Caroline Hirons #13 Tell us the truth, you live in the house that belonged to Ruth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But how is Caroline releasing a menopause kit- which as pointed out here could be for anyone with dry skin- not monetising the menopause?

Does Caroline also think her beloved HRT is made for free? She's a gobshite

Reactions: 29
Hirons to brands: stop monetising menopause, that’s my turf

What are Hirons & Baggott cooking up then? A track your menopause symptoms/‘journey’ app/podcast series/book? With product recommendations with affiliate links. Only so we can recoup our costs, mind you! And only products we truly believe in 🤑🤢

edit: spelling

Reactions: 18
I love beauty products but it's a bit rich for Hirons and Baggott to start preaching about how the beauty industry is 'preying on women at a vulnerable time in their lives'. What exactly is different about this and any other part of the beauty industry? You could argue that that's what the beauty industry does in general, whether you're a teenager or a pregnant woman or menopausal. I just don't think Hirons and Baggott are the ones to start preaching about the beauty industry

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have nothing new to add to all that's been said. She's bat tit crazy, extremely rude and zero self awareness! Grab a mirror, Hirons.

Reactions: 17
Hirons to brands: stop monetising menopause, that’s my turf

What are Hirons & Baggott cooking up then? A track your menopause symptoms/‘journey’ app/podcast series/book? With product recommendations with affiliate links. Only so we can recoup our costs, mind you! And only products we truly believe in 🤑🤢

edit: spelling
Remrmbet it will need to be edited and rereleased every 18 months with brand new content too!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love beauty products but it's a bit rich for Hirons and Baggott to start preaching about how the beauty industry is 'preying on women at a vulnerable time in their lives'. What exactly is different about this and any other part of the beauty industry? You could argue that that's what the beauty industry does in general, whether you're a teenager or a pregnant woman or menopausal. I just don't think Hirons and Baggott are the ones to start preaching about the beauty industry
And they are very much part of that industry!

Also, it's not as if nobody's ever spoken about the menopause before she did. (Not saying it's not important, it is, but she makes it sound like "I invented the double cleanse" 2.0)

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Also, it's not as if nobody's ever spoken about the menopause before she did. (Not saying it's not important, it is, but she makes it sound like "I invented the double cleanse" 2.0)
It's odd, isn't it? Is she really saying that until eight years ago she hadn't heard of menopause/peri-menopause/HRT because no-one told her about it? Or she hadn't considered it relevant to her as a 40-something woman?

I've been taking bio-identical HRT for 20 years (I'm in my late 60s). For maybe 15 years before that I'd been considering whether, when the time came, I'd want to take HRT. So, something I've known about for at least 35 years. I've also kept myself informed during that time about the various studies into the risks and benefits of HRT (not in any academic way, just keeping up with the news about it).

Seems rather like her approach to sun protection. When I first saw any of her output she was talking about the lovely tan she'd got during a recent holiday. At some point after that - so within the past 10 years? - she seems to have heard that uv rays are the major cause of visible skin aging and is now evangelical about it. I'd read a fashion magazine article about the link between uv and skin damage in my early teens - so 50 years ago.

Reactions: 25
I'm 50, but is it so awful that I'm getting so bored with all the constant menopause talk at the moment? There are adverts for it, a day for it, even a Cult Beauty goody bag. What's next? A "Menopause Rocks" camo t shirt and matching tote bag?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Im a bit confused as to how little she seemingly knew about menopause and peri-menopause. Didn’t she see her own mother go through menopause? I know I learnt a lot when my Mum went through it.

Reactions: 6
Women never used to speak about it. That is the significant change in all this, not the opportunity to sell us more tit.

Reactions: 17
She knows fine well these clinics aren’t only used by desperate women who have run out of options with the nhs. If she names them on her Instagram they’ll be the first port of call for many of her followers, thereby taking that option away from the very people who need it. Entitled much 😡

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
To be fair, my knowledge of the menopause extends to it being the end on my periods, I know nothing else
I assume my mother has been and done it (being sixty something now) but it's not something she's mentioned ever, or I asked
She's was bulimic/anorexic for majority of my childhood I think so I don't ever remember her having periods. It wasn't something we ever discussed...

So, yes menopause awareness month probably is useful and needed but although I guess I'm the target (40) I'm bored of it already... What with social media, ad campaigns schilling prodect and my work all jumping on the band wagon it's probably doing more harm than good and I've given up paying attention.

Just share the information, don't sell me anything or bombard me 24/7 and I'm much more likely to read it

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.