Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one thing I don’t understand in this whole thing is how and why it got to the point that she took her own life. If a person is that much a danger to themselves, then they are able to be sectioned for their own and others safety. It was widely reported that she refused to be taken to hospital when she had attempted to/threatened to take her own life. As much as she was concerned about her public image, I think we can all agree that she would have received support and empathy if it was in the news that she was suicidal and had had gone into a mental healthcare facility. It really is such a sad situation. Whether she was guilty of abuse or not, she was still a human being who deserved the help she was clearly crying out for.
It’s actually not that easy to be sectioned. Many people can have multiple attempts and still not be sectioned. I say this as the mother of a child who has attempted multiple times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think people need to be a bit kinder to Caroline’s mum. She’s grieving the loss of her child and she’s unlikely to be thinking rationally.
I agree wholeheartedly, this lady has lost her daughter in the most tragic circumstances and all logic must have gone out of the window and naturally she will be looking for someone to blame.

She found text and threw his phone at him. He made a calculation, knowing how vulnerable she was and told her, 'you're fucked', rang the police and sent humiliating photos of the scene of her self harming to whoever. No doubt she was hard work, but did she have ANYONE who had her best interests at heart in her life other than family?
Despite it all, she still wanted to be with him. She would accept any old tit, she thought so little of herself. Didn't think she was good enough for anything, not even life.
And even in death, all the gory details are printed for no good reason at all. She'd have been so embarrassed.
Caroline seemed go for much younger men and her most recent relationships seemed very rushed and quickly went from passion to turbulence. At 40 she’d been there and done it and had a successful career but her last couple of boyfriends were an ex apprentice hopeful and a model/tennis coach so weren’t in the same place she was .

Reactions: 6
Also, Lewis did come out after the hearing thing at Xmas saying that the blood wasn’t his and he didn’t get hit with a lamp. I’m guessing this was him trying to make up for getting the photo into the wrong hands in the first place.
(I’ve cut most of the pic out as it’s pretty bloody and didn’t want to trigger anyone)

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I appreciate that I’m singing to the choir but it is incredibly hard to get someone with mental health issues in to hospital. If it’s against their will or not. I speak from experience.

editing to add I see others have said similar! And love to you all. It’s a terrible thing to go through x

• Sad
I agree wholeheartedly, this lady has lost her daughter in the most tragic circumstances and all logic must have gone out of the window and naturally she will be looking for someone to blame.

Caroline seemed go for much younger men and her most recent relationships seemed very rushed and quickly went from passion to turbulence. At 40 she’d been there and done it and had a successful career but her last couple of boyfriends were an ex apprentice hopeful and a model/tennis coach so weren’t in the same place she was .
One of the articles I read called her the female Peter Pan which i thought was quite apt, she seemed and looked a lot younger then her years in my opinion. It did seem that all her boyfriends were significantly younger than her which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just an observation

Reactions: 5
Caroline was judged A LOT by the media and the public for her dating history, which was very unfair. Almost all rich and famous men date women young enough to be their daughters (or granddaughters in some cases!) and people might occasionally make fun of them, but no one really gives them a hard time.

I think Caroline tries to pretend that she's a "cool girl" and doesn't care what people think, but she's actually a sensitive soul. RIP. ❤

Reactions: 14
Caroline was judged A LOT by the media and the public for her dating history, which was very unfair. Almost all rich and famous men date women young enough to be their daughters (or granddaughters in some cases!) and people might occasionally make fun of them, but no one really gives them a hard time.

I think Caroline tries to pretend that she's a "cool girl" and doesn't care what people think, but she's actually a sensitive soul. RIP. ❤
Absolutely nobody was interested in Caroline Flack’s personal in any real way, until she started dating 16 year old Harry Styles when she was 32. It wasn’t the age gap per se that was the issue - 16 years isn’t that odd. It bloody well is when the younger person is 16 though.The media would have said the same if sexes had been reversed too, even then we were some years part accepting Bill Wyman style paedophilic relationships.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely nobody was interested in Caroline Flack’s personal in any real way, until she started dating 16 year old Harry Styles when she was 32. It wasn’t the age gap per se that was the issue - 16 years isn’t that odd. It bloody well is when the younger person is 16 though.The media would have said the same if sexes had been reversed too, even then we were some years part accepting Bill Wyman style paedophilic relationships.
I’m not disagreeing with you but I think it’s important to point out Harry was 17 and above the age of consent at the time and there was every indication, according to both the media and Harry himself, that he had a huge crush on Caroline for months and pursued her actively before they became a thing. Do I think Caroline had questionable judgment, being 32 years old and dating an older teenager? Absolutely. But I think the amount of hatred she received was disproportionate given they had what seems to be a very mutually respectful relationship. To this day Harry calls her his first real relationship/love and it doesn’t seem like she took advantage of him. I think Caroline definitely had her demons and she was probably emotionally immature if we look at her dating history but I don’t think she went into that relationship in a predatory way.

I don’t think the relationship was predatory but it’s definitely questionable, I wouldn’t do it, however that’s my opinion though. I myself am with someone who is 6 years younger then me but we met in our 20’s and I rightly or wrongly feel that that’s better, probably down to what society feels is an acceptable age! She shouldn’t have been vilified for it, but if I was the mother of a 17 year old dating a 32 year old I’d be concerned

Reactions: 9
What seems to have been lost is that Caroline was accused of an act of domestic violence whilst intoxicated then when she was arrested behaved in a similar way at the police station towards members of the police. Sometimes one has to face up to the consequences of ones actions. Mental health problems cause you to behave in ways that in a rational state you would not. That does not mean that you are not culpable. Our prisons particularly women’s prisons would be much less empty if we let people off for the reasons Caroline wanted to be let off for. Her mother’s opinion is severely clouded by the horrific grief of losing a child. I don’t think the reality of what happened can be judged from her opinion. Caroline could not face up to the inevitable loss of her career fame and having her and her partners behaviour raked over by the press. There was nobody who could persuade her to use the money she had earned in her lucrative career to pay for therapy and a detoxification Programme. She felt her only way out was to take her life. RIP mam.

Reactions: 17
Kind of annoys me that nobody talks about the role alcohol and illegal substances played in all of this.

Reactions: 21
There aren’t many celebrity deaths that I’ve been affected by. I wasn’t particularly keen on Caroline tbf, but it has always played on my mind. I think the reason for this is that a lot of us have been in situations that have escalated under the influence of alcohol. Which is what I believe happened here. I don’t think she was an abuser, i think a situation got out of hand and escalated very quickly and I can honestly say I’ve been in situations like this where you think how did this happen?
Obviously she did have other mental health issues which is heartbreaking because this outcome didn’t need to happen. But I think if a lot of us were honesty there are times we have been in drunken arguments that could have escalated like this. Sadly for Caroline it wasn’t just a drunken argument. She had demons, and the world watching her, 😢

Kind of annoys me that nobody talks about the role alcohol and illegal substances played in all of this.
Do we know this though? I’m not arguing, just interested to know if there’s any stories that mention this as I’ve always wondered if this was the case.

I honestly think that if I thought there was a chance I would be going to prison I may well have done the same. It’s such a sad sad situation. ♥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m not disagreeing with you but I think it’s important to point out Harry was 17 and above the age of consent at the time and there was every indication, according to both the media and Harry himself, that he had a huge crush on Caroline for months and pursued her actively before they became a thing. Do I think Caroline had questionable judgment, being 32 years old and dating an older teenager? Absolutely. But I think the amount of hatred she received was disproportionate given they had what seems to be a very mutually respectful relationship. To this day Harry calls her his first real relationship/love and it doesn’t seem like she took advantage of him. I think Caroline definitely had her demons and she was probably emotionally immature if we look at her dating history but I don’t think she went into that relationship in a predatory way.
He’s not likely to say anything else but that now. I was the younger person in an age gap relationship for a long time. Was he truly my first love, yes. Do I think my ex was a predator, no. Do I think, being closer in age to his when he met me now, that his judgment was appalling and damaging for both parties - absolutely.

I think adults in their 30’s having relationships with older teenagers is a strong sign of significant emotional immaturity.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It breaks my heart knowing that Caroline had to end her own life to find peace.
It angers me that this male she loved and trusted would leak a photo or take one in her HOME after a private argument that escalated and used what she feared most was bad media to his advantage.

I’m a bit loopy with facts regarding the trial.
Caroline whenever I watched you on screen you was always a very beautiful lady.
I’m sorry the world was tough on you and you felt you could no longer fight your demons and the evil that is man made in this world!!!!!
Hope there are laws what can be posted by so called daily shite etc . I do believe the media attacked her in whatever she did.
To be an celebrity and be happy should not cost you your LIFE!
I hope you know you are dearly loved by all and will be missed x x x
My heart breaks for her friends and family.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I feel very split on this relationship, but I honestly think they could’ve avoided the press at the time of Caroline’s inquest. They clearly have managed until now, if the stories of them getting together in March are true.

It honestly baffles me

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Burton and Lottie Tomlinson step out together
#

Reactions: 7
It breaks my heart knowing that Caroline had to end her own life to find peace.
It angers me that this male she loved and trusted would leak a photo or take one in her HOME after a private argument that escalated and used what she feared most was bad media to his advantage.

I’m a bit loopy with facts regarding the trial.
Caroline whenever I watched you on screen you was always a very beautiful lady.
I’m sorry the world was tough on you and you felt you could no longer fight your demons and the evil that is man made in this world!!!!!
Hope there are laws what can be posted by so called daily shite etc . I do believe the media attacked her in whatever she did.
To be an celebrity and be happy should not cost you your LIFE!
I hope you know you are dearly loved by all and will be missed x x x
My heart breaks for her friends and family.
She assaulted that “Male”. It is very sad that she took her own life however she, like anyone else, was not without fault. It does nobody any favours to gloss over the faults of the dead.

Reactions: 11
I've never watched Love Island or anything she's presented (I'm more into documentaries) but she really seemed like the sort who had a real zest for life, the life and soul of any party or gathering. She seemed to have it all; a fabulous, globe trotting career, independant financially, good friends and a close family. She was very pretty and could wear a bin bag and still look gorgeous. Her smile was dazzling too.
It's just an absolute shame she felt the way she did, even though fans of hers clearly adored her. It's incredibly sad the way she passed away. She must have felt so much crippling pain mentally.
I hope one day her family find peace and know she was loved by many.

Reactions: 12
I've never watched Love Island or anything she's presented (I'm more into documentaries) but she really seemed like the sort who had a real zest for life, the life and soul of any party or gathering. She seemed to have it all; a fabulous, globe trotting career, independant financially, good friends and a close family. She was very pretty and could wear a bin bag and still look gorgeous. Her smile was dazzling too.
It's just an absolute shame she felt the way she did, even though fans of hers clearly adored her. It's incredibly sad the way she passed away. She must have felt so much pain mentally.
I hope one day her family find peace and know she was loved by many.
And yet she felt so low.

I agree with everything you have said. I think that’s why it makes it so much harder to understand. If we feel like this over someone we didn’t know, imagine her poor family 💔😢

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She assaulted that “Male”. It is very sad that she took her own life however she, like anyone else, was not without fault. It does nobody any favours to gloss over the faults of the dead.
I’m not glossing over anything.
Yes it was an assault and she also was suffering witj mental health. But at her home wasn’t the bleedind from Caroline herself from self harm?
why would you think it’s okay to take photos of that of someone you love. I’m sorry but I don’t remember his name, he wanted the whole tit show to end because he then declared his love to her on instagram when it then escalated to the police because he phoned them and then regretted it.
why not phone her family?? Mom ?? Dad ?? Keep it private.

Reactions: 7
I agree with everything you have said. I think that’s why it makes it so much harder to understand. If we feel like this over someone we didn’t know, imagine her poor family 💔😢
Yes to this, her death has really got to me, and I really don’t understand it, I wasn’t a huge fan when she was alive, didn’t really watch anything she did, but she had such a spark and a light that at some point just seemed to go out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.