Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one can judge someone for acting the way they do at a time like that.
I know from my own experience at the hands of an abuser ( I'm not saying Caroline was) you dont really think you go into shock.
My ex partner strangled, kicked me and then split my forehead open by head butting me! But at the time i was more concerned about him as he said he was going to self harm. He had snapped my phone in half so i phoned his parents for some stupid reason as I used his phone.
We could all say we wish we did different, didnt phone someone etc but the truth is at times of panic we do just that.
I'm so sorry you went through that. You are right, when you've been through a traumatic experience it's all in the moment. So easy to look back with hindsight and see where things could've been handled differently but at the time we do what we can to survive.
I hope you are recovering well, and that you know none of this was your fault.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm so sorry you went through that. You are right, when you've been through a traumatic experience it's all in the moment. So easy to look back with hindsight and see where things could've been handled differently but at the time we do what we can to survive.
I hope you are recovering well, and that you know none of this was your fault.
Thank you it definitely is. In hindsight I know I should of left the first time he hurt me. But I never expected to be treated the way I was. Some times we stay with the wrong person because we feel we have to.
Thank you It's been a couple of years now .. I have had a lot of had counselling! But it makes you appreciate life.
Thankfully I didnt live my life in the media like Caroline. I do believe the media is partly accountable for what happened.
As nothing my ex done was made public knowledge etc. He was charged with ABH and quickly moved on with his life. For Caroline it would of been a shadow following her for the rest of her life because it was made public.

• Heart
I would also just comment on the hounded by the media part. Apparently Caroline had lots of media friends and would often give them stories and photos and she said herself she knew she had to promote herself in the media as it was part of her job. So I don't believe she was hounded by them, far from it, its just so commonplace now to point the finger of blame at them every time a known name comes to a tragic end.
Its not an either or situation, she might have given them snippets but she was definitely bullied and harassed by the papers/ wider media as well. Papers like the Sun and the Mail went to town on her.

Reactions: 7
Thank you it definitely is. In hindsight I know I should of left the first time he hurt me. But I never expected to be treated the way I was. Some times we stay with the wrong person because we feel we have to.
Thank you It's been a couple of years now .. I have had a lot of had counselling! But it makes you appreciate life.
Thankfully I didnt live my life in the media like Caroline. I do believe the media is partly accountable for what happened.
As nothing my ex done was made public knowledge etc. He was charged with ABH and quickly moved on with his life. For Caroline it would of been a shadow following her for the rest of her life because it was made public.
You’re very brave thank you for sharing, bless you! I’m glad you’re all ok!

I also think the media played a lot into her death, they should of never of named her, released photos of the flat etc. Innocent until proven guilty seems to be a thing of the past - wether she did it or not it was none of our business.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I also think the media played a lot into her death, they should of never of named her, released photos of the flat etc. Innocent until proven guilty seems to be a thing of the past - wether she did it or not it was none of our business.
You can’t run a proper, transparent justice system behind close doors and in secret. It also helps us as a society to know that those who are accused of breaking the law are dealt with justly. Unfortunately a by product of this is a prurient media but then we are all to blame to the extent that there is huge public interest when the rich and famous apparently fall from grace. Bad news sells and soaps like Eastenders do well because the public lap up the negatives in life.

Reactions: 4
First time poster. Like some have already said, CF’s suicide has moved me in a way I wouldn’t have expected. Not a particular fan but very saddened by the mess she got herself into and could see no way out of. From a browse of Lou Teasedales Insta I cant help thinking she surrounded herself with some people Who at least present themselves as vain and vapid. I think Lewis shared the bloody photograph on his Insta as well, saying it wasn’t his blood. This leads to the obvious conclusion of whose it was. Whatever his motive for doing so, giving it further amplification won’t have helped. I can’t help but wonder if she was continuing to maintain their relationship (albeit without contact) to try and keep him onside for the trial? Apologies if this is cynical but I’d put money on him selling his story soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Unfortunately for her she lived her life in the public eye. Made herself a very good living from it and reaped the rewards of all positive media/ public attention. If I on my measly salary, and with zero interest in putting myself out their in the public to make money, committed a crime I should and would expect to be named and shamed, lose my job etc. Many criminals get named publicly,and court listings are open to public. Many mere mortals would stand to lose their careers, family, lifesltyle and respect etc. Caroline lived by the sword and she new fully the consequences of what she did,and how it would be portrayed in the media. These celebrities can not expect to make livings via public/media when it suits them. They live a very privileged life, and are in many cases role models! is it so hard for them to expect to live a law abiding life one that does not involve partying drugs and alcohol misuse🤷‍♀️.Also she admitted she did it then lied, which is why she ended up in a worse position. IMO many celebrities are put on a pedestal, and treated differently to their own benefit in many scenarios.

Reactions: 16
First time poster. Like some have already said, CF’s suicide has moved me in a way I wouldn’t have expected. Not a particular fan but very saddened by the mess she got herself into and could see no way out of. From a browse of Lou Teasedales Insta I cant help thinking she surrounded herself with some people Who at least present themselves as vain and vapid. I think Lewis shared the bloody photograph on his Insta as well, saying it wasn’t his blood. This leads to the obvious conclusion of whose it was. Whatever his motive for doing so, giving it further amplification won’t have helped. I can’t help but wonder if she was continuing to maintain their relationship (albeit without contact) to try and keep him onside for the trial? Apologies if this is cynical but I’d put money on him selling his story soon.
I hope he gets turned down flat if he tries that.The guys a scumbag.

Reactions: 5
Feels a bit strange to have this thread dragged up again.... I find it all personally quite a triggering thread with some posters comments quite off hand about mental health, suicide, self harm and a family’s grief. Caroline was a real person who is sadly no longer with us to defend herself.
Before I leave this thread I just wanted to add that the photo that friend Lou put on the day of the funeral was not taken either at the cremation or following wake venue. You can clearly tell from the background of the image that they are not in either place where these two things were held.
The first time I saw the bloody photo was on Lewis’ Instagram stories, then it was reported in the papers.

Feels a bit strange to have this thread dragged up again.... I find it all personally quite a triggering thread with some posters comments quite off hand about mental health, suicide, self harm and a family’s grief. Caroline was a real person who is sadly no longer with us to defend herself.
Before I leave this thread I just wanted to add that the photo that friend Lou put on the day of the funeral was not taken either at the cremation or following wake venue. You can clearly tell from the background of the image that they are not in either place where these two things were held.
The first time I saw the bloody photo was on Lewis’ Instagram stories, then it was reported in the papers.
Pretty sure it was front page of The Sun first then Lewis posted about it because everyone was speculating about the blood.

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure it was front page of The Sun first then Lewis posted about it because everyone was speculating about the blood.
Sorry, I didn’t word it well - I was saying the way I personally first had seen it, with no warning or anything it came on his stories. As in his retaliation just reposted the photo to more people. Then the papers reported that he had mentioned it, thus rerunning the story.

Sorry, I didn’t word it well - I was saying the way I personally first had seen it, with no warning or anything it came on his stories. As in his retaliation just reposted the photo to more people. Then the papers reported that he had mentioned it, thus rerunning the story.
This is what I was getting at. She was apparently so angry with her two closest friends for calling the emergency services after she threatened suicide because she feared the media hearing about it. How much more damage did Lewis’ Insta story do, compared to that? I cannot see why he would have shared the image on social media, after it had been published in the sun. They must have been in contact in some way? But his sharing of that image and his caption only made her situation worse surely? That she was still apparently in love with him after he shared it, having sent the original image to an ex (maybe the one she thought he was cheating with?) speaks tragic volumes about her self worth.

Reactions: 9
BC767D38-F76C-491A-88E1-57A2BE180752.jpeg

I remember her posting this (from looking it up looks like it was posted the night before her plea in December when she took a minor overdose), I checked and she had unfollowed Lewis at this point which correlates with what her Mum says in regards to Caroline thinking he’d took the picture and sent it out to someone. The post was shortly deleted and she later followed him again and said she loved him etc

I remember at the start of December before the assault she accidentally posted a conversation she was having about Lewis with someone to her Insta story and it was deleted within a few minutes. She was arguing with this person saying you lot need to grow up like they were goading her. I took a screenshot as I thought it was odd - I think she was meant to send it to a friend but accidentally posted it on her story

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
View attachment 207950
I remember her posting this (from looking it up looks like it was posted the night before her plea in December when she took a minor overdose), I checked and she had unfollowed Lewis at this point which correlates with what her Mum says in regards to Caroline thinking he’d took the picture and sent it out to someone. The post was shortly delayed and she later followed him again and said she loved him etc

I remember at the start of December before the assault she accidentally posted a conversation she was having about Lewis with someone to her Insta story and it was deleted within a few minutes. She was arguing with this person saying you lot need to grow up like they were goading her. I took a screenshot as I thought it was odd - I think she was meant to send it to a friend but accidentally posted it on her story
Wow. Do you know who the friend was?

It’s all just really really sad and inevitable as by this point she seemed ill to the point of no return, I say to the point of no return because of who she surrounded herself with. I know people were trying to help her but this could have been avoided, she should not have ever been alone in a flat that ill. Personally I would have got her out somehow and called taken her to hospital myself to get her sectioned. Yes you would probably be deceiving her to get her there but needs must 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ Yes she would have possibly lost her career anyway but at the end she’d be alive, getting better and able to move on with her life. All that money and fame and people around yet nobody advised on how to handle a very unwell person? Mental illness is still so so misunderstood it’s crazy.

• Heart
It’s all just really really sad and inevitable as by this point she seemed ill to the point of no return, I say to the point of no return because of who she surrounded herself with. I know people were trying to help her but this could have been avoided, she should not have ever been alone in a flat that ill. Personally I would have got her out somehow and called taken her to hospital myself to get her sectioned. Yes you would probably be deceiving her to get her there but needs must 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ Yes she would have possibly lost her career anyway but at the end she’d be alive, getting better and able to move on with her life. All that money and fame and people around yet nobody advised on how to handle a very unwell person? Mental illness is still so so misunderstood it’s crazy.
thing is though you can’t just rock up at a hospital with someone and demand to have them sectioned. It doesn’t work like that. Her friends couldn’t have saved her from herself - it’s not their fault. It’s just a sad, tragic situation.

Reactions: 23
thing is though you can’t just rock up at a hospital with someone and demand to have them sectioned. It doesn’t work like that. Her friends couldn’t have saved her from herself - it’s not their fault. It’s just a sad, tragic situation.
I know.. I have actually done this with someone and experienced it a few times. It’s definitely not their fault. She just seemed unwell enough by this point to be sectioned, from what I have seen and read.

I agree, if the press had reported that Ant had smashed a lamp over Lisa while she slept,I doubt he would ever have worked in TV again....
So you think drunk driving a car that could kill or maim many people is better behaviour than throwing a phone at someone? He was covered in Caroline’s blood, not his own.

I am not condoning Caroline’s behaviour but proportionately Ant MacPartlin behaved in a much more dangerous fashion and could have caused multiple injuries or deaths.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.