Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With regard to eye creams I think a lot of places recommend putting on first as the skin is thinner and if you are using an eye cream you want to make sure that penetrates before you put other/thicker creams etc on.

I always put my eye cream on first after cleansing but that's what I've always been told to do and to me doing it last would feel wrong.
I always put it on first too, just what I'm used to.

That explanation makes sense but of course it would be beneath Hirons to offer an explanation

Reactions: 1
I always put it on first too, just what I'm used to.

That explanation makes sense but of course it would be beneath Hirons to offer an explanation
yep I have no issue if there’s a reason for CH thinking that’s best in her opinion (Because that’s all it is). But it’s the annoying ranting and putting people down because they do something different. And in the grand scheme does it matter is what i am thinking. Is it enough of a deal to berate other people??

also noticed Lily Pebbles and Anna Edit have got CHs book but its a “gift from a friend” so their not declaring it as an ad. And they also have a copy on pre order apparently, seems a fishy way of getting free PR for her book and dodging the disclosure rules.

Reactions: 3
I also notice that none of these gifted books have gone to Black influencers/friends. She must have sent them before she decided she gave a tit.

Reactions: 7
I also notice that none of these gifted books have gone to Black influencers/friends. She must have sent them before she decided she gave a tit.
Lol, yeah! It’s because she didn’t have them. She’s so cringey and desperate. I’ve never seen a Gleam friend or influencer of colour in any of her IG or Youtube vlogs. I think she’s embarrassing herself.
Tonight saying she’s part Cherokee ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lol, yeah! It’s because she didn’t have them. She’s so cringey and desperate. I’ve never seen a Gleam friend or influencer of colour in any of her IG or Youtube vlogs. I think she’s embarrassing herself.
Isn't she also Irish and American too?

Reactions: 2

She's said that before (when she said she didn't need much SPF because she's "part Native American")

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I really don’t understand the point of the book (I mean, I do, CAPITALISM) but surely all the info about skin care, double cleansing, where best to spend your money (actives not cleansing) etc are all documented in her cheat sheet guides on the website. I get that not everyone will view the site but I’m pretty sure those who have followed her for a while could have written the book ourselves!

She’s not. Wonder who alienated whom there 💅.
My guess is she left so she didn't have to pay them a cut. A bit like In The Frow

I really don’t understand the point of the book (I mean, I do, CAPITALISM) but surely all the info about skin care, double cleansing, where best to spend your money (actives not cleansing) etc are all documented in her cheat sheet guides on the website. I get that not everyone will view the site but I’m pretty sure those who have followed her for a while could have written the book ourselves!
Exactly. There won't be anything new there

Agree. The book will be the same tit from her post re packaged. Her fans will tout it as a bible of straight talking. Cringe.

I noticed she said “math” on her vogue cover Instagram post. I have no issue with the American English use of the word math but to use it in the UK is odd. Everyone says maths here.

Reactions: 7
Agree. The book will be the same tit from her post re packaged. Her fans will tout it as a bible of straight talking. Cringe.

I noticed she said “math” on her vogue cover Instagram post. I have no issue with the American English use of the word math but to use it in the UK is odd. Everyone says maths here.
But she grew up in mississsippiiipppiiiiii don’t you know

Reactions: 3
New to this thread - I’ve heard of people mentioning CH, usually in hushed reverential tones, as if she has the key to perfect skin etc etc. I’ve just, for the first time, watched some of her stories - and I don’t get it! Am I missing something? She just looks like some very ordinary fudge faced hausfrau with circles under her eyes and lines/bags too. Is her look something we are supposed to aspire to? Or is it a case of don’t do as I do, do as I say - because if she’s promoting products and skincare routines, I don’t want to end up looking like her!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But she grew up in mississsippiiipppiiiiii don’t you know
Every bugger knows. She only mentions it eight hundred and twenty twelve times a year.

New to this thread - I’ve heard of people mentioning CH, usually in hushed reverential tones, as if she has the key to perfect skin etc etc. I’ve just, for the first time, watched some of her stories - and I don’t get it! Am I missing something? She just looks like some very ordinary fudge faced hausfrau with circles under her eyes and lines/bags too. Is her look something we are supposed to aspire to? Or is it a case of don’t do as I do, do as I say - because if she’s promoting products and skincare routines, I don’t want to end up looking like her!!!
Credit where credit is due, the basis of some of her advice is great. When I first became aware of her 8 years ago, my skin was shocking. Some of what she says is actually good, and my skin has never been better. Sadly, she's also turned into an absolute ding bat who believes her own hype.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.