Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I took one for the team and listened to this week’s podcast. High/low lights were Hirons referring to Amber’s braided hair as ‘locks’, Amber saying that 2 or 3 of her ride or die products were by Dr Sturm 🤭, Hirons continually referencing Ava 🙄, Hirons acting like they are best mates (evergreen, be prepared for her to turn on you Amber). Then in the question bit, Hirons telling a story about Ava, in which Ava pointed at herself and said to some bloke ‘what about *this* makes you think I’d settle’ (Hirons then referred to her as ‘my queen’🤢), Hirons not allowing Amber to answer any questions because she was too busy saying how she couldn’t answer the question because these things simply wouldn’t happen to her, Hirons slurring her words then saying it’s because she’s ‘had a lovely cup of tea’ (yeah, I don’t know either), and loads more

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

50sGirl

VIP Member
Sorry for being judgemental, but why do The Freaks think liking skincare is a hobby/personality trait?
I’d be mortified if I got that cake for my birthday.

5B6B5A08-4C87-43E7-9091-88FABC50129A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

Shelly333

I do wonder if it's the other way round. I think Trinny is pretty steely - I don't buy this whole 'I'm the big sister everyone wants act', this is the woman who not only was able to handle a man known for domestic violence but actually got him to put up the initial funding for her brand before getting shot of him (I know others love her, that's ok).

So I could see Hirons befriending Trinny, because we know Hirons loves a high profile friend. Hirons the big mouth then boasts about the profitability of skin care etc, assuming that Trinny was going to stick with make up. Trinny though is quietly vampiring Hirons' ideas, and as she's got more money, she's able to get a sleek brand to market first, making Hirons' look like the sad copy, even though it was probably in development longer.

Too late, Hirons' realises she's been had (this just shows the margins in skincare must be much higher than makeup if they are all piling into it), but it's her own boastful fault, and the best she can do is try and trash the Trinny microneedling and buy up her daughter's domain name.

Meanwhile, Trinny can laugh all the way to the bank, and has no need to trash Hirons as she's the winner!

Eta, I don't like either of them, so not defending anyone here, they are both as awful as each other.
It’s an interesting perspective. I don’t doubt for a minute that Trinny isn’t stupid but I doubt whether she‘s vampired Hirons at all. So she’d know about mark up she’s been around the business long enough. She also has a full range of skin care and Hirons with her reputation as ‘the skin care‘ expert could have done this too. Why is it that she hadn’t? is she as popular within the industry as she makes out? Matt Goss alluded to her reputation. She’s worked for Liz Earle has plenty of contacts to boot. Trinny sold her home and a lot of belongings and still rents whilst Caroline owns a place in London and Ruth Crillys place.

yes Trinny is a business women, the difference with her a Caroline hirons is I think she genuinely supports other Women whilst Caroline says she does then denigrates them. We see this in her lives all the time and to say she doesn’t need to trash caroline hirons as she’s laughing all the way to the bank, she also doesn’t decry other people either, not just Caroline but nobody just like a lot of other professional beauty people dont either, like Caroline does by saying she buys their kids names domains up. Who in their right mind even thinks that let alone do it. The micro needling episode wasn’t just unpleasant about her jibe at Trinny it was throwing the random unknown women she had on under the bus too. Caroline damaged her own reputation by this as she had a short memory about when she’d promoted her mates mirco needling tool.

• Heart
I don't understand why she wants to deny the timing of kits or new products are done around pay day. It's surely just good marketing? "Of course I time the kits around pay day, I want you all to have the opportunity to enjoy them and who has money left half way through the month?" She can totally sell that as a "I just don't want you to miss out babes" opportunity.

Ray1403

Chatty Member
Having a billion steps to a routine does not always mean great skin. Neither does it mean that the Kween will take that much notice of you either
funnily enough i had an emergency c-section 5 weeks ago and since then the only skincare i’ve mustered the energy to do is running my face under the shower and sticking on some moisturiser. my skin looks the best it has in ages

• Heart

donutwitch

Chatty Member
Just been to check if there’s anymore but they’ve all been deleted apart from this one! She must’ve thrown an almighty strop 😂
I really hate the censorship that goes on in comments and review sections, it gives a totally false picture of how popular a person or product is, and that anyone else reading that disagrees must wonder if they’re imagining things. I wonder if CH is the one to order that all these critical comments come down or if it’s a PR person sorting it so she never knows how many people can’t stand her yobbish personality?

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I think having mobile phones out is a bad look in a customer facing environment. If they need to be looking things up for work then they should be given a tablet, otherwise it will look from the outside (to customers, and other stakeholders) as though it’s personal use.

GalofHal

I'm briefly in London for work so booked a session at the Trinny counter. Also stopped off (twice) at Lisa Eldridge.

Both busy all the time. SK on the other hand, not a single customer on the 3 times I went past. Counter staff must be so bored.

edited to add that's a Sunday Riley staff member, not a customer 🙂

IMG20240610144752.jpg
IMG20240610144818.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
If any Freaks in Recovery are here, please know that you can buy 6 very soft terry towelling nappies from Amazon for less than the cost of one Skin rocks flannel. They are 60x60cm so you could cut them in half and have 12 a very similar size https://amzn.eu/d/hFoQK26
I bought 48 flannels off Amazon 3 years ago for a ridiculously cheap price, as my skin couldn't handle the body puffs and I've always used a flannel on my face. myself and Mr Rev have hammered them and they still look new.

I've never understood why flannels are considered a luxury item and need to be discussed at lengths on the freaks group

• Haha

OnlyPassingThrough

I listened to the Q&A with SJP. Firstly, these are not listeners' questions for SJP, because nobody knew she was a guest. Secondly, CH has clearly used questions that she has asked on IG stories so hardly personalised.

CH kept cutting SJP off, again. She would ask a question, and then answer it herself before SJP could answer.The vibe is that SJP doesn't like CH. SJP was ignoring CH's witterings and carried on talking. At one point there was a question about juggling/parenting and CH boasted that she never missed her kids' plays etc and SJP said one has to be really careful because as a working woman not everyone has the ability to do that and then CH changed tact.

It was quite possibly the worst podcast I have ever listened to.
---
BIB
People only want to hear from her - the ego has landed!

I interpret that as further proof that if you haven't heard of CH, you haven't heard of SR and her audience is smaller than tiny in the grand scheme of skincare. That's why she's moved the CH blog to the SR website.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've listened to some of today's interview. CH talks about Ava having "the body of a goddess" and goes on about how good looking her sons are.
I'm quietly confident I already know the answer - but did Grace Dent actually enquire about Baby Girl's body and if the weasel boys were good looking? Or was this foul information just foisted on her?

• Haha

Cleopops

Chatty Member
Caroline could only dream of the brand success that Trinny has achieved,and I LOVE the fact that Trinny has posted her and her daughter having a great time at the Taylor Swift concert 😂😂 It looks like she's had a fun filled week, while Old Ma Hirons has spent her week on holiday getting her knickers on a twist about Which,SPF and not 'getting' Taylor.
Trinny 1-Hirons 0

• Haha

skincaresceptic

Chatty Member
From the sublime to the ridiculous. SJP was clearly told to do the podcast by ROC who will be paying her a chunk of money. The other guests have just been desperate. She is rapidly becoming a laughing stock, colleagues in the industry must be loving it. Her ‘business model’ is laughable, the scattergun effect, do a whole lot of things very badly. She should have maintained her relationship with the big brands and stuck with the good kits she offered during lockdown. How much longer before she crashes?

• Haha
  • Heart

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
The Swifties are even more batshit than the freaks
---

She’s always telling people to stay in their lane. She should stay in hers
To the Swifties: FINISH HER!

Well, the least they can do us pass-agg, good girl, sweetie-pie her to infinite irritation for us. Go on Swifties. And the Beyhive. All Hirons has to do now is glibly annoy the K-Pop fans and she's have the triumvirate of Very Invested Fans on her tail. 😄

• Haha