Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My understanding was it would be in the magistrates court so not in front of a jury who'd potentially be more swayed by the press.

The counter argument to names being kept out of the press is it stops anyone else coming forward - which I believe they did in the cases of Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris?
Aahh OK, yes that makes sense re the Court.

And of course about other victims coming forward.

I honestly don't know what the right move would be but something does need to be done. Especially when trashy newspapers don't just report it once, they drag it on and don't stick to basic facts.

I agree with Caroline’s law. Nobody should have their name reported until they have been found guilty & possibly until they have exhausted the appeals process.
Let the rags find another way of paying the bills.
This is what I think then someone has just offered another view point that if people weren't named then other victims may not come forward which could strengthen the case against them (they used Rolf Harris as an example of this)

Reactions: 5
Interesting that her management seem to be pointing the finger at the CPS. Saying it was a pointless trial which put her under huge stress. Are the instagrammers going to post about this potential contributor to her mental health? If they really care. Surely they’ll all post about the court case..
This has always been the issue. Even her boyfriend didn't want to peruse the case as he said it wasnt as back and white as the CPS made out..reading between the lines it was obviously a very tempestuous relationship.

I've just listened to BBC 6 music 8.30am newslot and the top story had a spokesperson blaming the online trolls CM had to endure. Here we go folks......

Reactions: 2
I liked Caroline Flack and was flabbergasted to hear this news yesterday. Yes she had received negative press but we do not know the inner demons she was fighting. The media could have exacerbated her mental health but I think it's unfair to soley say that the press killed her. She was awaiting trial for assault, she had done wrong. By no means was she a bad person but if you commit a crime you have to face the consequences, which she clearly couldn't face. Makes me wonder, given the comments of her ex boyfriend, whether there was more to it that would have possibly come out at the trial? I read her autobiography years ago and the consesous I got from reading it was that she was mentally fragile and her relationships were rocky. Regardless, I hope she is now at peace.

Reactions: 15
After reading all the tweets and Instagram posts It’s so sad that someone can have so many “friends” yet be so alone !
I’m also wondering how many hours it will be before the #bekind is replaced with #gifted or swipe up ?

Reactions: 33
All her celebrity friends banging on about how amazing she was and how they're going to miss her....... Why the duck didn't you check in on her, drop her a text to say hi or a call to say 'are you OK? Do you need to talk about it?' or drop in on her and have a coffee or something!? If you were that much of a friend you would have made sure she was OK every step of the way through this trial she was heading into.
How do you know they didn’t? She had a friend staying with her at the time, popped out to the shop and when she returned Caroline had done what she did. You can’t control someone’s actions and emotions so I think it’s unfair for people to insinuate that her friends weren’t trying to support her. Unless you’re in someone’s life 24/7 you don’t know what happens!

In the eyes of most people here it seems, yes!

I don’t know the details of what happened but hearing people talk about “domestic abuse” “brutally beaten” etc it makes her sound like she was kicking the tit of the guy all the time as part of her daily routine.

If it’s true her fella had an affair, she self harmed then threw a lamp at him then some of the comments on here are very sad (and quite scary) if you ask me.

There’s a big difference between calculated brutal attacks & domestic abuse over throwing something at someone as a one off when she was severely depressed and needed mental help.

Abuse (by its very definition) is about being in control and abusing your position/power over someone whether that be mentally, physically or both. She was clearly not in control of even her own self let alone someone else!
Finally someone speaking sense!

• Angry
Reactions: 21
All her celebrity friends banging on about how amazing she was and how they're going to miss her....... Why the duck didn't you check in on her, drop her a text to say hi or a call to say 'are you OK? Do you need to talk about it?' or drop in on her and have a coffee or something!? If you were that much of a friend you would have made sure she was OK every step of the way through this trial she was heading into.
How do you know that they didn’t?? Unless you are in her circle how do you know what her friends did and didn’t do? Her friends could well have been checking in on her but she could have been giving the impression she was fine. People have to let you in in order to help them. It has been reported that a friend was staying with her and she had nipped to the shops when it happened. You can’t be with someone 24/7.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
After reading all the tweets and Instagram posts It’s so sad that someone can have so many “friends” yet be so alone !
I’m also wondering how many hours it will be before the #bekind is replaced with #gifted or swipe up ?
It's all very performative. I'm not saying I'm a perfect or even a very good person but when I know I can help someone with something it's always done privately between me and that person and I never put anything on social media about it. I do what I can for those I care about.

What I see from "friends" is a lot of posturing on social media. Share the "be kind" memes and say "my inbox is always open". That places all the pressure on the person in question to seek help - that's if they have enough insight to know they need help, or are not so troubled that they think they're not worthy of help. Real help would be for those closest to Caroline to actually be there physically with her to support her. It sounds like someone was as they were staying with her and she took the opportunity while they went to the shops.

So, in short, those online messages of support do nothing other than ease the egos of the people posting them.

I've been thinking a lot recently about deleting social media as I think we'll look back on this era with horror. That way I can devote my time to those few friends I can truly be around for and let the bigger aspects of the so-called "community" go.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How do you know that they didn’t?? Unless you are in her circle how do you know what her friends did and didn’t do?
I think people are taking about the likes of Holly Willoughby and and other showbiz friends that are posting photos of themselves with Caroline. When you know if they were in contact with her and helping her they wouldn't miss the opportunity to state this.

Reactions: 9
It's so sad to hear about the death of Caroline Flack. But what is really pissing me off is everyone sharing the sad pictures and making big declarations of 'be kind' and spouting all the rubbish. I'm sat there reading some and I'm thinking no Lyndsey, you will continue not to smile at or say hello to people, you will still never ask or take a genuine interest in how people are. You will continue to complain about small and petty things that triggers people anxiety. You will continue to be a hypocrite and jumping on the band wagon wont change that. It is incredibly sad but lots of people contribute to peoples anxiety and depression everyday and they dont care, a famous person commits suicide and they are so so sorry but with no thought for how they make people feel daily. Lyndsey you will continue to be a witch, so will everyone else I know who is spouting 'be kind'.
Yes!!!! I saw a post yesterday about being kind from the girl that tried to split my friend and husbands relationship up. Home wrecker tendencies yet you be kind Susan 🤦🏼‍♀️

Olly Murs has paid a loving tribute.
Lewis has posted as well. I hope someone has a close eye on him because we’ve seen this play out before when Sophie Gradon passed away

Reactions: 18
Yeah and Brock Turner isnt a rapist because he only raped a girl once and was drunk and totally didnt deserve any punishment or backlash 🙄 Caroline hurt Lewis intentionally - theres no way to excuse that whatever way you try and phrase it
It all pivots around the ‘IF’ in my post.

You’re belittling a lot of abused people’s situations by saying throwing something in the heat of the moment is domestic abuse. ‘If’ that was what happened It’s an assault. I’m not excusing what she did at all.

The words domestic abuse are very powerful/important words these days and it just doesn’t sit right with me IF the argument (and her mental health) report was correct.

Seeing as domestic abuse can be mental abuse through words too, that means people here are saying calling your partner all the names under the sun and shouting at them in an argument is domestic abuse, it’s not it’s an argument we’ve all had.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
So her friend was staying with her and nipped to the shops to find she couldn’t get back in the house? CF must have done something quick. I thought she had taken sleeping tablets. Feel for her family and the friend who must be wishing she didn’t leave

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Yeah and Brock Turner isnt a rapist because he only raped a girl once and was drunk and totally didnt deserve any punishment or backlash 🙄 Caroline hurt Lewis intentionally - theres no way to excuse that whatever way you try and phrase it
Who’s trying to excuse it?

I’m just trying to get some perspective here from the “brutal beating” “domestic abuse” posts!

No she shouldn’t have thrown something at someone during an argument but it would have been an assault on the grounds of diminished responsibility (given her mental health and the affair)

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I wonder who she reached out to & they said she was draining
This made me so bleeping sad. That whole post she did made me sad-imagine confiding in someone (and I’m sure she considered who to confide in carefully,not like she would have just picked the first name in her phone book). Imagine someone coming to you for support and you telling them they are draining? So sad.

from what I can see Dawn O’Porter publicly supported her and I saw paddy mcguinness post a screenshot where he had messaged his support at the end of last hear. I’m sure many others may have done the same but I feel she could have done with the public support of other celebs. All these tributes now when they couldn’t bare to potentially have their careers tarnished by associating with her when the tit hit the fan for her makes me feel ill. From looking at tributes now it would seem she had so many friends but deep down I’d say the amount of good friends she had was very low-maybe she felt that way too.

very sad and complex situation

Reactions: 15
This is news is tragic but I'm having to step away from social media today as the hypocrisy, narcissism and mass jumping on the band wagon is extremely frustrating. I cannot believe the amount of people who are making this about themselves and not about Caroline it is absolutely vile... What have we as a society become 😥 I've seen people saying on stories 'be kind or..... Fk off' seriously!? Can they not see the hypocrisy in their own words!? So desperate for the likes and the engagement!
I'm so sick to my stomach with all these people 🤮

Reactions: 26
Iove island viewers giving their suggestions on twitter as to how highly trained professionals should do their job isn't helping anyone. Keep their ideas of petitions to themselves.
Why is no one blaming the drugs? Celebs that take a lot of class a drugs do often die young, it's not a coincidence.
All the people on my FB that are sharing to be kind are the bitchist, the ones I keep at arm's length. I don't trust the kind of people that post these memes.

Reactions: 30
So her friend was staying with her and nipped to the shops to find she couldn’t get back in the house? CF must have done something quick. I thought she had taken sleeping tablets. Feel for her family and the friend who must be wishing she didn’t leave
Her poor friend Christ that is awful I hope they aren’t being hard on themselves for nipping out-they can’t have known what would happen

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I see PT and sister have put up fresh tributes this morning.
got to get at the top of the timeline somehow.
The fake ness is sickening but it’s always the same when someone dies.
in the public eye or not. They all come crawling out the woodwork.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
And this is what I've been thinking about.

It would have been a high profile case, simply because it was Caroline Flack. How was she ever going to get a fair trial after the press had already reached their own conclusions and were publishing "facts" of the case already.

There's a thing on Instagram #carolineslaw and a petition to prevent the media from publishing names of celebs due in court or charges against them until its been to court and a decision made to prevent trolling and abuse of the person in question.
Yeah I’m sure if she hadn’t sadly taken her own life, she’d have been to seek legal advice over what was printed etc.

The insta sham #bekind movement is sickening me. This isn’t about mean comments online. I highly doubt Caroline gave a tit what Denise from Southend thought about her. The girl was mentally ill, so much so that in the end she couldn’t cope anymore. The people hijacking her death to moan about themselves being trolled is just so narcissistic.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.