Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jools2216

Hi everyone. Ive been on here a while but not commented. Basically because I was so disappointed and upset about how I was treated on the freaks group. I was one of the very first members of the freaks group - literally one of the first 30. And it used to be great. I was the person who first suggested all the freaks meet and get together, which Caroline said she’d come to. Then quite suddenly it became terrible. The guidelines basically told you what you could and couldn’t say. And you couldn’t criticise Caroline, or any products she loved without a horrible vicious tirade of abuse. There was much talk of the ‘Queen’, ‘Lady H’ etc which was funny at first, then became really weird. I got my daughter onto Caroline’s advice which was great initially. We both met her in 2019 and she was absolutely lovely, and from time to time she and i chatted privately on instagram. Then I began to notice the Freaks had actually lost it, and Caroline’s ‘lives’ were increasingly aggressive and confrontational, especially during first lockdown. The ‘Caroline’ online to the freaks was so different to the one offline. Then one Sunday evening I spotted the ridiculous pile on to Charlotte Tilbury and her penchant for wearing makeup in bed. My first comment on the thread - that they should leave her alone and stop getting their knickers in a twist about her - was immediately deleted (mainly because I started by saying the whole thread was nonsense and people should do their own thing). Dominic Masters was horribly vicious and rude to me, then compounded by a load of freaks shouting I was a ‘d**k’ (even tho many agreed with me). It was relentless. The whole thing was so upsetting, I left the group immediately. Now I’m watching her lives tonight and cringing about how she’s changed and become hideously arrogant. It still really shocks me how that group behaves. It’s not healthy. Anyway...I’m probs going to unfollow her soon. If I hear her banging on about her mates Kate, Josh, Jordan and Marko any more I’ll seriously ducking puke. Glad to see there’s support on here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

BigMavis

VIP Member
Please hold caller!

Someone has responded to a person concerned about multiple payments being withdrawn from their account with "I'm a nurse, I see death around me everyday, you're lucky to be Breathing"
The response underneath was "thank you for all you are doing"
These are the Worst people in the universe.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
She had to pay for those big, horsey veneers somehow!!

You are seriously comparing a supermarket worker to a Doctor??
I am yes. And I find that comment fairly elitist.

As someone else said, there’s a real hierarchy going on. Not everyone in the NHS is in a frontline role. A supermarket worker friend told me yesterday of the absolute disregard people have for distancing and masks, not to mention the abuse she has had. Meanwhile my neighbour who is a GP hasn’t seen anyone face to face since last March. So yes, I think that we have to stop behaving that just because you have NHS in your job title you are somehow better than other essential workers.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
So, came across this thread the other day. I used to quite like Caroline and thought it was actually pretty cool to see an older woman (tbh, that could mean anyone over 30 these days, ha) in the skincare world. But the last year or so (post-COVID) she's become insufferable. Where to start - remember the big song and dance about the overpriced skin kits in around April time? I was genuinely shocked to see her flogging £300 kits but also! People were falling over themselves to buy them!

I'd see her going live now and then on Instagram but it was always this meandering mess of a rant, like an hour a time - who can be arsed to sit there and listen to her? It's the way it's delivered too, as so many have pointed out... holier than thou, never put a foot wrong, if you don't agree then you're an idiot. There was the constant name dropping (oh I called up Jordan Samuel, going live with Kate Somerville, I'm first on Josh Wood's list - really? Your hair is yellow and ratty), and then we had the Boots scandal. She was acting like the Boots staff were being held hostage and she was the mediator. Now I agree that counter staff shouldn't have been made to work but it was the hyperbole... "don't you dare try and track down ANY of the Boots staff who have contacted me", like, please. Don't get me started on her BLM nonsense either. I just scrolled through her feed there thinking maybe she's done a spotlight on a black-owned business but no, nothing. Her BLM highlights reel is just reshared posts. I know she included Antonia Burrell in her last kit but is that seriously it? She's all talk.

Some of her skincare advice is genuinely useful and helped me but I've always felt that she gatekeeps it, you know, "you need to double cleanse with a flannel. NOT in the shower for god's sake, what are you, an animal?", or heavily pushing extremely expensive brands, but then saying we don't NEED expensive products. Which is it? Eh. I'm over her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43

rosemarina

VIP Member
She thought she could cut out the middleman and pocket their share too, but turns out middlemen actually do most of the work.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Hedgey

She should be able to view orders within a date range, order by value high to low, and then refund anything above the cost of one kit. Even for say 2000 orders that should have taken an hour, maybe two, for her team of 5. Biggest problems solved. Then you contact all those who’ve been refunded and offer them a chance to repurchase additional (in case they were legit double orders) and give them a day’s grace to respond. Then you open it up to the masses again. Solved by Monday.
Shes also told a little fib. Companies absolutely do have access to PayPal and shopify revenue as soon as it’s cleared which for 99.99% is within 5 minutes. It is absolutely not only given to Caroline when the order is shipped. As a tech person who lives ans breathes this stuff, the idea that she thinks she can just spin up a dodgy little Wordpress site for £12m of revenue is insulting.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40

Whatisgoingoninworld

View attachment 409409View attachment 409410
Oh my god I think that’s the worst one I’ve read. Please get a life.
Oh my gosh. I’ve been with my partner for 7 years and if he saw me downstairs with my clothes off because I was too stressed and too hot to keep them on to buy a Caroline kit? I know he wouldn’t take out his laptop to help, he would call somebody for the mental breakdown I was having. As any good partner should do. That’s ridiculous and embarrassing and should have been kept between the husband and wife and swore an oath to never speak of again.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Watermelon05

Every time I see these comments from nhs workers I die a bit inside. I’m a nurse working on a covid ward and honestly it’s f**king horrific but I could not be more grateful for being in a secure job this year (if anything earning way more due to the extra shifts, eliminated parking charges and now free lunch). My partner also works for the nhs and during the first wave we were in the supermarket using our 10% discount and the guy on the till called out to his coworker nhs discount to get it authorised and I had this sudden realisation that the person behind me at the till may have lost their job or be on furlough and not know if they have a job to go back to and we haven’t used it again since.

Having said that ppe and a lack of sleep have wrecked my skin this year and I did fancy a kit this time round but I was working (I know poor me, I’m expecting my personalised kit directly from CH in the post any day now) but I did take advantage of the discount codes in oskia and medik8 haven’t used either brand yet, very excited for them to arrive.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I’ve largely been sitting back today and watching this unfold. I’ve commented on her blaming her 3rd party IT system, but that’s still her responsibility.

Another thing I agree with massively, is those who have highlighted that if it were say Cult Beauty or, heaven forbid, Boots, who cocked up in this manner, Hirons would be the consumer champion going in to bat on their behalf. Shouting all over the internet, and in the real world, to anyone who would listen. Look at how she treated Boots just a few weeks ago.

I’m sure her argument would be that they are huge companies with the infrastructure and investment in place to ensure that things like this shouldn’t happen. But I would argue that you shouldn’t be selling goods online if you don’t have an adequate infrastructure in place. You have no business setting yourself up trading online if your platform is not robust, reliable and sufficiently tested to stand up to live conditions. She got greedy and this is what happened. She’s a joke and if she’s not careful her reputation will end up in tatters. Would you want to work with her?

• Heart
Reactions: 37

rjf123

Totally agree that key workers are incredible - the people working to keep our country going every day. Whether you’re a supermarket worker, a nurse, a delivery driver, a civil servant, a postal worker, a teacher, a mechanic, a doctor, a homeschooling parent trying their best, a warehouse worker or whatever else you’re needed and helping the country to function. Being part of the NHS should be an honour and I think they’re shafted by our government, just like every other public sector. That being said the pedestal they’ve put themselves on in the Freaks group is unwarranted and ridiculous. We’ve all got skin troubles but it doesn’t make you more ‘deserving’ a fucking skincare deal!!!

I’m an accountant and have worked from home since March, before lockdown 1 even started in the UK. I have not been furloughed for even one day and I’m incredibly thankful my job is safe. My husband works in Finance and is also wfh, with occasionally needing to pop into the office. People going OUT of the house to work a job that can’t be done from home seem to think people wfh are sitting with their feet up all day scratching their arse. I’m not an ‘essential worker’ but my work is essential. My company needs me. I’m fed up of people thinking they’re more important when in reality any and every job is important in its own way. Except maybe Boris’ job... we could all do without him but that’s another discussion!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Am obsessed now....someone is £1600 down and not sure her DD will come out tomorrow. There has got to be some backlash from this, seriously!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

BigMavis

VIP Member
I saw a comment on the kit reveal live from a nurse saying she couldn't afford it. Why announce it? Here's why in my opinion, some people who have worked through the pandemic have bought into the notion that they are more valued than others. I bet the same people had a profile picture which said "I can't stay at home, I work for the NHS" or similar.
I'm from a family of NHS workers, my parents were in the medical profession and my siblings have followed them. None of them engage in this mentality but it is a "thing" I'm sorry if my post offends anyone, we need our key workers and I'm very grateful for all they do and the sacrifices they make and the trauma they have seen. Its just my observation and its clear to see it happening in the freaks group.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Oh my gosh. I’ve been with my partner for 7 years and if he saw me downstairs with my clothes off because I was too stressed and too hot to keep them on to buy a Caroline kit? I know he wouldn’t take out his laptop to help, he would call somebody for the mental breakdown I was having. As any good partner should do. That’s ridiculous and embarrassing and should have been kept between the husband and wife and swore an oath to never speak of again.
Never happened. They’re just playing one-upmanship for the attention. Dickheads, the lot of ‘em.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

lns90

There was a post just after Sue’s post was shut for comments. Didn’t screenshot it but was basically calling out the bullies and went on to say something about “and if we don’t care about Debra’s divorce or Tina’s breaks up then we’re seen as cunts”. Everyone piled on immediately and it was gone in a few minutes. To be fair it was written with language to wind the freaks up but they really went all out.

Sue’s own post can’t have been open for more than 30 minutes. Everyone piled on so quickly that I couldn’t read the comments fast enough.
😂
Screenshot_20210114-202815_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Someone just commented putting up her bank statement showing 7 transactions from CH store poor girl is in an absolute panic as they have all come out today, she emailed Friday and heard nothing back - it’s been deleted 🤯 I hope that was due to admin sorting it at once!
£1400 taken!!

• Wow
  • Angry

Readread

VIP Member
Am I missing something?
Why are these fucking deluded morons telling people they’re entitled for being concerned about THEIR MONEY?

Are these Karen’s trying to say they wouldn’t complain to Boots or ASOS or wherever they buy their sticks for up their arses if a triple payment was taken from their bank account?
Next time I see someone say that I’m genuinely going to reply to them and tell them where to go. I’ve had enough. And I don’t ever comment on that page.

• Heart
Reactions: 31