Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone is looking for a good skincare book, I'd recommend Perfect Skin, unlocking the secrets by Alexandra Soveral.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have never heard of her thank you! There is a good article with her on the Financial Times website too. She speaks total sense, very balanced.

Reactions: 2
And I have never cleansed my face in the morning, just splash with cold water and onto the skincare.

Does any one have success with the CH level of daily exfoliation? It must work for many people as her following are quite fanatical.
I wouldn't take advice about daily exfoliation from someone with skin like her. It's really not necessary to use acids every day, especially when she is such a big advocate for retinoids.

Reactions: 3
remember when she said she had a reaction to Liz Earle c&p? I have never believed this. When you consider all the acids/retinol she has used on her face - her skin reacted to Liz Earle?! Def sour grapes in my opinion.

Years ago (probably about 2014) she did a video about a gadget you put on your skin and it told you how hydrated your skin was. She got a low score and her husband scored much more highly. She was really pissed off! Ever since I’ve taken her skincare advice with a pinch of salt!

• Haha
I wouldn't take advice about daily exfoliation from someone with skin like her. It's really not necessary to use acids every day, especially when she is such a big advocate for retinoids.
Yeah, I really like using the Pixi glow tonic for exfoliation, but I find that if I use it too often or too close in time to my (weak) retinol, my skin gets really angry.

Reactions: 1
I have never heard of her thank you! There is a good article with her on the Financial Times website too. She speaks total sense, very balanced.
It's a great book, technical enough that you feel like you're learning something, no specific product recommendations, talks about genes and skin conditions and diet and a whole host of other stuff. It's the kind of beauty book I want to read and best of all, she doesn't recommend owning 70 different types of acids or have a chapter called "get in the sea"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
remember when she said she had a reaction to Liz Earle c&p? I have never believed this. When you consider all the acids/retinol she has used on her face - her skin reacted to Liz Earle?! Def sour grapes in my opinion.

Years ago (probably about 2014) she did a video about a gadget you put on your skin and it told you how hydrated your skin was. She got a low score and her husband scored much more highly. She was really pissed off! Ever since I’ve taken her skincare advice with a pinch of salt!
Totally agree, she uses too many different products it's neither wonder that her skin freaked out. My skin hates cleanse and polish, too fragranced/too many essential oils. I actually used it recently as I had a travel size I wanted to use up and I was left with a huge spot on my face (I never really get spots). Gave it to my husband who says it stinks so he won't use it either lol. :rolleyes:

Another good one, maybe slightly woo in places, is makeup artist Wendy Rowes book. She is another big believer in diet affecting skin more than skincare.

Yes, C&P does contain essential oils that could potentially irritate someone with sensitive skin, but considering everything else she uses on her face a) she doesn't seem to be sensitive and b) how tf would you know what has irritated you when you're using a cupboard's worth of products?

Totally agree, she uses too many different products it's neither wonder that her skin freaked out. My skin hates cleanse and polish, too fragranced/too many essential oils. I actually used it recently as I had a travel size I wanted to use up and I was left with a huge spot on my face (I never really get spots). Gave it to my husband who says it stinks so he won't use it either lol. :rolleyes:
Sorry to echo you, posted before I saw your post!

• Heart
Also, regarding the book I mentioned, it saved me from getting microneedling. In a moment of madness, I had paid for a very expensive course of microneedling. I then happened to read the book and she mentioned she didn't like resurfacing treatments as they disturb the acid mantle and over time affect firmness as they actually destroy collagen. I got a refund for the course and I'm so glad as I've come across a lot of feedback since about people regretting microneedling.

I have also just realised how rubbish influencer books tend to be.

Reactions: 5
I bought a microneedling thingy after seeing Trinny lawnmowering her face over and over, she claims it stimulates collagen production. It was intensely painful to use (surprise surprise) and quickly got relegated to a drawer never to be picked up again.

Love absentmindedly rolling my face at night,while watching tv, with a jade roller though.

Another vote for Wendy Rowe, I love her. I'd love to go on a night out with her, she sounds like a right laugh :love:

I bought a microneedling thingy after seeing Trinny lawnmowering her face over and over, she claims it stimulates collagen production. It was intensely painful to use (surprise surprise) and quickly got relegated to a drawer never to be picked up again.

Love absentmindedly rolling my face at night,while watching tv, with a jade roller though.
The thing is with microneedling at home, you have to be so careful and ensure it is kept clinically sanitary at all times or else you're at risk of exposing your skin to infection. It cuts the surface of your skin so the last thing you want is germs and dirt getting in there. Not for me personally. There are some things that should be left to the professionals, at least they use disposable needles. I love my jade GuaSha, feels so good.

Reactions: 4

I like my jade roller too, feels cooling!

I just ordered Wendy Rowe's book. Thank you!

Last edited:
I’m in her group and a young girl literally made a post about black fishing various comments interesting to see it was ‘swiftly’ deleted
So if she truly is BLM why delete a post? Why not just turn comments off

C&P gave me terrible eczema. I now avoid products with eucalyptus.

Another book worth reading is Dr Anjali Mahto The Skincare Bible. I'm gutted that she got into bed with La Tilbury.

Fantastic! There are some good recipes in there.
Yes! Second your reccomendation. A good book, good recipes, and while it’s a bit woo, feels more encouraging of loving the skin you’re in than some other books in the segment (pretty honest I’m looking at you...)

Last edited:
No one in the US is bragging about being from Mississippi. Which tells me everything I need to know about how “American” Caroline is. And who would claim being part of this dumpster fire of a country if you don’t have to?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.