Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a very sad story, but no sadder than the stories of the other countless suicides that happen all the time. It gets coverage because the person involved is a “celebrity” but what of the “ordinary” who also decide that they can’t go on any longer?

I can understand her hurt, but for he mother to say that the case only went ahead because she was a “celebrity” is total nonsense. You only have to look at the magistrate’s court lists every day to see that hundreds of “ordinary” people are charged with domestic violences offences all over the country.

For her to use an official public forum to lay a guilt trip on a police officer who was only doing their duty was appalling behaviour.

if you hit someone over the head with a hard object whilst they are sleeping to the extent that you draw blood, you must expect to face the legal consequences, whether you are famous or not.

We, of course, will never know what would have happened if the case had been dropped, but given her history there is every chance that it could have happened again in the future. Had she ended up seriously injuring someone, that police officer would have been hounded for making the wrong decision.

This was an opportunity for Caroline to face up to her demons and maybe finally get the help she needed to get her life back on track. Sadly she took another option. Her mother and her family need to understand that this is all down to Caroline herself, not the police and not the CPS. Whilst it must be awful to be hounded by the media, she wasn’t the first and she won’t be the last.

The thing is, if you don’t want to end up in this situation, if it gets to the point where you are out of control, seek proper help. You don’t end up in court and all over the papers if you don’t assault people.

It may sound harsh, but Caroline’s mother needs to understand that Caroline was responsible for her own actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
This is a very sad story, but no sadder than the stories of the other countless suicides that happen all the time. It gets coverage because the person involved is a “celebrity” but what of the “ordinary” who also decide that they can’t go on any longer?

I can understand her hurt, but for he mother to say that the case only went ahead because she was a “celebrity” is total nonsense. You only have to look at the magistrate’s court lists every day to see that hundreds of “ordinary” people are charged with domestic violences offences all over the country.

For her to use an official public forum to lay a guilt trip on a police officer who was only doing their duty was appalling behaviour.

if you hit someone over the head with a hard object whilst they are sleeping to the extent that you draw blood, you must expect to face the legal consequences, whether you are famous or not.

We, of course, will never know what would have happened if the case had been dropped, but given her history there is every chance that it could have happened again in the future. Had she ended up seriously injuring someone, that police officer would have been hounded for making the wrong decision.

This was an opportunity for Caroline to face up to her demons and maybe finally get the help she needed to get her life back on track. Sadly she took another option. Her mother and her family need to understand that this is all down to Caroline herself, not the police and not the CPS. Whilst it must be awful to be hounded by the media, she wasn’t the first and she won’t be the last.

The thing is, if you don’t want to end up in this situation, if it gets to the point where you are out of control, seek proper help. You don’t end up in court and all over the papers if you don’t assault people.

It may sound harsh, but Caroline’s mother needs to understand that Caroline was responsible for her own actions.
Love this post ☝🏻

Reactions: 5
I am so sorry for your loss. This post broke my heart a little. I hope you are healing 💓
Thank you. We did eventually take our daughter’s twin brother home, and he brings love for the two of them. I guess another reason why I feel for Caroline’s family, I don’t know if losing an adult twin is the same, but losing a baby twin is so bittersweet and a constant conflict of emotions. There is always a reminder of what you’ve lost, yet a reason to be grateful too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think they are comparable - the exact circumstances may be different but they both concern a TV star with issues with drink, drugs & mental health committing a crime while under the influence which could hurt other people and ruin their careers, the man was treated with kindness and had his job kept open and the woman was thrown under the bus. I didn’t particularly like Caroline and I’m not justifying her actions by any means, if anything I think she was right to be suspended while under criminal investigation but I believe the same should have happened to Ant.
I think it was disgusting that Ant was allowed to weasel his way back into family entertainment after the appalling way he behaved. And Im also disgusted with his mother who got into a car with her very drunk son. He was clearly drunk! I don’t in anyway condone what Caroline did but Ant could have seriously injured an innocent member of the public. I wonder how many times he’d been behind the wheel before he caused that accident. All he got was a slap on the wrist and a fine he could afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve read her book too and you’re right she was shockingly insecure for someone who seemed to have it all and the constant comparisons between her and her sister were sad, I think she definitely envied her sisters life of stability and normality even as teenagers.

I don’t like Lewis in the slightest, he was just another of those celeb hanger ons and I agree he will milk the limelight in years to come but I do find all the victim blaming really weird. Whether she was a serial abuser or not (and Im pretty sure this wasn’t the first drunken violent incident in her relationships) the fact remains that she still assaulted him, regardless of him not being the perfect victim.

I do find it very telling now ITV immediately suspended Caroline yet Ant Mcpartlin who is their pride of family tv crashes his car in to another family in a drug and drink haze and completely humiliated his wife has the full support of The corporation and is allowed to heal and rebuild his career with no judgement!
It’s disgusting.

Ant is a man, and men are held to different standards.

Women are witch hunted and destroyed for the slightest wrongdoing, whereas the bar is so low for men they are excused for almost everything.

It’s disgusting.

Ant is a man, and men are held to different standards.

Women are witch hunted and destroyed for the slightest wrongdoing, whereas the bar is so low for men they are excused for almost everything.
But Ant never physically abused Lisa,and the press DID go in on him,constantly. It was ITV who let him keep his job. If Caroline had have had drink and drug problems, I’m sure ITV would have let her return to Love Isalnd,in the same way if Lisa had been left covered in blood by Ant after a vicious attack, he would never have worked in TV again. The two stories are completely different....

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But Ant never physically abused Lisa,and the press DID go in on him,constantly. It was ITV who let him keep his job. If Caroline had have had drink and drug problems, I’m sure ITV would have let her return to Love Isalnd,in the same way if Lisa had been left covered in blood by Ant after a vicious attack, he would never have worked in TV again. The two stories are completely different....
Yes but it was only luck that he didnt kill that whole family, thats the key issue. He should have been sacked no doubt about it. Also the way they dressed up his drug problem as being due to a bad knee or some such rubbish!!. It was due to him enjoying getting off his head and the party lifestyle.He had a drug/drink problem for years. One more slip though and hes fucked.

Reactions: 16
No one accused Ant of wife-beating?
He crashed while drunk driving. He literally threatened the lives and health of fellow drivers.

The reporting on Ant didn’t have anywhere near the same level of judgement, sneering and vitriol that Caroline received.

Did they sack Caroline from Love Island? I thought it was they said for her to take a break from that series of Love Island and sort her personal stuff out as it wouldn't be appropriate for her to present the show with a DV case looming over her, much the same with Ant he was relieved of his duties until her sorted himself out.

I think she should of gone to get some intensive therapy at that point at a residential place but I think she was too far gone at that point, but who's to say she wouldnt of got her job back on the next series once the case was settled and she got herself sorted? Or maybe the problem was there was more in the pipeline set to come out about her because of this court case and she knew that would be the end of her career? We will never know now it's all what ifs.

Reactions: 14
Yes but it was only luck that he didnt kill that whole family, thats the key issue. He should have been sacked no doubt about it. Also the way they dressed up his drug problem as being due to a bad knee or some such rubbish!!. It was due to him enjoying getting off his head and the party lifestyle.He had a drug/drink problem for years. One more slip though and hes fucked.
I agree,the drink driving thing was unforgivable and he should have been sacked. I just can’t see the comparison with Caroline. Lots of idiots in the public eye get caught drunk driving,more footballers then I care to remember, and they do eventually carry on with their careers. Obviously this is wrong,but domestic abuse is different. Not defending Ant one bit,I just think it’s apples and oranges.....having said that there will be lots of other DV cases that never even make the press.

Reactions: 10
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
I am sorry for anyone who feels so bad that they think the only solution is to take their own life, but I never liked her, she gave off bullying vibes. She was also turning into a mutton dressed as lamb. I will crucified for this no doubt but there you are, thats how she came over to me, but RIP all the same.
You talk about her giving off bullying vibes and then say she was turning into a mutton dressed as lamb as if that isn’t a bullying comment loaded with misogyny. Give your head a wobble.

I think people are being overly harsh on Caroline’s mum. I doubt she’s the first and won’t be the last emotionally distressed person to mouth off a bit during an inquest especially one surrounding your own child. They just don’t make the papers because they’re not relatives of celebrities. Yes what she said is ridiculous and she shouldn’t have said it or tried to blame the officer, but it’s only been 6 months since she lost her child, she will still be in the thick of it and not thinking clearly. In the grand scheme of things is what she said causing any real harm? No of course it’s not so give the woman a break.

You talk about her giving off bullying vibes and then say she was turning into a mutton dressed as lamb as if that isn’t a bullying comment loaded with misogyny. Give your head a wobble.

I think people are being overly harsh on Caroline’s mum. I doubt she’s the first and won’t be the last emotionally distressed person to mouth off a bit during an inquest especially one surrounding your own child. They just don’t make the papers because they’re not relatives of celebrities. Yes what she said is ridiculous and she shouldn’t have said it or tried to blame the officer, but it’s only been 6 months since she lost her child, she will still be in the thick of it and not thinking clearly. In the grand scheme of things is what she said causing any real harm? No of course it’s not so give the woman a break.
A kind of similar situation happened with a friend of mines family member and they looked to blame anyone and everyone. It’s a natural response, even after deaths where laying blame isn’t even logical.

Reactions: 6
She behaved like an eternal teenager - hadn't settled down, drifting from one toxic relationship to another.

Her Mother probably didn't see or treat her as an adult - that's why she called her a girl.
I could not agree more, she was 40 years of age and behaving like a teenager; chasing young boys. Her mother is out order towards that PC, who was just doing her job.

Reactions: 9
No one accused Ant of wife-beating?
He crashed while drunk driving. He literally threatened the lives and health of fellow drivers.

The reporting on Ant didn’t have anywhere near the same level of judgement, sneering and vitriol that Caroline received.
But what the person above is saying is that they didn’t get the same level of judgement because they were in two completely different situations, you can’t compare the two.
If Ant would have physically abused his wife then he would have likely received the same level of judgement as her and been held to the same standard.

Reactions: 2
I could not agree more, she was 40 years of age and behaving like a teenager; chasing young boys. Her mother is out order towards that PC, who was just doing her job.
Her boyfriend wasnt a young boy he was 28, if that was a man who was 40 and a woman of 28 no one would have commented. Not all women want to settle down etc now.

Absolutely agree, that’s why I was hesitant about posting my judgemental comment. I have a child and I can only imagine...

I was recalling the recent media coverage of the PC who tragically died while being towed behind a speeding car for a few miles, after having got his feet caught in straps at the back of the vehicle during a police stop. The men driving the car have been found guilty of manslaughter and his wife and family are very angry and upset about the outcome. The PC’s wife made a strong statement after the hearing, his mother has tweeted about the injustice but none of them ranted and raved in a formal, public setting or singled out their blame for the judge, for example. They’re very different circumstances but I couldn’t help but note the difference in the decorum. It’s understandable but I’d guess quite uncommon behaviour during an inquest.
Totally agree.

But what the person above is saying is that they didn’t get the same level of judgement because they were in two completely different situations, you can’t compare the two.
If Ant would have physically abused his wife then he would have likely received the same level of judgement as her and been held to the same standard.
I agree, if the press had reported that Ant had smashed a lamp over Lisa while she slept,I doubt he would ever have worked in TV again....

Reactions: 10
I agree, if the press had reported that Ant had smashed a lamp over Lisa while she slept,I doubt he would ever have worked in TV again....
Exactly! And if Caroline crashed whilst drink driving, things would have blown over more quickly and she would have likely gone back to work. The difference in reaction from people/press wasn’t because one was a man and one was a woman it was because they were both in completely different scenarios.

Reactions: 7

I would also just comment on the hounded by the media part. Apparently Caroline had lots of media friends and would often give them stories and photos and she said herself she knew she had to promote herself in the media as it was part of her job. So I don't believe she was hounded by them, far from it, its just so commonplace now to point the finger of blame at them every time a known name comes to a tragic end.

So true she was a middle aged woman with the mentality of a teenager

Great post

I was upset over Amy Winehouse but as awful as that was, sadly it was a long time coming, and expected. (I hate saying that)

I’m not sure if it’s because I personally relate to some traits getting out of hand after too much to drink (which is maybe a if Problem in itself) but maybe also the fact that she could’ve easily been one of my friends, and it’s only now that we know that she was suffering for many years.
🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.