Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes to this, her death has really got to me, and I really don’t understand it, I wasn’t a huge fan when she was alive, didn’t really watch anything she did, but she had such a spark and a light that at some point just seemed to go out.
I was upset over Amy Winehouse but as awful as that was, sadly it was a long time coming, and expected. (I hate saying that)

I’m not sure if it’s because I personally relate to some traits getting out of hand after too much to drink (which is maybe a if Problem in itself) but maybe also the fact that she could’ve easily been one of my friends, and it’s only now that we know that she was suffering for many years.

Reactions: 8
Before anyone starts, I was never a CF fan, but if anyone had read her book (which I did out of curiosity of why someone would have taken their life) she was very insecure from an early age and being a twin didn’t help. Also every BF she had been with, cheated on her. I doubt that Caroline trusted anyone. Yes, she had her insecurities that manifested.. but who doesn’t when their trust is betrayed?
She shouldn’t have hit out.. she should have told him to hop it and fxck off.

Lewis is an absolute shite and will milk this in years to come, with a book or serialisation in the Sunday papers.

I feel sorry for Lottie, he’s a fame hungry leach.. any news is good news for him, hence the selfish display of staying with Lottie whilst this was going on for the two days. Zero respect for Caroline or her family.

Imagine ending your life for an utter twit like that.

She could have admitted it all and turned it around. No one deserves to lose their life.

We are here for a good time, not a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Before anyone starts, I was never a CF fan, but if anyone had read her book (which I did out of curiosity of why someone would have taken their life) she was very insecure from an early age and being a twin didn’t help. Also every BF she had been with, cheated on her. I doubt that Caroline trusted anyone. Yes, she had her insecurities that manifested.. but who doesn’t when their trust is betrayed?

Lewis is an absolute shite and will milk this in years to come, with a book or serialisation in the Sunday papers.

I feel sorry for Lottie, he’s a fame hungry leach.. any news is good news for him, hence the selfish display of staying with Lottie whilst this was going on for the two days. Zero respect for Caroline or her family.

She could have admitted it all and turned it around. No one deserves to lose their life.

This makes me so sad

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I might give that a read, I’m especially interested in the twin perspective. My husband is a twin and is really close to his brother so I think I subconsciously assume every set of twins enjoy the same type of relationship. Maybe that was one of the reasons she bonded with Olly Murs - I’m not saying Caroline and her sister has fallen out or didn’t get along but maybe there are expectations for twins to be a certain way and it was something they had in common.

I’ve read her book too and you’re right she was shockingly insecure for someone who seemed to have it all and the constant comparisons between her and her sister were sad, I think she definitely envied her sisters life of stability and normality even as teenagers.

I don’t like Lewis in the slightest, he was just another of those celeb hanger ons and I agree he will milk the limelight in years to come but I do find all the victim blaming really weird. Whether she was a serial abuser or not (and Im pretty sure this wasn’t the first drunken violent incident in her relationships) the fact remains that she still assaulted him, regardless of him not being the perfect victim.

I do find it very telling now ITV immediately suspended Caroline yet Ant Mcpartlin who is their pride of family tv crashes his car in to another family in a drug and drink haze and completely humiliated his wife has the full support of The corporation and is allowed to heal and rebuild his career with no judgement!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It angers me that this male she loved and trusted would leak a photo or take one in her HOME after a private argument that escalated
Domestic abuse is not a private argument. The attitude that these things should be kept behind closed doors, hushed up and not spoken of is a huge problem. Victims should never be expected to "keep it private" even at the risk of embarrassing the perpetrator.

It is disgusting that the photo was printed by the press, but he was within his rights to document what happened. Whoever leaked the photo is vile, but the press are responsible for buying and publishing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The boyfriend is vile, yes he shouldn't have been clouted with the phone, she should have just woken him up and told him to get out. However, he shouldn't have been cheating on her and shouldn't have sent that photo/s to other people in my opinion. I'm not surprised the family didn't want him at the funeral. In terms of what she did, it was a low level assault, it wasn't attempted murder or GBH etc.
He wont get anywhere regarding his search for fame and fortune either, this will be his 15 minutes and that's it. Caroline wouldn't have gone to prison for this either. I think obviously it was the final straw as she had been struggling it seems for ages with her mental health.
Losing a high profile career like this obviously is difficult, but she would have been able to do another line or work or live off her savings and investments for the rest of her life I'm sure. She will have easily have been a multi millionaire. Caroline would have got through it and that's the sad thing.

Reactions: 7

I’ve just posted on the celeb gossip thread (although he is in no way a celeb) that I reckon he’s going on I’m a celebrity or some sort of reality show. More likely celebs go dating or some other minus z lister crap. There’s been daily articles on him and Lottie on the daily mail and they tend to do that to drum up interest before they go on something. At the very least I reckon they’re setting up the pap shots. It is possible to stay out of the press. If this is the case then he is heartless.

Reactions: 5
The boyfriend is vile, yes he shouldn't have been clouted with the phone, she should have just woken him up and told him to get out. However, he shouldn't have been cheating on her and shouldn't have sent that photo/s to other people in my opinion. I'm not surprised the family didn't want him at the funeral. In terms of what she did, it was a low level assault, it wasn't attempted murder or GBH etc.
He wont get anywhere regarding his search for fame and fortune either, this will be his 15 minutes and that's it. Caroline wouldn't have gone to prison for this either. I think obviously it was the final straw as she had been struggling it seems for ages with her mental health.
Losing a high profile career like this obviously is difficult, but she would have been able to do another line or work or live off her savings and investments for the rest of her life I'm sure. She will have easily have been a multi millionaire. Caroline would have got through it and that's the sad thing.
But she didn’t get through it. It was too much for her to deal with. I’m not keen on comparisons between mental and physical health as it think it oversimplifies complex issues but I genuinely believe she was very very unwell and she died because she couldn’t carry on. Much in the same way someone who has a physical illness may die because their body can no longer sustain life; Caroline’s mental state could no longer sustain life.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
E
I’m in two minds about whether to post this because it is an insensitive and unkind thing to say about a grieving woman but...this is a place for honesty.

It’s crossed my mind that Caroline’s mum’s behaviour during the inquest, including the type of statements she has made, her disinclination to recognise accountability (on behalf of Caroline) for the crime and her infantilising of Caroline, may somewhat explain some of the mental health struggles Caroline experienced. That’s absolutely not to say she is to blame for what happened or is a terrible mother or anything of the sort. But both mother and daughter appear to have some histrionic traits. Having said that, I understand grief and the stress of the circumstances could easily make anyone behave out of character.

It may be because of a difference in the level of media coverage but I think usually the families of murder victims, for example, are reported to behave appropriately in court or during an inquest. If Caroline’s mum wanted answers from those she felt were to blame (and I totally understand seeking to place blame when you’re grieving) there are many formal and appropriate processes to allow her to seek those answers that don’t include berating a policewoman during her daughter’s inquest.
Wanted to say the same thing tbh.her mother seems to have the same tendencies as Caroline from what I have read and seen.
Think we are forgetting she was a person of
It breaks my heart knowing that Caroline had to end her own life to find peace.
It angers me that this male she loved and trusted would leak a photo or take one in her HOME after a private argument that escalated and used what she feared most was bad media to his advantage.

I’m a bit loopy with facts regarding the trial.
Caroline whenever I watched you on screen you was always a very beautiful lady.
I’m sorry the world was tough on you and you felt you could no longer fight your demons and the evil that is man made in this world!!!!!
Hope there are laws what can be posted by so called daily shite etc . I do believe the media attacked her in whatever she did.
To be an celebrity and be happy should not cost you your LIFE!
I hope you know you are dearly loved by all and will be missed x x x
My heart breaks for her friends and family.
The world is tit and hard on almost everyone! But most of us didn’t get the fame fortune and lifelstyle to go with it. I’ll say it again sad and shocking as her death was. She chose her life and career.Someone that earns her money via public can not expect to never take the rough with the smooth. If it really is as bad as some say make your money and leave the limelight?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I feel very split on this relationship, but I honestly think they could’ve avoided the press at the time of Caroline’s inquest. They clearly have managed until now, if the stories of them getting together in March are true.

It honestly baffles me

PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Burton and Lottie Tomlinson step out together
#
The press probably have had pictures of them for a while but because they weren't printed the the two of them may have thought they were safe but the papers waited until it was noteworthy. Or on the other hand, the two of them didn't call the paps until the picture was worth selling

Reactions: 2
I've never watched Love Island or anything she's presented (I'm more into documentaries) but she really seemed like the sort who had a real zest for life, the life and soul of any party or gathering. She seemed to have it all; a fabulous, globe trotting career, independant financially, good friends and a close family. She was very pretty and could wear a bin bag and still look gorgeous. Her smile was dazzling too.
It's just an absolute shame she felt the way she did, even though fans of hers clearly adored her. It's incredibly sad the way she passed away. She must have felt so much crippling pain mentally.
I hope one day her family find peace and know she was loved by many.
I think this goes to show that some of the most seemingly outgoing and loud people are actually hurting the most inside. I remember watching her on the Xtra factor. She had so much energy. And she seemed to build great chemistry with anyone she was interviewing. She had so many people around her and yet felt so alone. :(

• Sad
I’ve read her book too and you’re right she was shockingly insecure for someone who seemed to have it all and the constant comparisons between her and her sister were sad, I think she definitely envied her sisters life of stability and normality even as teenagers.

I don’t like Lewis in the slightest, he was just another of those celeb hanger ons and I agree he will milk the limelight in years to come but I do find all the victim blaming really weird. Whether she was a serial abuser or not (and Im pretty sure this wasn’t the first drunken violent incident in her relationships) the fact remains that she still assaulted him, regardless of him not being the perfect victim.

I do find it very telling now ITV immediately suspended Caroline yet Ant Mcpartlin who is their pride of family tv crashes his car in to another family in a drug and drink haze and completely humiliated his wife has the full support of The corporation and is allowed to heal and rebuild his career with no judgement!
You can compare Ant and Caroline’s situation at all - both very very different.

You can compare Ant and Caroline’s situation at all - both very very different.
I think they are comparable - the exact circumstances may be different but they both concern a TV star with issues with drink, drugs & mental health committing a crime while under the influence which could hurt other people and ruin their careers, the man was treated with kindness and had his job kept open and the woman was thrown under the bus. I didn’t particularly like Caroline and I’m not justifying her actions by any means, if anything I think she was right to be suspended while under criminal investigation but I believe the same should have happened to Ant.

Reactions: 22
I don’t in a million years think domestic abuse should be hidden or hushed hushed to save the perpetrator from embarrassment. Sorry don’t think i’m great with my words.
i know i shouldn’t rely on newspapers articles but continuously denies ever been assaulted by Caroline now. I think this was before her death.
Sorry i must of missed the bit when Caroline abused him for years in their 6 month relationship.

i just think he regrets handling the situation how he did. Thats all.
I think because how well known Caroline was it would of been difficult to go into a norm job. Everyone has feelings of embarrassment. Can you imagine the sun having a field day because shes working as a receptionist?

I might give that a read, I’m especially interested in the twin perspective. My husband is a twin and is really close to his brother so I think I subconsciously assume every set of twins enjoy the same type of relationship. Maybe that was one of the reasons she bonded with Olly Murs - I’m not saying Caroline and her sister has fallen out or didn’t get along but maybe there are expectations for twins to be a certain way and it was something they had in common.
I actually found it quite a sad read. Like reading through a teenagers diary, especially the way it was written.
Throughout the book she puts herself down a lot, comparing herself to Jody.

I guess with everything that she did achieve, she never felt she was good enough and had serious insecurities.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 4
But she didn’t get through it. It was too much for her to deal with. I’m not keen on comparisons between mental and physical health as it think it oversimplifies complex issues but I genuinely believe she was very very unwell and she died because she couldn’t carry on. Much in the same way someone who has a physical illness may die because their body can no longer sustain life; Caroline’s mental state could no longer sustain life.
I tend to agree with you on this. It's all very sad, but, it makes sense about how, sometimes, people's mental health is no longer able to sustain their lives.

Reactions: 3
Caroline’s mum won’t be thinking straight. It’s not even been 6 months since she died. I can’t speak for losing an adult child, but 4 years on from losing my 3 day old baby, I still live with the what ifs. I blamed everyone, and myself. Until recently, I woke every morning with those questions going over in my mind.
I am so sorry for your loss. This post broke my heart a little. I hope you are healing đź’“

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.