Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hadn’t heard of him before him being involved with Caroline. Is he some kind of reality ‘star’ ?

Another thing I noticed when reading around the case today was the fact that Caroline’s mum referred to her daughter as ‘a girl’. I understand that her daughter will probably always be her little girl and maybe I was reading too much into it but I couldn’t help but wonder why she wasn’t referring to her 40 year old, professionally successful and independent daughter as a woman (or even a young woman).

Reactions: 15
If it’s true that her boyfriend sent pictures of the scene to others , that is unforgivable.

Don’t blame them! Sending a photo to the scene to an ex was absolutely vile behaviour, he should be ashamed of himself
This bloke was the victim of a violent crime. He'd just been beaten and assaulted. I don't think it's vile, unforgivable, nor do I think he should be ashamed that he took a photo of the scene and sent it to a friend. It might not have been the best decision, with hindsight and it does look the friend leaked the photo but I doubt he was thinking particularly clearly at that point. He was probably scared and shaken up. Maybe couldn't believe what had just happened to him and wanted to share it with someone. Victim blaming is a really awful phenomenon which needs to end now.

Reactions: 49
I think what this whole situation boils down to is the fact that domestic violence where women are the antagonist is still very much a tetchy subject and people don’t know how to approach it or talk about it.
The only people who really know what went on in the relationship were Caroline and her partner. For all we know, it could have just been a toxic relationship where both were as bad as the other, we all know people who have been involved in those types of relationships. He could have gaslighted her and caused her to react in ways she wouldn’t normally, or she could have just been an abuser with no real reason behind it. Nobody will ever know.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This bloke was the victim of a violent crime. He'd just been beaten and assaulted. I don't think it's vile, unforgivable, nor do I think he should be ashamed that he took a photo of the scene and sent it to a friend. It might not have been the best decision, with hindsight and it does look the friend leaked the photo but I doubt he was thinking particularly clearly at that point. He was probably scared and shaken up. Maybe couldn't believe what had just happened to him and wanted to share it with someone. Victim blaming is a really awful phenomenon which needs to end now.
What did he think would happen to those photos? Just because hes a victim doesn't excuse this horrid behaviour.If your scared and shaken up the last thing you'd want to be doing is sending photos to everyone in order to get them published. This is exactly what happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The sending of photos really depends on the context in which they were sent to friends.

Reactions: 5
Yes that’s a very good point

Reactions: 2
What did he think would happen to those photos? Just because hes a victim doesn't excuse this horrid behaviour.If your scared and shaken up the last thing you'd want to be doing is sending photos to everyone in order to get them published. This is exactly what happened.
Assume you have some kind of evidence to back this up? That he's sent them to multiple people to get them published? How do you know that's exactly what happened?

I've sent photos to a friend when I was a victim of a crime. Asked her to keep a copy in case something happened to mine. Nothing sinister in it, just a record of what happened. I took a photo when someone crashed into my car too. Pretty standard.

Reactions: 19
although and awful and tragic situation, this was no ones fault. Caroline was the victim of her own choices and actions. She clearly wasn’t well, they clearly had an unhealthy relationship. To throw a phone full pelt at your boyfriends head in a rage which causes him to bleed profusely as was stated in the police report, is assault plain and simple.

The CPS couldn’t just let her off because she was famous, what would the public have thought if they had??? They cannot make allowances for people in the public eye.

She tried to kill her self several times, but text her friends beforehand to let them know?? If that’s not Manipulation I don’t know what is. But what could they do? She refused to go to hospital, she refused to even admit to the paramedics that she was suicidal. Therefore there was nothing they could do for her. You cannot take someone to hospital against there will unless they have been sectioned, which maybe she should have been.

She was furious with her friends for calling 999 and told them to leave her. She put them in the most horrible situation.

Could they have done more, possibly, but they would have been going against her will. I think her parents could have intervened personally, I mean if it was my daughter I would have done but it’s easy to look in hindsight I guess. Maybe that’s why her mum is trying to place the blame on other people. It’s a very sad situation.

Reactions: 24
Especially given his ex already sold stories to the papers. Doubt he was that gulliable to think by sending those pics to an ex (not sure if it’s the same one) that they wouldn’t get out.

Reactions: 2
Assume you have some kind of evidence to back this up? That he's sent them to multiple people to get them published? How do you know that's exactly what happened?

I've sent photos to a friend when I was a victim of a crime. Asked her to keep a copy in case something happened to mine. Nothing sinister in it, just a record of what happened. I took a photo when someone crashed into my car too. Pretty standard.
Nail on the head with this. Plus imagine he decided to report the crime at a later date, would that scene have been believed without the photographs? The general public sadly would’ve likely scoffed at the idea that someone like Caroline Flack was violent.

Reactions: 8

The blood was Caroline’s that he shared to someone else, it was a very personal situation Caroline got herself into where she self harmed and he shared that

While I do think it’s sad the photos originated from him none of us know what happened and who he sent them to or why he did and there would be incriminating photos to send if she hadn’t attacked him 🤷‍♀️

My opinion is there would have been a very different outcome had there not been trial by media. I don’t think the tabloids should be able to name and rip someone to shreds until they have been convicted of a crime. This goes for everyone regardless of status.
This paying for stories which they don’t know if they are true or not just shouldn’t have a place in society.
Yes, CF clearly had her own demons but these were only exacerbated by our MSM who don’t give a damn about people only a headline.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The blood was Caroline’s that he shared to someone else, it was a very personal situation Caroline got herself into where she self harmed and he shared that
She harmed him too. He shared the picture with a friend. We don't know why, or what his intention was but he was the victim here.

I think some celebs play a very dangerous game with the media. Many ‘celebs’ pay the newspapers to be papped and appear in their daily column. Media interest isn’t just the the promotion of themselves and the nice stuff they get up to. It’s warts and all. Many celebs far more famous the column of shame daily mail stars manage to keep themselves out of the press. For many it’s a choice.
The good is good but the bad can be very ugly.

Lets be honest if it had been some average joe and they had let her off with a caution what would have happened if she had killed him the next time? you cant go easy on someone just because they are famous assault is assault at the end of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
although and awful and tragic situation, this was no ones fault. Caroline was the victim of her own choices and actions. She clearly wasn’t well, they clearly had an unhealthy relationship. To throw a phone full pelt at your boyfriends head in a rage which causes him to bleed profusely as was stated in the police report, is assault plain and simple.

The CPS couldn’t just let her off because she was famous, what would the public have thought if they had??? They cannot make allowances for people in the public eye.

She tried to kill her self several times, but text her friends beforehand to let them know?? If that’s not Manipulation I don’t know what is. But what could they do? She refused to go to hospital, she refused to even admit to the paramedics that she was suicidal. Therefore there was nothing they could do for her. You cannot take someone to hospital against there will unless they have been sectioned, which maybe she should have been.

She was furious with her friends for calling 999 and told them to leave her. She put them in the most horrible situation.

Could they have done more, possibly, but they would have been going against her will. I think her parents could have intervened personally, I mean if it was my daughter I would have done but it’s easy to look in hindsight I guess. Maybe that’s why her mum is trying to place the blame on other people. It’s a very sad situation.
She had mental health issues, and other conditions mentioned in course possible PTSD and panic disorder ! Let’s not belittle mental health, at the end of the day she committed suicide she’s not coming back! Lewis
She harmed him too. He shared the picture with a friend. We don't know why, or what his intention was but he was the victim here.
he was indeed a victim .... but on the grand scheme of things now she’s dead ... the biggest losers here are her family

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.