Caroline Hirons #29 Not an influencer? What a load of (overpriced) flannel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh she’s going to so full of herself.
Stylist Industry Figure of the year - Best Beauty Winner 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Talking about the Skin Rocks app on the live. Basically, they’ve realised it’s crap with regards to product recommendations so they’ve binned it and are ‘finessing it’ 🤣
---
Blimey, the team member she has on with her answering questions on the app seems very normal. Eloquent and knows her stuff. Why is she working for her?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yawn. Skinrocks app and a rundown of the Oaf's upcoming personal appearances. Boooorrrrrrinnnnng.

Someone asked "What hair products do you use please?" I was very tempted to reply "Why? Are you desperate to avoid them?"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When I tuned into the live, there were 703 viewing. Used to be a much higher figure.

Tuned in. Sounds like I'm searching for Two Way Family Favourites. You have to be a certain age to get that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So no mention of Trinny then? 🤔

I’d just like to apologise for numerous errors in my posts these last few days. I wish I could edit them. It’s a combination of insomnia, peri brain fog and headaches. I’m not usually so careless and it drives me mad when I notice them. 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I didn’t catch any mention of microneedling but I was dipping in and out. Can only stand her for a few minutes then I have to go and top up my wine glass

• Haha
She always goes on about the app being to educate and not sell. But apps generally take around £30k to build. So she’s either paid that to a software house or she’s hired people to build it. In which case she’ll have similar costs per year regards salaries, NI, pension etc. she hasn’t built it for free. People are so dumb to believe she has.

Does anyone have it? Are there ads/paid content? Is it clear that she datamines for brands in the T&Cs?

It’s another revenue stream. It has to be.

Wow!! Impressive…. !!! ❤ glad you saw sense and bet your skin is just as good if not better for less nonsense going on ;) xxx
I rewatched that quite recently Siobhan Finneran was great in it and has gone from strength to strength as an actress
---

Oh, you know, the standard double cleanse, acid, mist, treatment serum, moisturising/hydrating serum, eye cream more mist, moisturiser. Just a typical Freaks' routine.....🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Wow!! Impressive…. !!! ❤ glad you saw sense and bet your skin is just as good if not better for less nonsense going on ;) xxx
Yes I'm certain my skin is better for it. While I was doing the multiple step routines the Oaf advocated at the time, I buggered up my skin barrier more than once. I blame frequent and high % acid use. Post-excommunication from the cult, I've not had this problem once.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She always goes on about the app being to educate and not sell. But apps generally take around £30k to build. So she’s either paid that to a software house or she’s hired people to build it. In which case she’ll have similar costs per year regards salaries, NI, pension etc. she hasn’t built it for free. People are so dumb to believe she has.

Does anyone have it? Are there ads/paid content? Is it clear that she datamines for brands in the T&Cs?

It’s another revenue stream. It has to be.
It definitely is. Watched a bit of the live, and the repeated exhortations to fill out all the details about products "So we can improve the app recommendations"...

Yeah right - so SR can take all that lovely information and 1. Use it to make a product with mass appeal, and 2. Sell that information to other companies so they can use it to concoct (non-competing) products with mass appeal.

Also, as long as SR don't connect the preference information to data identifying an individual, all that product feedback doesn't count as 'personal data' under GDPR, so they can do what they want with it.

Also on the birthday message, SR saying that over 49,000 people have bought a SR product. Top two products are retinol 1 (£65) and oil (£60). Average those with the moisturiser (£58) to get an average product price of £61.

61 x 49000 = £2,989,000 turnover on product alone...

• Wow
And that's number of customers. Not repeat buys, or people buying multiple products. Or the kits, or however much she charges for ads of which there are numerous. Raking it in.

Reactions: 4
It definitely is. Watched a bit of the live, and the repeated exhortations to fill out all the details about products "So we can improve the app recommendations"...

Yeah right - so SR can take all that lovely information and 1. Use it to make a product with mass appeal, and 2. Sell that information to other companies so they can use it to concoct (non-competing) products with mass appeal.

Also, as long as SR don't connect the preference information to data identifying an individual, all that product feedback doesn't count as 'personal data' under GDPR, so they can do what they want with it.

Also on the birthday message, SR saying that over 49,000 people have bought a SR product. Top two products are retinol 1 (£65) and oil (£60). Average those with the moisturiser (£58) to get an average product price of £61.

This is why I think SR and the kits are separate. With SR the app costs to run and if they aren't selling the data they are using it to develop product. If people don't buy the product then no money and the company closes. The kits on the other hand are pure profit for her.

Reactions: 5
Always one head defending her.
If she wasn’t dissing Trinny why has she hidden the Live from her main page then?
8FA09616-2274-4ADA-9FFB-C24BAD73BC8F.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow

Which is considerably less then is showing on their latest accounts so I'm not sure I believe that 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.