Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'All online activity was stopped for the day with no phones seen anywhere at the service or the wake. No photos have been posted of that day by anyone actually at the wake and I thank every one for respecting the family's wishes,' said Mrs Flack.

Confirms that Lewis, Lou and Mollie weren’t there as they were posting photos. How strange.

I suspect her parents agreed to give this statement in return for the privacy on the day. Which should have been given anyway

Reactions: 5
'All online activity was stopped for the day with no phones seen anywhere at the service or the wake. No photos have been posted of that day by anyone actually at the wake and I thank every one for respecting the family's wishes,' said Mrs Flack.

Confirms that Lewis, Lou and Mollie weren’t there as they were posting photos. How strange.

I suspect her parents agreed to give this statement in return for the privacy on the day. Which should have been given anyway
So so sad. But very strange that the two friends she spent her final days with and her boyfriend weren’t there?! How can that be so?? Unless she wasn’t meant to post that picture but she did anyway.

Reactions: 4
A few days late but Emma Kenny isn't a qualified Psychologist. She has a degree but she isn't a doctor or anything. If you have a psychology degree it doesn't make you a psychologist! She's a quack.
This is a really grey area and there should be more guidance around it. The title 'psychologist' is not a protected title which means you technically can call yourself a psychologist if you just have an undergraduate degree. Titles like clinical psych, forensic psych or occupation psych are all protected titles which means you cannot use these titles without the proper additional qualifications. The title counsellor is also not protected so you can call yourself a counsellor if you've done a two week course. She does see people for counselling which would be different to the approaches of clinical psychologists.

Technically Emma Kenney is not doing anything wrong by calling herself a psychologist (although if she has referred to herself as a clinical psychologists there could serious implications) but I think it is very misleading for most people and I don't think the responsibility should be on the general public to work out what qualifications someone actually has. Sorry to derail

So so sad. But very strange that the two friends she spent her final days with and her boyfriend weren’t there?! How can that be so?? Unless she wasn’t meant to post that picture but she did anyway.
I don’t think so. Her mums statement said everyone that was there respected it and didn’t post.
She’d have known they posted as the papers ran the story. I don’t think they were there

Reactions: 1
I don’t think so. Her mums statement said everyone that was there respected it and didn’t post.
She’d have known they posted as the papers ran the story. I don’t think they were there
Could it be that a group of friends went out together after the official wake? I really can’t see how some of her closest friends weren’t there, especially after her mother mentioned how many people she’d worked with etc from all over the world actually did attend

Reactions: 10
Could it be that a group of friends went out together after the official wake? I really can’t see how some of her closest friends weren’t there, especially after her mother mentioned how many people she’d worked with etc from all over the world actually did attend
Yes possibly. All seems very strange if not as you say

That’s what I took it to mean-the photos Lou Teasdale etc posted were from somewhere they went after the wake.

Reactions: 2
I think her close friends went elsewhere afterwards, as others have said. I doubt very much if her closest friends weren't invited, if there were 200 mourners there. It sounds like it was a lovely service and her mum got to say goodbye to her girl in the way she wanted.

Reactions: 7
It's worth noting that in Psychology, we're starting to refer to EUPD as Developmental Trauma.

Reactions: 3
It's worth noting that in Psychology, we're starting to refer to EUPD as Developmental Trauma.
I’ve always thought of it as a sort of childhood ptsd. If your brain is build a certain way and you have some form of trauma (usually neglect or abuse) BOOM!

I’ve always thought of it as a sort of childhood ptsd. If your brain is build a certain way and you have some form of trauma (usually neglect or abuse) BOOM!
Aye. Trauma, sexual abuse, attachment difficulties, poor self regulation etc...

I still can’t believe she’s gone. I wasn’t even a fan of her but she seemed such a vivacious character. I know that’s silly of me to say as I didn’t know her but still genuinely shocked.

Reactions: 17
I still can’t believe she’s gone. I wasn’t even a fan of her but she seemed such a vivacious character. I know that’s silly of me to say as I didn’t know her but still genuinely shocked.
yes know exactly what you mean. I didn’t watch any of the programmes she presented but once she was gone I watched lots of clips of her, you’d honestly have thought she was killing it. Must be such a loss to her family 😣

Reactions: 9
Yeah I feel the same - still bothers me, it's like you 'knew' her - very strange as I never really get like that with famous people passing but hers seemed to hit me

Reactions: 6
Yeah I feel the same - still bothers me, it's like you 'knew' her - very strange as I never really get like that with famous people passing but hers seemed to hit me
I feel exactly the same, although I didn’t watch any of her shows she felt like someone I knew too. Maybe because we are the same age... It really upset me & still does thinking about it. Especially hearing about her funeral service, sounded like a beautiful service

It has really bothered me for all these reasons, I think it shows how much people can hide their problems as hers were clearly so massive for quite a while yet was very professional in her job. Mental health is so complex. She fooled her best mates right up until the last minute into thinking she was fine. I have felt like this so many times, really low yet people never really ask me how I am as I am deemed as ‘strong’ when there’s so much going on. I think that’s why I almost relate to it, seeming fine, seeming like you’re managing so well then it can all come crashing down. Bless her.

Reactions: 16
I think because you think she would have got through it, and like someone said it was shame that was killed her, shame of the case and what was going to be said. But by now I’m sure she’d be getting over it, the case would have been over! Obviously she must have had mental health issues but she could have worked on all these issues, taken a month out and started again. Nothing is that bad that she should have ended her own life. It’s still shocking

I was thinking about Caroline today and in the current climate, her trial would have been completely swept under the carpet & no one would’ve really been paying attention to it anyway. Which makes it all the more sad 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.