Caroline Hirons #24 Reti-nope

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t get how she thought these “retinoids” were a good idea. Charging £65/£75 for 30ml when you can get 15ml of prescription tretinoin from Dermatica for £20 is insane. And charging more than Medik8 who have actual clinical studies to back up their products and have been around for years. The mind boggles.

Reactions: 26
What’s sad is she’s hyped tret as the queen for years. Now it’s not so good that she’s brought out retinoids to go in between tret if you don’t want to do tret all the time. That’s not how she portrayed it for all this time. And all those adverts for dermatica and skin&me. Wtf is that about? All is a bit scandalous if you ask me

Reactions: 14
The whole thing around the so-called 'launch' of her own skincare line has been quite pathetic really. From the fact she only launched 2 products - 1 really, just in different strengths, to no logo on the bottle. I really can't understand why she didn't start with a cleanser (or maybe two - a balm and a cream) and a moisturiser. These would (or should) have been among the more affordable products and a selling point could have been the change of season.

Hirons herself seemed (from the little I could bear to watch) less enthusiastic than might have been expected. I wonder whether she regretted the whole venture and wished she could have backed out, but was too financially committed to be able to do so🤔

Anyone who still has access to the Freaks, is there much celebration of the products? I mean apart from the likes of Pinksmith and similarly insane people?
She was pipped to the post by trinny and Sali hughes. That threw her. The launch into a fully saturated market was very tentative

Reactions: 16
She was pipped to the post by trinny and Sali hughes. That threw her. The launch into a fully saturated market was very tentative
Some Freakoids are applauding that it was “10 years in the making” because she wanted to ensure it was right!
It was so right that the brand name was missed off the packaging!
She implied she was launching a skincare range not just one product (at a time) which is why I feel the Freakoids are disappointed.

Some Freakoids have been posting that Oskia retinal is better than tret. I bet that’s gone down well.
What’s the betting one application of Skin Rocks and a Freakoid will look post that they 20 years younger by morning?!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also its black Friday in a few weeks so people will hold off for that, along with the current economic crisis putting people off spending so much on a product that's so readily available for so much cheaper elsewhere.
I reckon a lot of the freaks will be holding off until Black Friday - remember the drama last year when she released “bun Friday” (duck knows why she calls it that) discount codes for the kits?

Reactions: 12
I reckon a lot of the freaks will be holding off until Black Friday - remember the drama last year when she released “bun Friday” (duck knows why she calls it that) discount codes for the kits?
Oh yes I remember that. Those kits were the most expensive she'd ever done and eventhe usually 'blinded by devotion' Freaks were hopping mad when they were offered at a massive discount just days later.

Reactions: 10
I’m still confused why there’s no branding on the actual product. It has to be a mistake, surely?
Waiting for Black Friday when she offers a discount code. All the freaks will be thanking her for her ‘kind gift’ to them 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 9
X Factor Freakoid post!
She’s after mist recommendations (budget) for menopausal skin. Couldn’t leave it there though, had to add in that its an induced one in her 30s before she’s had children. I feel for her because that must be dreadful to have that choice taken away from her but is it relevant to the product recommendations? I think not.
Lots of recommendations and one offer of a freebie (which was accepted, obviously!).
I think the majority of the Freakoids are finally becoming immune to these X Factor posts. Yay!

X Factor Freakoid post!
She’s after mist recommendations (budget) for menopausal skin. Couldn’t leave it there though, had to add in that its an induced one in her 30s before she’s had children. I feel for her because that must be dreadful to have that choice taken away from her but is it relevant to the product recommendations? I think not.
Lots of recommendations and one offer of a freebie (which was accepted, obviously!).
I think the majority of the Freakoids are finally becoming immune to these X Factor posts. Yay!
The begging posts are definitely getting less traction than they used to. I had an induced menopause in my late twenties and another early thirties and MY GOD a face mist would have done absolutely naff all 😆 the hot flushes were every 10 minutes and I'd be dripping in sweat, it was grim. I feel for her, but this is something she needs to be asking her gynaecologist/GP about because they can prescribe things to mitigate the side effects of a medical menopause if necessary. I'm surprised so many of the x-factor style posts get through.

The Freaks really are the gift that keeps on giving! Just this morning we have a stupid question (get the box out of the loft love!), an ID story, 2 queries that really should be directed to a doctor/dermatologist and the first 'CH retinoid is amazing'.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
:rolleyes:
They could employ a bot to answer the majority of the freaks' questions - it just needs to be programmed to write either, "see a GP or pharmacist", "two teaspoons in the freezer can be soothing and help to bring swelling down if gently applied to the eye area", "Wow you don't look a day over 28", "please tell me your routine", "No, you don't need to wear SPF in the dark".

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The Freaks really are the gift that keeps on giving! Just this morning we have a stupid question (get the box out of the loft love!), an ID story, 2 queries that really should be directed to a doctor/dermatologist and the first 'CH retinoid is amazing'.
A few years ago, I was asked if I had ID in Sainsburys. I said “no, I’m 38” and she looked at me and replied “oh yeah, now that I look again. Yeah.”

Sometimes people just take a glance, sometimes its clothes you’re wearing, sometimes the kid in the cinema is following rules to the letter, but no-one believes a 42 year old is 17 🙄 And the profile pic of that woman; even less likely.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
A few years ago, I was asked if I had ID in Sainsburys. I said “no, I’m 38” and she looked at me and replied “oh yeah, now that I look again. Yeah.”

Sometimes people just take a glance, sometimes its clothes you’re wearing, sometimes the kid in the cinema is following rules to the letter, but no-one believes a 42 year old is 17 🙄 And the profile pic of that woman; even less likely.
Ha ha! A very similar thing happened to me, also in Sainsburys. I am 56 FFS and it was last year and I was wearing a mask over my less-than sharp jawline. The checkout girl asked me for ID for buying alcohol. I honestly didn't get why she was asking and she got quite annoyed until I removed the mask and she said "oh... never mind".

I decided at that point to get over the sagging jaw and be satisfied with my relatively youthful upper face although lord knows the woman must have needed glasses. There is no way I can pass for 25.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ha ha! A very similar thing happened to me, also in Sainsburys. I am 56 FFS and it was last year and I was wearing a mask over my less-than sharp jawline. The checkout girl asked me for ID for buying alcohol. I honestly didn't get why she was asking and she got quite annoyed until I removed the mask and she said "oh... never mind".

I decided at that point to get over the sagging jaw and be satisfied with my relatively youthful upper face although lord knows the woman must have needed glasses. There is no way I can pass for 25.
😆 It happens so often though doesn't it? The freaks bless their hearts think it's their 27 step skincare routine making them appear 20 years younger than they are... but it's just a quick question some cashiers will ask half the people they glance at. I got asked for ID a couple of years ago (doing a v standard weekly shop which included a bottle of something slightly random like sherry for a recipe I was making). I showed her my ID, but because my almost-40 year old husband didn't have his with him she refused to let me buy the fecking sherry 🤣🥴 loool, gave me a right stern warning that she couldn't incase I was buying it for him and he was underage.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Brilliant compilation! 😂

Reactions: 2
20221113_222311.jpg

Not one person has tried to influence this Freak to buy Gangsta's retinol instead of Medik8's 😂 why buy a £75 or so retinol when you can have a huge discount on a fabulous, tried and tested Medik8 one instead?

In other news...

20221113_222331.jpg

No love, it's called a reaction. I thought Scamaline had tried to convince everyone in her live that Retinol 1 was perfect for all skins. Didn't she say something along the lines of: "even my mum hasn't reacted to Retinol 1. NO ONE hasn't been able to use it"... well here's someone who's clearly got an issue with it...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
From the horse's mouth.
There ya go. I used to use Medik8 before I got a £20 a month dermatica prescription. There's no point in me buying Medik8 any more, or Scamaline's retinols, because I'm now using tret, The Big Daddy of retinols. A good chunk of the Freaks are probably using Dermatica or Skin and Me because she's been constantly pushing it so... where exactly do her products fit in?

Which one of you jokers has been trolling?

20221113_235413.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I think them calling it a serum says it all really. Anyone who knows what they're doing even vaguely with retinol is, at best, only going to try it when they actually need a new one. People who don't, who say things like "I need a serum" or "I need a toner" and can't manage to grasp the concept that these are umbrella names for products that do specific things are going to be getting it and slathering it on and wondering why they have red cheeks.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.