Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She won’t debate, she talks/ shouts at people and isn’t really interested in their opinion unless it supports what she has already stated.

An example of this behaviour is when she stated, quite categorically, that Michael Hutchence was the best front man of a band *ever* and she said ‘don’t @ me, I’m right , no discussion’. He was hugely charismatic no doubt but no one loves music more than CH🙄 so a differing opinion is worthless and pointless to her .

She could learn the art of saying nothing, the JK Rowling issue regarding Transphobia for example but she just can’t help but throw that booming voice and gurning expression into any heated discussion she can sniff out.

Oaf suits her personality to a tee.
I actually think she has adult adhd. Thats my 2p worth!

I actually think she has adult adhd. Thats my 2p worth!
I agree totally. The way she’s gone major on the BLM yet I’ve never seen her ever be interested in black skincare ever and I’ve watched her for years. She’s so manic.

Reactions: 4
I agree totally. The way she’s gone major on the BLM yet I’ve never seen her ever be interested in black skincare ever and I’ve watched her for years. She’s so manic.
I think generally she says there isn't a difference between black and white skincare. From what I've seen she tends to mention black skin more in terms of SPF which can leave a white cast.

Reactions: 1
She's never been arsed about black makeup and is quite happy supporting brands who don't have an extensive shade range.

Reactions: 2
I've been meh about CH for years but over lockdown I have been watching her Instagram lives for something to do.

On the Thursday? Before George Floyd was killed she had a q&a about secrets of the industry or something similar
She skimmed over topics to do with race injustice. Pretty much said of you are black you need to find work in London, itll be on a counter and there are few people of colour in head offices.
She also said her own company is all white.

She didn't seem overly angered by this injustice or offer any insight as to how the industry could do better.

She did say so far she has only hired from within her family and friend circle. And to be fair she did say she would try to be more inclusive

Skip to 3 days later and she is livid, crying and shaking at the injustice.
She is taking days off from the Insta lives as she can't cope with the level of racism in her industry
She has had an "inclucivity rider" for "years" (why did she not mention it when racism was heavily questioned on the previous Thursday)
She will donate to BLM in the US - but needs a time to sort her donation out in the UK

It screams of bandwagoning

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I've been meh about CH for years but over lockdown I have been watching her Instagram lives for something to do.

On the Thursday? Before George Floyd was killed she had a q&a about secrets of the industry or something similar
She skimmed over topics to do with race injustice. Pretty much said of you are black you need to find work in London, itll be on a counter and there are few people of colour in head offices.

She didn't seem overly angered by this injustice or offer any insight as to how the industry could do better.

She did say so far she has only hired from within her family and friend circle. And to be fair she did say she would try to be more inclusive

She is taking days off from the Insta lives as she can't cope with the level of racism in her industry
She has had an "inclucivity rider" for "years" (why did she not mention it when racism was heavily questioned on the previous Thursday)
She will donate to BLM in the US - but needs a time to sort her donation out in the UK

She is such a bloody hypocrite. Makes me mad. It’s so fake that she gives a tit. She doesn’t really. And the BS about her WiFi. There was nothing wrong with it, she wanted a break from bangwagoning! She must be exhausted from creep arsing! 🤬🤬🤬

Inclusivity rider?! Hahaha! Bull 💩💩💩
How she keeps a straight face is beyond me.

Reactions: 3
Ffs - it’s like she’s only just discovered black people. I’m finding her cringeworthy atm. Just tone it down. Let’s see where she is in 6 months time.

Reactions: 6
Anyone seen her post on the mag covers, I mean it’s a fair point but the comments are fire. Jo Elvin who was the editor of Glamour for years in the U.K. made a good point about people turning down covers even if the mag wanted them to be the cover star and carolines response is yet again more rudeness. Why can’t she accept the reality can be nuanced? It doesn’t undermine her point by the way but Jo’s insight was useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She is just AWFUL. This in response to Jo Elvin's very politely-worded points.

think we’re on dangerous ground of this becoming a diversion from the facts. The numbers don’t add up. Across the board I mean, throughout the mag world. Maybe Black women didn’t want to be on covers of mags that they felt didn’t include them enough in the first place. It’s systemic in Condé. We know this. And I never made this solely about the editor, except in the case of Edward, who clearly came with a ‘this is changing’ mentality across all levels of management and the board.
This has been her pet cause for FIVE MINUTES.

• Sick
Reactions: 8

WTAF- how many magazines have you edited, Caroline? Must be infuriating to be an editor and be lectured by an influencer/ shiller

Reactions: 9
Oh, the stories she could tell you! She won't. Ever. Because she's not on the inside, she just likes to act as though she is.

I don't follow her, but FFS I just saw her clean-washing post shouting about people saying bakuchiol is a retinol. They didn't, they said it was a retinol alternative. The pictures she posted clearly shows that. Why's she got to be so bleeping aggressive all the time?

Reactions: 7
Oh, the stories she could tell you! She won't. Ever. Because she's not on the inside, she just likes to act as though she is.

I don't follow her, but FFS I just saw her clean-washing post shouting about people saying bakuchiol is a retinol. They didn't, they said it was a retinol alternative. The pictures she posted clearly shows that. Why's she got to be so bleeping aggressive all the time?
It’s like she’s showing all the time. I wonder if she has bipolar or an attention deficit disorder. She’s so hyper. It could be too much caffeine or whatever the tea alternative is.

I bet Edward wouldn’t know her if he tripped over her mannish size 10 feet!! 🙄

• Haha
It’s like she’s showing all the time. I wonder if she has bipolar or an attention deficit disorder. She’s so hyper. It could be too much caffeine or whatever the tea alternative is.

I bet Edward wouldn’t know her if he tripped over her mannish size 10 feet!! 🙄
I know, hark at her! “Edward” clearly has her on speed-dial.

(Do the kids still say speed-dial?)

• Haha
They’re on Caroline’s Instagram posts. I don’t follow her, I just went for a nose.

Her posts about eye cream 🙄 does It really matter? I’ve noted she doesnt explain “why” just a lot of this is what you shouldnt do. Another pedestal from which to tell other people off from.

Reactions: 2
Her posts about eye cream 🙄 does It really matter? I’ve noted she doesnt explain “why” just a lot of this is what you shouldnt do. Another pedestal from which to tell other people off from.
What is so terrible about putting eye cream on last? I don't get it!

I was scrolling through her posts and saw something called "inside the book". Skimmed through it and she mentioned something about Clarisonics and how she wasn't a fan but that it didn't matter as loads of people loved them. She then said that if people wanted to buy them they could do their own research. WTF! Is that in the book? I could feel brain cells die if I read that in the book

• Haha
What is so terrible about putting eye cream on last? I don't get it!

I was scrolling through her posts and saw something called "inside the book". Skimmed through it and she mentioned something about Clarisonics and how she wasn't a fan but that it didn't matter as loads of people loved them. She then said that if people wanted to buy them they could do their own research. WTF! Is that in the book? I could feel brain cells die if I read that in the book
With regard to eye creams I think a lot of places recommend putting on first as the skin is thinner and if you are using an eye cream you want to make sure that penetrates before you put other/thicker creams etc on.

I always put my eye cream on first after cleansing but that's what I've always been told to do and to me doing it last would feel wrong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.