Caroline Hirons #11 Is it the X Factor circa 2005 or a skincare group?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a kind of fungal infection caused by an overproduction of yeast as far as I remember. I got it in warmer weather due to being a bit sweatier.
A bit of Nizoral on the patches left on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off worked a treat for me, hope it does the same for you! :)
I'll give anything a go, thanks again.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm getting beyond sick of her sending minions after random ppl on insta. Some blogger put a reel about foods that boost your natural sun protection as part of a series of posts about sun protection, the first being SPF, but caroline put up that reel implying the woman is saying don't use spf and now her followers are giving her abuse saying she's going to give ppl skin cancer and she's a moron

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
A book I read from a derm once had recommended eating certain foods to boost the skins protection (obviously alongside using SPF) so there is something in it. Caroline can piss off

Reactions: 11
A book I read from a derm once had recommended eating certain foods to boost the skins protection (obviously alongside using SPF) so there is something in it. Caroline can piss off
I've actually just unfollowed her that has pissed me right off she has the brain capacity of gnat, she couldn't take two seconds to see what that woman was saying and instead sends abuse her way and buzzes off to find the next thing to rage about for 0.5 seconds. She isn't even intelligent enough to comprehend that actual doctors and scientists would recommend anything that hasn't entered her little bubble yet. As a scientist it pisses me off when she bleats on about science yet has the most closed off mind and hasn't a clue what she's talking about, she just vomits up keywords she thinks are smart

Reactions: 18
How can her fans not have woken to the fact she's a toxic person that's awful everyone does different Skincare information even if it was something way off why not message the person

Reactions: 7
How can her fans not have woken to the fact she's a toxic person that's awful everyone does different Skincare information even if it was something way off why not message the person
Because that would require like two seconds of rational thought before abusing someone and Caroline doesn't do that

Reactions: 8
She's a nasty reactionary bully. I'm convinced she is constantly gunning for a row and actively looks to have them

Reactions: 18
….caroline put up that reel implying the woman is saying don't use spf and now her followers are giving her abuse saying she's going to give ppl skin cancer and she's a moron
… kind of like Caroline’s own, now deleted, advice back in the day? Hypocrite! And moron!

Reactions: 12
I agree with her about the crap spouted by idiots re SPF but as a woman who I’ve met and chatted to (and who was so nice, sweet and really friendly) I feel like I’m watching a parody of this woman. It’s like she’s been overtaken by the fame, the adoration, the vanity and the self inflated egotism to become a potty mouthed verbally incontinent version. I find it really sad, embarrassing and shameful. The SPF rant tonight was unnecessarily sweary and angry, she doesn’t need to behave like that to get her message across. It’s getting out of hand, to the point that she’s lost control.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
lol someone posted a rash they have in the freaks group, stated multiple times that it is not sunburn (despite looking like it) as she has not been in the sun AND has had it diagnosed by a doctor as some sort of reaction and yet every freak is telling her it is sunburn?? Literally why do these people think they know better than doctors my god

• Angry
  • Wow
Someone please tell me - when was the last time she came on to talk about products (empties etc) that wasn’t a kit she’s flogging. She’s lost touch with her audience. I don’t know what the duck’s going on anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I'm getting beyond sick of her sending minions after random ppl on insta. Some blogger put a reel about foods that boost your natural sun protection as part of a series of posts about sun protection, the first being SPF, but caroline put up that reel implying the woman is saying don't use spf and now her followers are giving her abuse saying she's going to give ppl skin cancer and she's a moron
But there are certain foods that boost your own skin's sun protection. That is just fact. Probably not by much but it is true. I think one of the ingredients is lycopene - found in tomatoes, but most strongly tomato puree for some reason. More concentrated I suppose. But I doubt (as you say) the blogger is suggesting just rely on food.
Trust Caroline to focus on one small part of a reasoned and interesting debate and go off all guns blazing about the tiny bit she understands.
You can just imagine her roaming round the stately pile shouting about it and working herself up into a state 😂

Reactions: 8
But there are certain foods that boost your own skin's sun protection. That is just fact. Probably not by much but it is true. I think one of the ingredients is lycopene - found in tomatoes, but most strongly tomato puree for some reason. More concentrated I suppose. But I doubt (as you say) the blogger is suggesting just rely on food.
Trust Caroline to focus on one small part of a reasoned and interesting debate and go off all guns blazing about the tiny bit she understands.
You can just imagine her roaming round the stately pile shouting about it and working herself up into a state 😂
I have followed CH for a while and used a few of her recommendations, I even joined the FB group (although I've currently had to mute as the dramatic / attention seeking posts got too much). Never purchased any 'kits' though. Per her advice I have been using a SPF50 on my face religiously since April this year and have noticed a massive difference in my sun damage - some of my sun spots are much less dark etc - I'm 45 with fair skin, lived in Australia for a while and previously had a slap dash attitude to SPF. All that said I am not lathering sunscreen on every inch of my body if I'm not actually laying out in the sun. I'm firmly in the 'we need some sun for VitD' camp.

I just Google searched 'food as spf' - literally every article that I found says to still use high protection sunscreen and that food is no substitute for spf. I guess this may well not be the case with Instagrammers trying to convince someone to use tomato as a sunscreen 🤷‍♀️ Some of the most suggested foods in the articles are - tomato, watermelon, pepper, green veg, kiwi fruit, pomegranate i.e. all pretty healthy and seasonally appropriate foods for summer. A couple of CH's cheat sheet state how bad sugar is for your skin - if she can accept that sugar, i.e. a food, destroys collagen and contributes to ageing of the skin why would she not even consider that there may be some foods that can help with sun protection? Rather than just immediately dismiss it? Maybe if she responded in a more considered way she wouldn't alienate people who have previously followed her?

Reactions: 9
I mean, also sugar is one of the main components of tomatoes, watermelon, kiwi fruit, etc :D.

Reactions: 3
I mean, also sugar is one of the main components of tomatoes, watermelon, kiwi fruit, etc :D.
True!

My understanding, as someone who is not nutritionally / scientifically trained, is that sugar in fruit / vegetables is not usually considered that problematic as by eating a whole fruit you are also getting the all phytonutrients, vitamins, fibre, water etc in the fruit and therefore it is not the same as pouring refined white cane sugar down your throat 🤷‍♀️

I agree with her about the crap spouted by idiots re SPF but as a woman who I’ve met and chatted to (and who was so nice, sweet and really friendly) I feel like I’m watching a parody of this woman. It’s like she’s been overtaken by the fame, the adoration, the vanity and the self inflated egotism to become a potty mouthed verbally incontinent version. I find it really sad, embarrassing and shameful. The SPF rant tonight was unnecessarily sweary and angry, she doesn’t need to behave like that to get her message across. It’s getting out of hand, to the point that she’s lost control.
I’m in total agreement here. Even though I knew her (very vaguely, her kids were in the same class as mine at primary school) I really enjoyed the sensible advice and product recommendations until about eighteen months ago. I could never watch the verbal diarrhoea of the Instagram lives, but I always enjoyed the written articles she used to regularly publish on the blog. Now there are none of those, or even just empties/new products. I literally don’t care about her opinions on anything else, I only read/follow her for skincare info and now there’s basically none of that. Surely lots of us are feeling the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
lol someone posted a rash they have in the freaks group, stated multiple times that it is not sunburn (despite looking like it) as she has not been in the sun AND has had it diagnosed by a doctor as some sort of reaction and yet every freak is telling her it is sunburn?? Literally why do these people think they know better than doctors my god
To be fair I’ve just seen said post and it’s so symmetrical and the shape of a low vest top that I can see why everyone thinks that. Very odd.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.