Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about this all evening. While there can be double standards when a woman is the alleged abuser and that was definetely the case among the wider pubic when Caroline flacks story broke, I think it also became an overstated issue. Most people did accept it was wrong.

But something else happens when a woman is accused of something like this - the amount of specific social media trolling they get is astronomical. It’s like a hunting call to the ‘anti pc’ keyboard warriors. The people who deride ‘snowflakes’ but are themselves immediately triggered if they even see words like “racism” or “sexism.”

They were escatic about the “#vindication of Johnny depp” last week when recordings implied amber heard could be violent with him too. These people never expressed concern for amber heard over her origianl abuse accusations. Same with the fake racist attack by Jussie smollett. They couldn’t get enough of that story, but the uncountable daily stories of real racist attacks, even the most high profile, are always ignored or played down.

Caroline flack fit this mould. “Woman can be just as violent as men. The patriarchy is made up by femi nazis and doesn’t exist” etc Conveniently these people are some of the most organised online, they are the same general group that drove those Star Wars and ghostbusters actresses from twitter.
I bet they were trolling her like crazy. People who’ve never heard of her or love island would have been directed her way by certain sites and YouTube videos. The internet is a very powerful and dangerous place these days. If it can get Donald trump elected, it can for sure troll a single user with so much hate they break.

I’m not at all saying that’s all there was to it. Not remotely. And there’s definitely always going to be lots we don’t know. I just think this particular online phenomenon of using the statistically unlikely to disprove structural bigotry, and the hate that comes with it , needs some recognition.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s very sad and she was obviously in a bad place. If you look at her last Instagram post she looks like she’s under the influence of something. I wished she had got help but I hate that people are going to use her death to say that the Police shouldn’t proceed with convictions when the victims withdraw their statements. Domestic violence is so dangerous and action needs to be taken whether the victim supports it or not.
DV is a victimless crime - they don’t need the support of the victim and although what’s happened is absolutely tragic i don’t agree that the cps were in the wrong. I work in criminal law and the amount of normal vulnerable people that are charged daily is huge but you don’t see the cps get bad press then because these people have committed suicide. Why because she’s a celeb should she be treat any differently?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She has been on my mind all evening for many reasons.
What makes me mad is seeing those who couldn't give a duck about anyone with mental health issues in the past, are now asking everyone to be kind and that they're there if anyone needs a chat. Wish they would duck off instead of touting for likes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Why because she’s a celeb should she be treat any differently?
Well, according to this criminal barrister, she was being treated differently:

A summary
If this were a normal case and Flack was an “ordinary” member of the public, this would be a two-hour trial in which the CPS would begrudgingly offer no evidence at 10:30am on the day of trial. However, this is not the case.

The matter has been listed for a day and a half. The court is clearly anticipating a substantial amount of legal argument. There will no doubt be lengthy representations provided to the CPS as to the prospects of success and the public interest in proceeding. Unfortunately for Flack, the domestic violence policy of the CPS has been updated and tightened over the past 18 months. This matter is unlikely to go away quietly.

There will be a number of pre-trial legal arguments. If the defence are not successful, we can most probably expect Flack to take a trip to the High Court — appealing a decision on either res gestaeor Section 78 by way of case stated. I, for one, will be surprised if this case finishes in March 2020.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Wow, so insensitive and distasteful making it all about themselves and their own agendas within a few hours of her death being known... seriously honour the woman as a human being if you want and feel sad about her passing. But don’t capitalise on her suicide before the earth has even turned by making her a poster child for your own crusade. That’s bleeping despicable.

Reactions: 19
Jameela just posted this petition

This all seems too soon. No one knows the reasons why poor Caroline did this. Far too soon to make it all about yourself.
It is deeply uncomfortable reading on Twitter now - I'm avoiding it. I am no fan at all of David Walliams but omg - holding him responsible for making a stupid tasteless joke is troubling. And it also seems like people are wildly pointing the finger everywhere with their own agenda - the media, SM, the CPS, certain individuals, are all to blame.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just watched and yes it does seem pretty obvious she’s drinking. It really p**sses me off when a celeb does a dramatic outing of themselves as an alcoholic and then continues drinking like its NBD. Terrible influence
really off topic but you don’t know she is drinking alcohol I’m in recovery and when I’m out I ask for a “gin and tonic without the gin” aka tonic with fruit in in a gin glass. That could be what she is having.

Reactions: 3
People need to stop debating over the Caroline Flack news - i heard someone say "you can't simplify what isn't simple" how true. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes, you can agree what she did to her boyfriend if true was horrible. Yet you can still be sad that she felt this was the only way out. Even now, the trolls and nasty people are still out bashing her - if you think she was a bad person for what she did try to be a better person yourself. And that certainly doesn't include making jokes and nasty comments about someone who has just taken their own life.

Haven't you ever hurt someone?
With your words? Or ever been in a fight?
With a friend, family or even someone you were in a relationship with.
How do you feel now when you've done what you regret?
Ashamed? Guilty? Wishing it was something you could forgive yourself for it but you can't?
Now imagine that thing you done being spoken about by millions all over the country.
How would you feel?
Isn't there a moment in your life you'd do absolutely anything to take back?

How it must feel to be so perfect. No one is condoning violent behaviour and if she did do what has been reported it should have been dealt with accordingly without the disgusting headlines, people hounding her and her family then perhaps then this wouldn't have happened. We will never know. Just be kind.
I can safely say I have never hurt someone like this. Never has it occurred to me to bash my bf over the head with a lamp WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP and I was snooping through his phone. I am sorry she was so fearful of being convicted that this seemed a better option. She hadnt been fired from her job, and was going back for the next series. She did have mental health issues, and should have been seeing someone for help definitely. But it wasnt ITV’s responsibility to make sure she was fine. It was something occurring outside of their jurisdiction.
However, I am very shocked and saddened she died needlessly, make no mistake.

• Heart
duck off, Jameela. Always having to insert herself into something. Now is not the time. What if Caroline's family do not want this? Has anyone reached out to them? Prob not.
I know. So bloody tone deaf. I am no expert but I think the British press is incredibly heavily regulated already - the government won't waste time looking into it any further unless lines have been crossed (no idea if they have tbh). Vanity project for JJ.

Reactions: 20
I know. So bloody tone deaf. I am no expert but I think the British press is incredibly heavily regulated already - the government won't waste time looking into it any further unless lines have been crossed (no idea if they have tbh). Vanity project for JJ.
She is disgusting. Have you read the thread about her? Such a vulture preying on people.

Reactions: 11
Really hope Love Island is cancelled for good now, can’t stand that awful piece of crap, it’s sets a mindless sexist bad example to young girls. I was delighted when that vile Jeremy Kyle was cancelled and I will be if LI is cancelled too. It was great when they got rid of Big Brother & Kyle so LI needs to be next. Oh and I would dearly love to see The Scum cancelled too, another tit stained piece of toilet paper, I was delighted when the News of the World folded, but The Scum is like a massive turd that just won’t flush.
Don’t Buy The Scum!

• Heart
For those saying about the domestic abuse, yes if what happened that’s terrible and she would have faced some kind of punishment. BUT as usual it was a trial by media which is not justice. It is not what any of us would face if we committed a crime.
I just really think they need to be reined in again. Whether you like her or not. She was a person with feelings who was being kicked ally by the media when she was already on her knees

Domestic abuse is obviously absolutely unacceptable for either sex. But we don’t know what happened, it could have been a drunken argument where no one was meant to get hurt.
I have never been a Caroline flack fan but as someone who has suffered From severe depression I cannot fathom what it must be like for national news Papers etc to write how they did about her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
She wasnt even fired from her job! She was going back for the next series. But you dont just away with attacking someone ! The paramedics said blood was everywhere. And she was in his phone spying. She may have been sweet, but really unhinged possibly, too. Its sad, and she probably knew she would go to jail as she had attacked him.
Honestly you should read this thread because you clearly haven't... We're all talking about innocent until proven guilty and you are here jumping in shouting about stuff when their is no proof. It never went to court.. Therfore no facts were released

Unless you were on the scene or there in person you don't know

And Reading multiple articles and news papers doesn't make you any more knowledgable than the rest of us

A life was lost regardless of what facts you know or don't know..

• Angry
Reactions: 14
In the statement released by the family solicitor I think, it said she had received the news just hours before killing herself that the trial would be going ahead.

Which again makes me think what was coming out?
my thoughts exactly

• Sad
Reactions: 18
@Doc yes it’s making me feel quite uncomfortable. All the poor old ‘influencers’ posting about it.

The amount of people who are spinning this to their own agenda is making me stay off Twitter and insta.

cant they wait until the lass is cold before politicising it?

Reactions: 4
My heart goes out to the people that loved her. I hope they can all come to terms with this in time.

I have no opinion of Caroline, I’ve never watched a show she’s been on nor followed her in the media, however whether people feel that a persons situation is their own doing I do find it sad that a person can feel this is their only way out.

Reactions: 9
Honestly you should read this thread because you clearly haven't... We're all talking about innocent until proven guilty and you are here jumping in shouting about stuff when their is no proof. It never went to court.. Therfore no facts were released

Unless you were on the scene or there in person you don't know

And Reading multiple articles and news papers doesn't make you any more knowledgable than the rest of us

A life was lost regardless of what facts you know or don't know..
Did you see the pics of the bedroom with all the blood? It was even on the front door ffs. No matter how you want to spin that narrative, something happened there that shouldn’t have. He called the police on her. Yes, it is sad she died, but you can’t rewrite what actually happened to make her the victim of that incident. We do know what happened -we saw the pics and heard the call.
She was fearful of going to jail, because that was the evidence that would be presented. which is reasonable. And she possibly would have done some jail time, but her life wouldn’t have been over.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.