Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds most likely she hit him with a phone then. He was no doubt confused and I’m sure it felt like it could’ve been a lamp given he was asleep at the time. Very weird of him though to share the photo of Caroline’s blood with his ex, of all people.

Reactions: 3
I think people should also look to her management to see why no one intervened, employers have a duty of care and she should have been forced to get help sooner, it was pretty clear she was seriously unwell and struggling. The media took it too far (as they often do with female celebrities) but they didn't have a duty of care towards her the same way her management did. They should have been the ones keeping her out of the spotlight and getting her help so she couldn't have even seen what the media were saying. A couple of months at a mental health facility/rehab and it would have as good as blown over by the time she was discharged.

For what it's worth to people saying it would have been very different if it was a man - Kobe Bryant was celebrated as a hero after his death this year but was a rapist. So it wouldn't have been any different if she was a man 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
While I do think it’s sad the photos originated from him none of us know what happened and who he sent them to or why he did and there would be incriminating photos to send if she hadn’t attacked him 🤷‍♀️
We do know he sent them to his ex though.

Especially given his ex already sold stories to the papers. Doubt he was that gulliable to think by sending those pics to an ex (not sure if it’s the same one) that they wouldn’t get out.
Has that been reported before? Didn't know that.

Reactions: 1
Although a desperately sad situation, she did what she did. I have a feeling many issues would have come out in the court case (drug use etc) and Caroline could not live with the fact that people would hear about the real life she lived. Not this glam successful women but more like a lonely woman who had mental health issues and abused drink and drugs and would get violent with her partners. If the roles were reversed her boyfriend would have been hung out to dry.

Reactions: 30
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but I think the paramedics were very keen to take her into hospital and they would have had she been in a public place, but as she was in her own home they were unable to take her for help against her will.

Reactions: 12
Something I’m sure I read yesterday, the paramedic or police officer first onSite commented that there were signs of other attempts at suicide round the flat. Did I make that up?

Reactions: 3
Something I’m sure I read yesterday, the paramedic or police officer first onSite commented that there were signs of other attempts at suicide round the flat. Did I make that up?
Yes she had taken tablets the day before her suicide

There were pills around but she said she had been looking for some for her headache

although and awful and tragic situation, this was no ones fault. Caroline was the victim of her own choices and actions. She clearly wasn’t well, they clearly had an unhealthy relationship. To throw a phone full pelt at your boyfriends head in a rage which causes him to bleed profusely as was stated in the police report, is assault plain and simple.

The CPS couldn’t just let her off because she was famous, what would the public have thought if they had??? They cannot make allowances for people in the public eye.

She tried to kill her self several times, but text her friends beforehand to let them know?? If that’s not Manipulation I don’t know what is. But what could they do? She refused to go to hospital, she refused to even admit to the paramedics that she was suicidal. Therefore there was nothing they could do for her. You cannot take someone to hospital against there will unless they have been sectioned, which maybe she should have been.

She was furious with her friends for calling 999 and told them to leave her. She put them in the most horrible situation.

Could they have done more, possibly, but they would have been going against her will. I think her parents could have intervened personally, I mean if it was my daughter I would have done but it’s easy to look in hindsight I guess. Maybe that’s why her mum is trying to place the blame on other people. It’s a very sad situation.
I was surprised that she didn’t stay with her sister and her family/her mum until the trial was over, since they all appear to be close and it would have got her away from the paparazzi...

I was also surprised that her friends or family weren’t staying with her 24/7 based on the reports of her emotional distress, suicidal ideation and multiple suicide attempts. Maybe they asked to but she pushed them away, as she did on the morning of her death. I suppose they also couldn’t control her reading media reports and looking at the reaction on social media but it would have been so much healthier for her to just remove herself from that world for a while and have a media detox.

I know the coroner has ruled that she certainly intended to take her own life and hanging is not a method you choose if it’s a cry for help but the wording of her letter - something like ‘please let the trial be dropped and me and Lewis find harmony’ - seemed strange to me because of course the trial would be dropped if she has died? And does she mean she hopes to see Lewis in an afterlife? That alongside texting friends to say she is going to commit suicide/has overdosed (I’ve forgotten the specific details) suggests she may have been trying to manipulate an outcome. Then again, when she successfully committed suicide she locked the door to the flat knowing her friends didn’t have keys so she clearly didn’t want to be found. I suppose she was just very unstable during this time.

No, it read more like when they found her on 15th there were signs of previous failed attempts. I found the article....I took it to mean she had maybe tried before the final attempt..
I read that part that way too, which does suggest she was very determined in her intention. I can’t remember what time they tried to gain access to her flat but I think it was a few hours after they had left in the morning - I guess that’s long enough to try a method, recognise it’s not working for whatever reason and try another, and another... Such a morbid thought.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah the night before the suicide she overdosed. She did the same the night before the first hearing too.

Her sister has kids I think so it probably wasn't possible for her to stay for that long. She probably didn't want her mum staying. Sounds like she had a friend with her most days but even they need to pop out for a little bit to get things, which was when she took her chance.

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but I think the paramedics were very keen to take her into hospital and they would have had she been in a public place, but as she was in her own home they were unable to take her for help against her will.
I read her friend Molly’s criticism of the paramedics for not taking Caroline to hospital but she failed she realise they were just adhering to the Mental Capacity Act which is there to protect people with the capacity to make their own decisions, even if those decisions are unwise.

Reactions: 10
I think some celebs play a very dangerous game with the media. Many ‘celebs’ pay the newspapers to be papped and appear in their daily column. Media interest isn’t just the the promotion of themselves and the nice stuff they get up to. It’s warts and all. Many celebs far more famous the column of shame daily mail stars manage to keep themselves out of the press. For many it’s a choice.
The good is good but the bad can be very ugly.
I remember reading that Caroline had an arrangement with The Sun where she gave them tidbits of personal stories about her mental health, relationships etc in order to keep more salacious stories out of the paper. I think her ex Andrew said it was a stressful arrangement for her, they basically held her ransom over her reputation. But she no doubt also used the media to promote herself, her career and to get freebies, which resulted in a pretty good lifestyle. You live by the sword, die by the sword I guess. I just think she wasn’t emotionally strong and stable enough to survive in that world (I wouldn’t be either!).

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I remember Caroline saying in an interview that one of her friends once called her draining. I can imagine that being friends with her wasn’t easy at times, in the sense that there were probably very high highs and very low lows.
I have had friends in my younger days that zapp pretty much everything you have , they take take take emotionally until there is nothing left to give.

• Heart
  • Sad
I think "friends" generally dont want to know when anyone has a problem but themselves and its family member you have a good relationship with that are the most supportive. I think Caroline did have a few proper good friends and she was very close to her immediate family as well.

Reactions: 7
I think "friends" generally dont want to know when anyone has a problem but themselves and its family member you have a good relationship with that are the most supportive. I think Caroline did have a few proper good friends and she was very close to her immediate family as well.
Sad all round but I think super unfair of her mum to blame everybody else for the situation. They knew she was fragile so the family and friends ahould hve rallied round her.
You can’t blame others for her decisions.

We do know he sent them to his ex though.

Has that been reported before? Didn't know that.
Yeah at the start of their relationship. I’m sure it was The Sun, saying he was still in love with her etc.

What did he think would happen to those photos? Just because hes a victim doesn't excuse this horrid behaviour.If your scared and shaken up the last thing you'd want to be doing is sending photos to everyone in order to get them published. This is exactly what happened.
Big assumption there , that "he sent them to everyone in order to get them published."
Maybe he sent them in a "Look what she's done to me now!" kind of way. You know, like when the police advise you to record your injuries and leave evidence with a friend in case the perpetrator slams your head once too often and you end up dead.
She injured him and it came back at her and she couldn't cope with the backlash, simple as that.

Reactions: 15
You know, like when the police advise you to record your injuries and leave evidence with a friend in case the perpetrator slams your head once too often and you end up dead.
Exactly this. Or maybe he sent them to his friend (don't know why everyone is so hung up that they used to date, as if that's a factor) and said "Look, I don't know if I'm overreacting by calling the police but this has just happened..."

It can be a real headfuck being in an abusive relationship. Sometimes really hard to work out what is normal, you doubt yourself and wonder whether you're "making a fuss" or if you caused the abuse (Spoiler: you never did) Some people find it really helpful to have a friend or family member they can discuss it with, and yes that might include sending photos of a crime scene.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.