Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I feel for her mother, she should not be blaming the police for wanting a prosecution rather than a caution. How many times have the police been blamed when they have been given a caution instead of a prosecution in domestic cases?

Its been a while since I was in the police, but from what I recall CPS would not allow a caution to be given in DA cases, especially when there was injury involved.

Its a dreadful situation. However the fact someone has MH issues does not negate what happened, and certainly shouldn't be a factor in making a decision whether to prosecute or not. How many times have there been domestic incidents when the offending partner cries, wails, threatens self harm etc. It is another coercive tactic over their partner, and is exactly why these cases must be prosecuted.

Also wanted to add - if CF was only given a caution, how does that look to the very many silent men who are suffering DA?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her mother needs to STFU - she is embarrassing herself.

Her daughter was an unstable, paranoid, jealous, unpredictable, violent mess (and had been for a long time) with appalling taste in men, who clearly self medicated with alcohol and no doubt illegal drugs, instead of getting herself the help she was in the very fortunate position to be able to afford.

I think Caroline taking her own life was always going to happen, as long as she continued to choose to live her life in the public eye.
I don't disagree with you. Her mother is trying to pin the blame on someone but doesn’t seem to have acknowledged the demons her daughter had.

Reactions: 16
If she'd just pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, there would have been no "show trial"....

I don't disagree with you. Her mother is trying to pin the blame on someone but doesn’t seem to have acknowledged the demons her daughter had.
i wasn't disagreeing with you either 😊 I was just adding to your well made points.

Reactions: 9
I guess she was hoping it would just all go away and it never. If she pleaded guilty she would have lost her job and reputation, but these things happened anyway. I think the only way for a gentler outcome would have been if she had pleaded guilty and showed remorse and openly accepted she had issues and she would seek help for them. I think the denial and lack of remorse spoke volumes.

Reactions: 17
The police and CPS did everything they should have done, historically when domestic abuse didn’t get appropriate investigation it led to fatalities. You can’t predict what may or may not have happened.

I still feel upset at Caroline’s death but you can’t blame the authorities for trying to safeguard potential victims

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It was reported when the funeral was held that her boyfriend had not been invited. If the reports are true about him messaging pictures , the family obviously didn’t want him there.

Reactions: 13
Did she hit him with a lamp? I thought it said the police wasn't sure if it was a lamp or mobile phone.

Reactions: 7
Whilst I feel for her mother, she should not be blaming the police for wanting a prosecution rather than a caution. How many times have the police been blamed when they have been given a caution instead of a prosecution in domestic cases?

Its been a while since I was in the police, but from what I recall CPS would not allow a caution to be given in DA cases, especially when there was injury involved.

Its a dreadful situation. However the fact someone has MH issues does not negate what happened, and certainly shouldn't be a factor in making a decision whether to prosecute or not. How many times have there been domestic incidents when the offending partner cries, wails, threatens self harm etc. It is another coercive tactic over their partner, and is exactly why these cases must be prosecuted.

Also wanted to add - if CF was only given a caution, how does that look to the very many silent men who are suffering DA?
Isn’t a caution an admission of guilt as well? A caution stays in your criminal record I think?

Reactions: 6
Obviously her mother and family will still be distraught and grief stricken. Grief does funny things to a persons brain and obviously its easier to point the finger at the Police than start to look at your daughters failings and also ultimately at yourself as well. I feel sorry for her family, I think its a tragedy.
Also her boyfriend sounds a right pig as well, she shouldnt have hit him but he even send the photos of the bloodied room to his friends, was cheating on her etc. No wonder the family shunned him. He has to live with all that as well.

Reactions: 17
Obviously her mother and family will still be distraught and grief stricken. Grief does funny things to a persons brain and obviously its easier to point the finger at the Police than start to look at your daughters failings and also ultimately at yourself as well. I feel sorry for her family, I think its a tragedy.
Absolutely. She’s still their daughter/sister etc and the circumstances surrounding what happened, then her suicide are tragic.

Reactions: 8
It was reported when the funeral was held that her boyfriend had not been invited. If the reports are true about him messaging pictures , the family obviously didn’t want him there.
Don’t blame them! Sending a photo to the scene to an ex was absolutely vile behaviour, he should be ashamed of himself

Did she hit him with a lamp? I thought it said the police wasn't sure if it was a lamp or mobile phone.
I don’t think it was clear from what I read. I’m not sure why Lewis hasn’t confirmed, would have thought he would been required to?

Reactions: 8
Also her boyfriend sounds a right pig as well, she shouldnt have hit him but he even send the photos of the bloodied room to his friends, was cheating on her etc. No wonder the family shunned him. He has to live with all that as well.
Sounds as though he didn’t bring out the best in her 😕

Reactions: 3
I don’t think it was clear from what I read. I’m not sure why Lewis hasn’t confirmed, would have thought he would been required to?
I thought he said lamp on the 999 call but she said "I hit him with a phone" (presumably his phone if she'd been going through it as previously reported) when she was arrested.

I seem to remember him being photographed with her friends on the day of the funeral at a wake (maybe they had their own if he wasn't invited to the family one)

Let me see if I can find it....

Reactions: 5
I thought he said lamp on the 999 call but she said "I hit him with a phone" (presumably his phone if she'd been going through it as previously reported) when she was arrested.

I seem to remember him being photographed with her friends on the day of the funeral at a wake (maybe they had their own if he wasn't invited to the family one)

Let me see if I can find it....
Yes you are right about the pic. From memory it was Lewis with her friends Molly and Lou. Im sure her friends would have attended the funeral, I think they were the girls that were trying to keep an eye on her .

Found it on Lou Teasdale's account....

465E6E79-442A-40A1-BB81-AA0FB1FEF386.jpeg
89B245E1-2E1F-4C61-B127-C864DC2F2802.jpeg

Top photograph is Stephen Teasdale (presumably Lou's father) Lou, Lewis and Jack McGuiness (GQ editor)

Second photograph is Lou & Molly.

Reactions: 2
She hit him with a phone, as the phone was bloodied & had a cracked screen on the bottom corner.

Her death is still quite triggering for me, i unfortunately see similarities in behaviour & situations and thats hard to face 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He doesn't really seem that bothered though does he....?

Coroner's ruling....

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi, new poster here after some time lurking!

I have read today that Lewis assumed he was hit with a lamp or desk fan with some force - he was asleep and I imagine things happened quickly so he couldn’t be sure. Caroline said she hit him with her phone, which was said to have a substantial amount of blood on it and a crack on the corner. When interviewed at the police station, she said she hit him in a sideways, ‘flicking’ motion to wake him up.

I remember pictures of the crown of Lewis’ head were released to demonstrate how small the injury was but I read that the police have said his forehead was cut?

• Heart
He might not appear that bothered but I bet it will affect him subconsciously even, he'll have nightmares about it and all sorts I bet. He wont walk away unscathed.

Reactions: 4
He might not appear that bothered but I bet it will affect him subconsciously even, he'll have nightmares about it and all sorts I bet. He wont walk away unscathed.
apparently he’s now seeing her friend Lottie Tomlinson...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.