Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nobody calls it Southern Ireland anyway, you twit. It's the Republic of Ireland. She can duck off

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Nobody calls it Southern Ireland anyway, you twit. It's the Republic of Ireland. She can duck off
Go and say that in Ireland Caroline. Ignorant cow.
Oh you’re obviously not familiar with Queen Caroline, La Hirons, the most multicultural woman on the planet? What she’s says goes, so from now on, no more Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland, it’s now just Ireland. She says so.

Probably soon to be renamed Hironsland because y’know she’s such a Queen yaaaaas slay 🙄🤣

• Haha
About the amount of products, I can understand having an archive of product references if she's a product developer. But I don't think she is? As far as I'm concerned, her expertise is in retailing?

Reactions: 5
Omg. Her cupboard of stuff is crazy. She should be ashamed of it not proud. Isn't it telling though that she has more skincare than most people would use in several lifetimes yet still relies on Botox and fillers. What is the actual point of it all then?

• Heart
Omg. Her cupboard of stuff is crazy. She should be ashamed of it not proud. Isn't it telling though that she has more skincare than most people would use in several lifetimes yet still relies on Botox and fillers. What is the actual point of it all then?
Exactly. Basically used soap and water or wipes until you’re 55/60 like her and then pump botulism into your face. It makes me laugh. She won’t use products with SLS in them but she’s quite ok with poison injections!!! She is ridiculous. And her army of Clingons haven’t cottoned on. Lol 😂 poor suckers.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Someone posted this picture from the book on Twitter. I'm staggered by the amount of skincare CH has.
Hi. Could you post a screenshot of the tweet for context, please? I've had a look and can't find it because there's so many tweets about her book and twitter doesn't put photos in date order when you search.
Cheers.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read her book, I saw it at Tesco yesterday for 10 quid. When I needed to buy something, I will check her FB group but do you think the book is worth getting. I don't dislike dislike CH like how I dislike others, I found some of her tips helpful (please don't hate me), just wanted to ask if the book is worth getting

Haven't read it but I honestly would be shocked if there's something in there that hasn't already featured on the blog. Saw an extract from the book and it was word for word the same as one of her cheat sheets on "tips for great skin"

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read her book, I saw it at Tesco yesterday for 10 quid. When I needed to buy something, I will check her FB group but do you think the book is worth getting. I don't dislike dislike CH like how I dislike others, I found some of her tips helpful (please don't hate me), just wanted to ask if the book is worth getting
I can't imagine anyone hating you for liking her!

I think CH has said that most of the book contents are available online but it depends whether you'd prefer it in book form.

I've had a flick through the book, I think it depends if you prefer a book to a website to find things. From looking through the book I think most of the info is probably on her blog but not everything, she wouldn't have received an advance if all the info was freely available.

I'm with you about Caroline. I completely understand why CH can irritate people (she does me sometimes) but I think her group and the info on the blog is helpful especially for product recommendations.

I personally feel she is more transparent than other influencers with regards to 'ads' and sticks to an area she knows about then does a brand deal with anyone that offers one (she doesn't try and flog clothes).

I don't like the look of the mugs she is bringing out but it's 'on brand' as she is always banging on about tea (the drink not the gossip).

I absolutely loved her early cheat sheets, however the blog just became product reviews and there would be products she raved about only never to be mentioned again (not surprising given her skincare collection)

Aaaargghhh. That photo of all the products makes me hyperventilate, and I imagine she receives box after box of new stuff daily too.

I find CH's attitude towards skincare so annoying and elitist. She has basically said that if you don't spend a fortune on your skin then you are doing it wrong, she has an anology about people being happy to buy an expensive bag and skincare should be looked at in the same context.

There is no way the average women needs to double cleanse with a hot cloth then add retinol every night. Wake up the next morning double cleanse again, acid tone, vitamin c serum, hyaluronic acid serum, moisturiser, spf then make up on top of all this. I would have removed the first layer of my skin and look like Samantha after her skin peel in SATC.

• Haha
And I have never cleansed my face in the morning, just splash with cold water and onto the skincare.

Does any one have success with the CH level of daily exfoliation? It must work for many people as her following are quite fanatical.

Last edited:
I like my skincare, I get more joy in buying skin products than clothes, is just me. I think the ultimate skincare is the one with no alcohol, less oil, more veg and less diary, 80% of the time depends on genetic in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yep, totally agree! Diet and water etc is the best skincare. I find a lot of oily fish is one of the best and quickest things I can do to look better (still tit but slightly healthier).

I'm not criticising people spending on skincare, I love SKII. But, it is not a necessity (as CH has claimed) and you can get great stuff from The Ordinary inexpensively.

Haven't read it but I honestly would be shocked if there's something in there that hasn't already featured on the blog. Saw an extract from the book and it was word for word the same as one of her cheat sheets on "tips for great skin"
I'm surprised she hasn't taken down her cheat sheets tbh to try to force more people to buy the book!

• Haha
I definitely don't follow her routine every day, but I do tend to double cleanse if I've been wearing makeup or SPF. Simply because I pack both on in multiple layers. And depending on what I have been doing I change routine accordingly- so not really a routine at all!
I really do think she doesn't put enough emphasis on diet, exercise and environment for skin impact. I remember a blog post a few years back that was very detailed, and like some posters above I do think the woman is very knowledgeable, but the change in the blog from teaching to selling made me switch off and hardly ever check it.
I remember reading Kevyn Aucoins book and he distinctly wrote that he was describing the products he used instead of naming them, as trends and brands change. So something by brand A that he used could be discontinued the next year, but something from brand B did the same job. I learned so much more about why products work the way they do than "buy this it'll change your life".
The facebook group is filled with posts that say "I've bought XYZ on Caroline's recommendation, how and when so I use it?". Like of you don't understand what it is for, why did you invest?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.