Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There but for the grace of God go I.

Not trying to be sanctimonious, but I strongly suspect this type of outburst is very common during/after inquests. By their nature, inquests are about unexpected/unexplained deaths, so usually concerning suicide or similar. The families will be going through heightened emotions and anger/bitterness will almost certainly be at the forefront of their thoughts or motivations.

PC Harper's wife and family have indeed been very dignified. But I don't think it's very helpful or compassionate to make that as a 'like for like' comparison. The woman is going through a hell that none of us can (and hopefully ever will) contemplate. I agree with a lot of the observations you made about her and no parent is perfect. But a parent that has lost their child is a shell of a person.
There are people to blame and to be held accountable for the death of PC Harper.

I don't think it's a fair comparison at all.

Reactions: 11
People need to keep PC Harper’s name out of this. He was a brave and honourable man who died serving and protecting us all. This isn’t in any way a thread about him and he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned on a gossip website like this, I would hate for this to come up when people google him. Very bad taste imo. The murders who killed him deserved much longer than they got and the way they acted in and out of court is disgustingly inhuman. His wife did not demand anything, she wrote a heartfelt letter about her feelings surrounding him getting the justice he deserved and asked for the public to share in spreading the message, nearly all of whom were already happy to do so. Now she’s campaigning for a law in his name to protect our protectors which is wonderful. Don’t mention him on here. He was such a courageous officer and doesn’t need to be bought up in this discussion at all imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
People need to keep PC Harper’s name out of this. He was a brave and honourable man who died serving and protecting us all. This isn’t in any way a thread about him and he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned on a gossip website like this, I would hate for this to come up when people google him. Very bad taste imo. The murders who killed him deserved much longer than they got and the way they acted in and out of court is disgustingly inhuman. His wife did not demand anything, she wrote a heartfelt letter about her feelings surrounding him getting the justice he deserved and asked for the public to share in spreading the message, nearly all of whom were already happy to do so. Now she’s campaigning for a law in his name to protect our protectors which is wonderful. Don’t mention him on here. He was such a courageous officer and doesn’t need to be bought up in this discussion at all imo.
His wife wrote an open letter to the Prime Minster asking for a retrial.

I will leave it there and I have deleted my comment about the case, as it was off topic, but I have NEVER questioned PC Andrew Harper's dedication to his duty or his bravery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I am sorry for anyone who feels so bad that they think the only solution is to take their own life, but I never liked her, she gave off bullying vibes. She was also turning into a mutton dressed as lamb. I will crucified for this no doubt but there you are, thats how she came over to me, but RIP all the same.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm aware of the incident report.
Why do we have trials and inquests at all if we can just read a police report 😕
Right, but you said this..

and I'm just wondering where this came from when the inquest seems only to have referenced her whacking him over the head when he was asleep.
It doesn't but you're free to think what you like of course.

I am sorry for anyone who feels so bad that they think the only solution is to take their own life, but I never liked her, she gave off bullying vibes. She was also turning into a mutton dressed as lamb. I will crucified for this no doubt but there you are, thats how she came over to me, but RIP all the same.
No such thing as 'mutton dressed as lamb', only raging misogyny.

Ohhhh, so he is supposed to have told her "You're fucked" as in you're fucked up in the head. I misunderstood this and thought it was being suggested that he said you're fucked now, I'm going to report you for this.

Either way would be unpleasant to hear, let's be honest but the architect of these events was always Caroline. However embarrassing the fallout was, she set this in motion and looking for blame (although understandable) will bring no peace to her loved ones.
No, as in 'right, you're fucked now'. That's the context of it. Your interpretation would have him say, 'you're fucked up' or like you said, 'you're fucked in the head'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What exactly is mutton dressed as lamb? How can normal clothes be assigned into some sort of age category? I was going to say I thought she often looked nice and was going to leave it at that but then what does it bloody matter what I or anyone thinks about her clothing?

She never wore anything offensive so I genuinely don't know why it has any relevance seeing as unfortunately she's not been here to dress as mutton or lamb for 6 months now.

I honestly want to know what possesses someone to come onto a thread about a woman who has taken her own life and leave comments about bullying vibes and sexist comments about clothing. The woman's dead what do you think your comment could add to the discussion apart from making you look heartless?

So many questions

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So

So sorry for your loss. But did u publicly accuse anyone? Like Caroline’s mother has? There is blame which is a human response to grief etc, and then there’s what she did which is unfair spiteful and unacceptable. She has had a long time to reflect and consider what to say if anything. And she chose to hurt unnecessarily and for no just reason’ imo should not have been allowed to happen at all!

Maybe if she had of been treated as and expected to behave like the Middle Aged woman she actually was. she could of grown up and faced up to her demons. She had the means to any/every relevant source of help.She chose denial, and her mother seems exactly the same! If the fame was too much for her she could of easily walked away, but As it seems with so many of these bleeding heart celebs they are unable to survive without total adoration. Any thing they don’t want to hear however minor is now a trolling incident😡.

Caroline’s mum won’t be thinking straight. It’s not even been 6 months since she died. I can’t speak for losing an adult child, but 4 years on from losing my 3 day old baby, I still live with the what ifs. I blamed everyone, and myself. Until recently, I woke every morning with those questions going over in my mind. I don’t think her mum is wrong in what she is saying - even the coroner said the inspector seemed to be ‘splitting hairs’ and that Caroline had admitted responsibility. If it was the case that she was always going to be charged, then yes, but it seemed that there was a chance she would just receive a caution, which was what the cps originally wanted to go with and chances are, Caroline wouldn’t have completely lost everything and could have salvaged her career and reputation. I’m not saying that is right or wrong, she did assault LB - but she was also fragile and obviously vulnerable, and going to trial was, to Caroline’s mum and family, the thing which broke her and pushed her to take her life. Her mum will see that as the turn of events which decided her fate, and to be honest I am sure I would feel the same if I were her, and who is to know how we would react if faced with such a tragic situation. Losing a child makes you feel like your world has ended yet is still turning - you can’t comprehend how people are still going about their lives. And yes, Caroline was a grown woman, but to her mum she will always be her child.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I never really liked Caroline until she did Strictly and it changed my opinion of her. She came across well on it.

Reactions: 2
I dont think you can be too harsh on her Mum, your child is always your baby and that protective instinct never goes. This is with her family forever.

Caroline always reminded me of Paula Yates in that she was very invested in appearing girlish and also seemed to need to have a man to focus on. I quite liked both of them but always thought they wouldn’t grow old well.

Reactions: 17
The one thing I don’t understand in this whole thing is how and why it got to the point that she took her own life. If a person is that much a danger to themselves, then they are able to be sectioned for their own and others safety. It was widely reported that she refused to be taken to hospital when she had attempted to/threatened to take her own life. As much as she was concerned about her public image, I think we can all agree that she would have received support and empathy if it was in the news that she was suicidal and had had gone into a mental healthcare facility. It really is such a sad situation. Whether she was guilty of abuse or not, she was still a human being who deserved the help she was clearly crying out for.

Reactions: 15
head comment

Reactions: 26
Caroline’s mum won’t be thinking straight. It’s not even been 6 months since she died. I can’t speak for losing an adult child, but 4 years on from losing my 3 day old baby, I still live with the what ifs. I blamed everyone, and myself. Until recently, I woke every morning with those questions going over in my mind.
I am so sorry for your loss 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Caroline’s mum won’t be thinking straight. It’s not even been 6 months since she died. I can’t speak for losing an adult child, but 4 years on from losing my 3 day old baby, I still live with the what ifs. I blamed everyone, and myself. Until recently, I woke every morning with those questions going over in my mind. I don’t think her mum is wrong in what she is saying - even the coroner said the inspector seemed to be ‘splitting hairs’ and that Caroline had admitted responsibility. If it was the case that she was always going to be charged, then yes, but it seemed that there was a chance she would just receive a caution, which was what the cps originally wanted to go with and chances are, Caroline wouldn’t have completely lost everything and could have salvaged her career and reputation. I’m not saying that is right or wrong, she did assault LB - but she was also fragile and obviously vulnerable, and going to trial was, to Caroline’s mum and family, the thing which broke her and pushed her to take her life. Her mum will see that as the turn of events which decided her fate, and to be honest I am sure I would feel the same if I were her, and who is to know how we would react if faced with such a tragic situation. Losing a child makes you feel like your world has ended yet is still turning - you can’t comprehend how people are still going about their lives. And yes, Caroline was a grown woman, but to her mum she will always be her child.
So sorry to hear this. ♥

• Heart
The one thing I don’t understand in this whole thing is how and why it got to the point that she took her own life. If a person is that much a danger to themselves, then they are able to be sectioned for their own and others safety. It was widely reported that she refused to be taken to hospital when she had attempted to/threatened to take her own life. As much as she was concerned about her public image, I think we can all agree that she would have received support and empathy if it was in the news that she was suicidal and had had gone into a mental healthcare facility. It really is such a sad situation. Whether she was guilty of abuse or not, she was still a human being who deserved the help she was clearly crying out for.
In theory yes theres sections, but its really hard to get someone sectioned. In a previous job I've been with people who were suicidal to A and E and every single time they just let them go with a promise of the Community Mental Health Team doing a visit the next day. These people were in a bad way, the NHS just dont have the capacity to be having everyone whos suicidal on a section and in hospital.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Sectioning is easier said than done. I’ve known of a case where someone seriously attempted suicide and was very clear in their intention of repeating it but was discharged the following morning with a ‘safety plan’ and a promise to call their GP. Not knocking services but they are incredibly limited.

Reactions: 12
At least I am not an abusive head
Your comment was pointless @Eirawen, there was no place for it on the thread. There’s threads on about a 100 people on this site I don’t particularly like but I don’t feel the need to jump on and slag them off - especially if they’re dead

Reactions: 11
Was her dad involved at all? I think I remember reading that it was him that found her, but then this was changed at the inquest. But no mention of him at all, just mum and sister?
It was Lou Teasdale’s Dad that found her. Her sister couldn’t get in and phoned them as he knew the landlady so could get spare keys. He then went in, found her and got her down. Her sister and friend (I’m assuming Lou) then tried CPR. All this is according to reports from the inquest but you’re right it was reported at the time that it was her Dad.

• Sad
Sectioning is easier said than done. I’ve known of a case where someone seriously attempted suicide and was very clear in their intention of repeating it but was discharged the following morning with a ‘safety plan’ and a promise to call their GP. Not knocking services but they are incredibly limited.
I have a friend who has suffered on and off with depression for over forty years. She is currently suffering badly, and can only manage to think, and, or plan five minutes ahead. Over the years she has been admitted to hospital on about 3 occasions, much to her relief, as she feels safe there.

Sometimes her depression is so bad that she worries that she will never come out of it, and, in the past she has taken overdoses a couple of times and looked at other ways of killing herself.

At the moment, she desperately wants to be in hospital, but unfortunately, these days that is not an option where she lives anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I have a friend who has suffered on and off with depression for over forty years. She is currently suffering badly, and can only manage to think, and, or plan five minutes ahead. Over the years she has been admitted to hospital on about 3 occasions, much to her relief, as she feels safe there.

Sometimes her depression is so bad that she worries that she will never come out of it, and, in the past she has taken overdoses a couple of times and looked at other ways of killing herself.

At the moment, she desperately wants to be in hospital, but unfortunately, these days that is not an option where she lives anymore.
Part of the NHS Long Term Plan is moving services like mental health services from acute settings (hospitals) to community-based services so it will eventually be nationwide.

Reactions: 2
Part of the NHS Long Term Plan is moving services like mental health services from acute settings (hospitals) to community-based services so it will eventually be nationwide.
Yes, that's very true.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.