Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄
She hadn’t been found guilty so we don’t know that she DID anything.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
She hadn’t been found guilty so we don’t know that she DID anything.
If you carried on reading you’d see someone else said this and I replied:

“No sorry, you’re right that was the wrong wording. I suppose what I meant was people were commenting on a situation she created herself? i.e the violence when she was arrested (in the police station) and reports that she admitted her actions when the police arrived. But no, in the eyes of the law she hadn’t been found guilty.”

Reactions: 3
It’s terrible no matter what she did, who she was, deciding to end your own life is heart breaking.

Reactions: 18
I feel for her family, the ones left beind to pick up the pieces. But I'm not on board with this near canonisation of her just because she killed herself. I'm sure this has all been said but if the roles were flipped and a man awaiting trial for domestic violence had done the same, surely there would not be the same outpouring of grief? I'm not a heartless person but she was in the public eye, obviously her ups and downs in life are going to wind up being common knowledge. It irks me because the double standard is shocking. I live in a place that has near epidemic rates of suicide, especially in young people. The posts from people I know are an outcry to the media, that they've caused this. Unfortunately, whilst the headlines could be quite garish, often tacky the media were doing their job. They reported on a person in the public eye, awaiting trial for an assault. This wasn't a "witch hunt" and whilst is has no bearing on your or mine's lives (I'm sure little to none of us reading her actually knew her personally) all these "thoughts and prayers" need to be sent to her family. The ones who will be left tortured by this.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
This says it all really. I don’t know much about Caroline but from reading this thread she seemed like a very flawed person, but she didn’t deserve to be hounded by the media like that. She deserved to be judged by the law and served with an appropriate punishment for what she’d done if found guilty - not this awful show trial by the press. And of course she deserved support against this while she was alive. This outpouring isn’t helpful at all (to Caroline at least) now. The social media vultures are too lazy and selfish to reach out to someone who was clearly seriously struggling, but they’ll put up sad posts and preach about mental health when it’s too late

Someone has died as a result of this situation. They’re dead, that’s it, they’re never coming back. Caroline deserves more than faux emotional posts about her to bring in the likes only to be forgotten next week in the latest flood of #spon #ad #gifted posts. I hope something is done about the media’s actions

It's so sad to hear about the death of Caroline Flack. But what is really pissing me off is everyone sharing the sad pictures and making big declarations of 'be kind' and spouting all the rubbish. I'm sat there reading some and I'm thinking no Lyndsey, you will continue not to smile at or say hello to people, you will still never ask or take a genuine interest in how people are. You will continue to complain about small and petty things that triggers people anxiety. You will continue to be a hypocrite and jumping on the band wagon wont change that. It is incredibly sad but lots of people contribute to peoples anxiety and depression everyday and they dont care, a famous person commits suicide and they are so so sorry but with no thought for how they make people feel daily. Lyndsey you will continue to be a witch, so will everyone else I know who is spouting 'be kind'.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I can safely say I have never hurt someone like this. Never has it occurred to me to bash my bf over the head with a lamp WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP and I was snooping through his phone. I am sorry she was so fearful of being convicted that this seemed a better option. She hadnt been fired from her job, and was going back for the next series. She did have mental health issues, and should have been seeing someone for help definitely. But it wasnt ITV’s responsibility to make sure she was fine. It was something occurring outside of their jurisdiction.
However, I am very shocked and saddened she died needlessly, make no mistake.
Didn't realise so many people were there on the night of the incident as reliable witnesses.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I don't know about that. When Steph Davis and that Irish guy Jeremy Mc Connell were in a mutually abusive relationship he got ripped to shreds across social media for months on end while Steph got all the sympathy and got her old job back as well. A job she'd been sacked from for ... stuff. It didn't matter that he had witnesses who'd seen and heard him being abused, she had some bruises and he's a big guy so it all fell on him and Steph got a pass for her part in it. He had a fractured jaw and eye damage from being beaten with a bed leg while asleep. Police had to haul Steph off to jail where she spent the night while McConnell went straight to the airport and home to Dublin to have his face sorted out in his local hospital. The pictures of his injuries were horrific. Later she filed charges and he was punished legally. Steph, nothing but more sympathy. The point I'm making is that Steph got a free pass because she's tiny and he's big, but that's not right. Abusers come in all shapes and sizes.
To highlight how wrong that all turned out, Steph is still very troubled and has had to take leave from Hollyoaks to sort herself out yet again, while Jeremy has got clean and is in a stable relationship. He lives with the solicitor lady who handled his case in a stunning home in the country and is a partner in a thriving men's grooming business (I think). So Steph getting all the sympathy didn't help her in battling her demons. McConnell faced his down and beat them.
As for Caroline, what a waste. So sorry for her family dealing with this. :(
I don't know about that. When Steph Davis and that Irish guy Jeremy Mc Connell were in a mutually abusive relationship he got ripped to shreds across social media for months on end while Steph got all the sympathy and got her old job back as well. A job she'd been sacked from for ... stuff. It didn't matter that he had witnesses who'd seen and heard him being abused, she had some bruises and he's a big guy so it all fell on him and Steph got a pass for her part in it. He had a fractured jaw and eye damage from being beaten with a bed leg while asleep. Police had to haul Steph off to jail where she spent the night while McConnell went straight to the airport and home to Dublin to have his face sorted out in his local hospital. The pictures of his injuries were horrific. Later she filed charges and he was punished legally. Steph, nothing but more sympathy. The point I'm making is that Steph got a free pass because she's tiny and he's big, but that's not right. Abusers come in all shapes and sizes.
To highlight how wrong that all turned out, Steph is still very troubled and has had to take leave from Hollyoaks to sort herself out yet again, while Jeremy has got clean and is in a stable relationship. He lives with the solicitor lady who handled his case in a stunning home in the country and is a partner in a thriving men's grooming business (I think). So Steph getting all the sympathy didn't help her in battling her demons. McConnell faced his down and beat them.
As for Caroline, what a waste. So sorry for her family dealing with this. :(
YES 👌🏼 I’m sorry but she can absolutely piss off. She’s THE FIRST to do interview and sell her story! How many times has she Been in the papers after coming back from every episode she’d had. The tabloids are ok when it suits her and making her a quick quid. She is another, very troubled girl and something isn’t working out for her either like you say, Jeremy has turned him self around, Ant took the year out and come back a better person. Caroline can’t of thought that much of Steph because she doesn’t follow her on Instagram or anything. She says about jumping on the band wagon...
I think Caroline had some very deep rooted problems and I always felt she had a longing to be loved. Always with young guys who were clearly all idiots and probably only with her to give their own careers a boost.
I can’t imagine how utterly devastated her family are and how much of a desperately sad situation this is but I think a lot of people have a equal part to play in this.

• Heart
I had heard about what she was accused of, but I don’t really read the Daily Mail or The Sun etc. so I hadn’t heard all the sort of gossip about it.

As a result of this thread I have now seen that there is a photo of the bedroom that had been published, and someone also mentioned that the call to the police was out there to be listened to - just wondering, is it normal for these pieces of evidence to be out in the public domain like that, especially prior to a trial?

Reactions: 5
Not sticking up for Ant but he had to step down from his presenting roles whilst he went to rehab and went through court proceedings, and Caroline Flack had to step down from this series of Love Island too, she wasn’t sacked
People are dramatising everything like always
👌🏼 Spot on

Reactions: 9
May I add to those saying “she was drunk” “it was a one off” to the abuse, that she had a NDA for her former fiancé Andrew Brady and he also hinted she abused him!!!!! She was NOT a saint

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m finding the hypocrisy regarding CF’s alleged crime and the way many are saying ‘if this was a man....’ to be erm, amusing. Google Paul Gascoigne- the first descriptive word that comes up in my search box is ‘legend’, not wife beater, but legend.

Reactions: 22
This all seems too soon. No one knows the reasons why poor Caroline did this. Far too soon to make it all about yourself.
It is deeply uncomfortable reading on Twitter now - I'm avoiding it. I am no fan at all of David Walliams but omg - holding him responsible for making a stupid tasteless joke is troubling. And it also seems like people are wildly pointing the finger everywhere with their own agenda - the media, SM, the CPS, certain individuals, are all to blame.
I might be getting him confused with someone else, but doesn't he xorbdidntbje, also struggle with his own mental health?

I'm just astounded at the amount of people trolling the people who they believed were trolling Caroline and responsible for her death and thinking that this is OK?!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It was assault by beating.

What were they meant to do? "Oh petal, we'll drop it all because you're feeling a bit sad #bekind"

🙄
But no one really knows the truth. It’s all just “sources said” which anyone who works in the press knows, that’s just a filler so it looks like they’ve spoken to someone when really they haven’t. I’m by no means condoning abusive and violent behaviour however, none of us were present so it’s innocent until proven guilty in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm probably going to get a ton of hate for this but here goes.

All over Facebook/Instagram etc are people saying "be kind" & writing tributes to her. They are slating the media, trolls & even the CPS. They are saying she didn't deserve any of the negative stories about her recently.

Has everyone forgotten what she has been charged with? How would you feel if that was your son or daughter who had been the victim of domestic abuse? It's a very sad story & I feel for her family but no one knew what she was thinking or feeling. The blame shouldn't solely be on others. She needed to shoulder the responsibility of her actions. If it was a man, she wouldn't get off so lightly. To blame the CPS is disgusting. The obviously know a lot more about what has gone on than any one of us.

And before anyone slates me, I suffer with severe depression, have been suicidal, have been in an abusive relationship & have lost friends to suicide. Things aren't always black & white but let's not make out she was a saint
Dont feel you have to explain yourself. Your opinion is your opinion. People should express their feelings more. Good or bad.

Reactions: 11
For those saying about the domestic abuse, yes if what happened that’s terrible and she would have faced some kind of punishment. BUT as usual it was a trial by media which is not justice. It is not what any of us would face if we committed a crime.
I just really think they need to be reined in again. Whether you like her or not. She was a person with feelings who was being kicked ally by the media when she was already on her knees

Domestic abuse is obviously absolutely unacceptable for either sex. But we don’t know what happened, it could have been a drunken argument where no one was meant to get hurt.
I have never been a Caroline flack fan but as someone who has suffered From severe depression I cannot fathom what it must be like for national news Papers etc to write how they did about her.
And this is what I've been thinking about.

It would have been a high profile case, simply because it was Caroline Flack. How was she ever going to get a fair trial after the press had already reached their own conclusions and were publishing "facts" of the case already.

There's a thing on Instagram #carolineslaw and a petition to prevent the media from publishing names of celebs due in court or charges against them until its been to court and a decision made to prevent trolling and abuse of the person in question.

• Angry
Reactions: 7

It would have been a high profile case, simply because it was Caroline Flack. How was she ever going to get a fair trial after the press had already reached their own conclusions and were publishing "facts" of the case already.

There's a thing on Instagram #carolineslaw and a petition to prevent the media from publishing names of celebs due in court or charges against them until its been to court and a decision made to prevent trolling and abuse of the person in question.
My understanding was it would be in the magistrates court so not in front of a jury who'd potentially be more swayed by the press.

The counter argument to names being kept out of the press is it stops anyone else coming forward - which I believe they did in the cases of Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The world and their wife posting about this.

Former PT’s sister posting a video for views and attention. So, so insincere.
Exactly, all those celeb friends frantically trawling for pics of caroline,but checking the photo to make sure they look the best.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

I agree with Caroline’s law. Nobody should have their name reported until they have been found guilty & possibly until they have exhausted the appeals process.
Let the rags find another way of paying the bills.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.