" and put in CH and skincare references. Like, Caroline writes a blog, yes it was a very good and helpful blog back then, but she was no higher power.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I was a member then, small was good. I don't remember the prayer thing but I'm quite taken back by that, not overtly religious myself but I still have a faith and thats just wow!

Jeeeez the power really has gone to her head I don’t know how her husband puts up with her

Reactions: 1
It never stops!
So there was this post on sustainability and what people do how they not feel guilty about all the products etc that I found really interesting and some freaks also being critical of the general group behaviour of 'waiting for my next package to arrive even though I have 20 shelfs worth of stuff..'
Always, CH comments View attachment 382961
I get the clothing industry is bad but that was not the point here? Just because flying is bad, we should not stop thinking about the environmental impact of our cars?? Whats the point of this??

A bit further down one lady links an interesting article about selfies, goes on to explain her point and this is how CH dismisses her and the author. No explanation nothing. DONT JUST SAY SHE IS PROBLEMATIC! Tell me why so I can make up my own mind :mad::mad:
View attachment 382963View attachment 382964

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
It never stops!
So there was this post on sustainability and what people do how they not feel guilty about all the products etc that I found really interesting and some freaks also being critical of the general group behaviour of 'waiting for my next package to arrive even though I have 20 shelfs worth of stuff..'
Always, CH comments View attachment 382961
I get the clothing industry is bad but that was not the point here? Just because flying is bad, we should not stop thinking about the environmental impact of our cars?? Whats the point of this??

A bit further down one lady links an interesting article about selfies, goes on to explain her point and this is how CH dismisses her and the author. No explanation nothing. DONT JUST SAY SHE IS PROBLEMATIC! Tell me why so I can make up my own mind :mad::mad:
View attachment 382963View attachment 382964
Hahaha... I recognise that article, it was written by Jess Defino, who Caroline got into a spat with on IG (see previous threads). As far as I'm aware (could be wrong), she is not "problematic" in any other way than having a differing opinion on the beauty industry than CH, which is obviously a mortal sin. For her to use the word "problematic" in that comment without explaining her reasons is really disingenuous and gross; she's deliberately trying to make people think JDF has done something more sinister by saying that - how vindictive can you get?

Reactions: 14
Long time lurker, first time poster 👋 She's is an almighty prick.

I would like to take this opportunity to first thank her friend, Sali, for introducing me to Tattle. Discovering this forum was a highlight in 2020. I remember first seeing CH on that circle-jerk YouTube channel gleam ran where she was interviewed by Sam and Nic Chapman (I have no issue with them, they seem nice enough). I tit you not, but she rubbed me the wrong way from the word go. Over the years I've skimmed through her content because I am a skincare obsessive and willing to try new products.

I've been buying the sorts of products CH recommends for "yonks" :sick: but that smugness that bothered me initially is now through the bleeping roof. I genuinely thought she'd deliver on her BLM stance but clearly she gives not a single duck. I love Rihanna, but Fenty does not count. The brand is a massive success and will continue to perform well. For someone who claims to be so well connected/knowledgable, CH has no excuse for not finding ONE top notch brand that is black owned to recommend. It's been almost a year!? In addition, when she was doing her anti-racist song and dance there was an awful live with an aesthetician in the US. The guest couldn't finish a sentence without CH piping up.

The post above regarding the 22 July IG live: again, the guest was terrific and very balanced but bleeping Caroline...
In closing, CH has major "Karen" energy.
I'm done ranting.
Is it too late to wish you all a Happy New Year?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Hahaha... I recognise that article, it was written by Jess Defino, who Caroline got into a spat with on IG (see previous threads). As far as I'm aware (could be wrong), she is not "problematic" in any other way than having a differing opinion on the beauty industry than CH, which is obviously a mortal sin. For her to use the word "problematic" in that comment without explaining her reasons is really disingenuous and gross; she's deliberately trying to make people think JDF has done something more sinister by saying that - how vindictive can you get?
Lol, I’d love Hirons to explain her definition of problematic! But she won’t because it would come across as petty, which it actually is. She just doesn’t want anyone to read her articles because she opposes the mass consumption which lines Hirons’ pockets.

Reactions: 8
What a stupid oaf. And is it not a bit late to be releasing winter kits? Will be a spring kit soon!

Can't say I'm surprised. But I'm a little sad that a lot of freaks will feel they need this.

Reactions: 7
Long time lurker here. I have had some decent advice from CH (other than YOU MUST USE A RETINOL/TRET IS GOD which led to trashed skin for months but I digress).

Back in the original lockdown she had a go at a few of us in the freaks group because we pointed out that retail closing doesn’t protect the skincare supply chain - we’d also have to stop ordering tit we don’t need online to protect the pickers / packers / deliver folks. She clapped back a rant about “skin CARE” being essential. Including lipstick.

I don’t have an issue with what she thinks or doesn’t but I can’t bear the hypocrisy. If people working so that we can have skincare and makeup is bad (boots) then so are her kits. I don’t care how “covid secure” you are, so are boots. It should be the same rule for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She’s a greedy , greedy woman happy to take all the money off those needy, naive , attention seeking people who think she is a voice worth listening to.

Long time lurker here. I have had some decent advice from CH (other than YOU MUST USE A RETINOL/TRET IS GOD which led to trashed skin for months but I digress).

Back in the original lockdown she had a go at a few of us in the freaks group because we pointed out that retail closing doesn’t protect the skincare supply chain - we’d also have to stop ordering tit we don’t need online to protect the pickers / packers / deliver folks. She clapped back a rant about “skin CARE” being essential. Including lipstick.

I don’t have an issue with what she thinks or doesn’t but I can’t bear the hypocrisy. If people working so that we can have skincare and makeup is bad (boots) then so are her kits. I don’t care how “covid secure” you are, so are boots. It should be the same rule for everyone.
I remember her saying skincare is essential and now it’s not?!
I think e-commerce needs closing too

This! So she can kick off at Boots, why? It’s different because the public can go inside and walk around and these staff are not key workers. If they aren’t key workers in store, and must be protected at all costs, why not the warehouse and distribution staff. At least in store whatever goes on is open to public scrutiny, as seen by her ridiculous display last week.

However, who knows what goes what goes on inside a warehouse? We’ve all heard reports from staff about lack of social distancing and poor anti-Covid measures. Also within the distribution network at delivery companies.

I don’t expect Hirons to give a tit about this. But her hypocrisy is appalling. How about trying to keep these workers safe too?

This! So she can kick off at Boots, why? It’s different because the public can go inside and walk around and these staff are not key workers. If they aren’t key workers in store, and must be protected at all costs, why not the warehouse and distribution staff. At least in store whatever goes on is open to public scrutiny, as seen by her ridiculous display last week.

However, who knows what goes what goes on inside a warehouse? We’ve all heard reports from staff about lack of social distancing and poor anti-Covid measures. Also within the distribution network at delivery companies.

I don’t expect Hirons to give a tit about this. But her hypocrisy is appalling. How about trying to keep these workers safe too?
She could start with her kit staff 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.