Caroline Hirons #12 the lousiest QVC I've ever seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are all showing off aren’t they - it’s not real. It’s just made up for the freaks.

Reactions: 3
I see a lot of those posts as evidence of people who are lonely and just looking for attention

Reactions: 9
Surely I’m not the only one appalled that she is buying her 2 year old a vanity table for Christmas and wants her to use skincare?
What kind of parent is encouraging a 2 year old to already become to fixated on how she looks?
When I was a child we had fake, plastic make up to play with so we could pretend we were like mummy. We were children ffs.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Surely I’m not the only one appalled that she is buying her 2 year old a vanity table for Christmas and wants her to use skincare?
What kind of parent is encouraging a 2 year old to already become to fixated on how she looks?
When I was a child we had fake, plastic make up to play with so we could pretend we were like mummy. We were children ffs.
My 4yo has just taken an interest in this kind of play make up and honestly, it makes me feel uncomfortable like she’s only 4! 2 is just 😳

Reactions: 4
All that stuff about "I don't want her exposed to harmful rays even once" is not healthy. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be vigilant and of course skin cancer is an issue but living in fear and imposing that on your child is just not healthy IMO.

Put sunscreen on and teach good habits but don't make the child fearful that if she even gets a glimmer of sun once in her life that she's going to fry

Reactions: 13
All that stuff about "I don't want her exposed to harmful rays even once" is not healthy. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be vigilant and of course skin cancer is an issue but living in fear and imposing that on your child is just not healthy IMO.

Put sunscreen on and teach good habits but don't make the child fearful that if she even gets a glimmer of sun once in her life that she's going to fry
Yeah I think quite a few in that group are OTT when it comes to sun exposure/SPF. It's important to be sun safe of course, but with them it often seems performative, like they're seeking acknowledgement and approval for being such diligent SPF applying freaks. And then you get the performative pearl clutchers that pour scorn on those that don't go out in the dark smothered in factor 50 LRP... 😑

Speaking of SPF, did anyone see the Chantecaille SPF/semen post on the freaks this morning? 🤨

• Wow
  • Haha
I wouldn't give a 2 year old their own SPF. I would apply it to them myself. Otherwise at some point there will be an accident with it squirting on the carpet and ruining it. I'm sure the freaks are ruining their skin more with their overuse of acids and retinol than they would with a few weak cold weather rays on their faces. I definutely will not wear SPF if I'm in the house all day - particularly on a dull day when I'm not sitting by a window. Caroline now says that if it's bright enough to read by natural light inside or outside you need SPF. My consultant dermatologist friend disagrees.

If I'm in the house all day, or if it's winter (I live in Scotland where it's only daylight 9-3 in the winter and I spend most of those hours inside in the office) then I just use my normal moisturiser that happens to have factor 20. It's not like with makeup where you won't apply enough to get the SPF, I apply a decent amount.
I think some people get too worried and should think about taking vitamin D tablets with how little sun exposure they are getting.

I'm really not prudish in the slightest but I found that post and the comments gross and childish tbh 😑
Did Caroline actually have the sense not to get involved?
Bizarrely there are some pleasant and sensible people on that forum. Their voices do seem to get drowned out though.

I saw the mother of two year old has matching dressing gowns for all her daughters when they have a 'spa day'.
Sigh.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Did Caroline actually have the sense not to get involved?
Bizarrely there are some pleasant and sensible people on that forum. Their voices do seem to get drowned out though.

I saw the mother of two year old has matching dressing gowns for all her daughters when they have a 'spa day'.
Sigh.
She actually advised to shake it. So irresponsible! Aside from the cringe-worthiness of her comment, you're not supposed to use a sunscreen that's separated, it's doubful the filters will serve their function.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.