Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m finding the hypocrisy regarding CF’s alleged crime and the way many are saying ‘if this was a man....’ to be erm, amusing. Google Paul Gascoigne- the first descriptive word that comes up in my search box is ‘legend’, not wife beater, but legend.
Could not agree more
I get really angry when people reel out the old "double standard, women get a free pass to abuse" bollocks. Its simply not true. The world is much harder on women. Public opinion is much harsher. Men are allowed to redeem themselves, women are vilified and demonized.
I sound dramatic cos I'm tired after a night shift and I'm not trying to derail this Caroline Flack thread onto a wider feminist argument. What I am saying is that men and women are equally kind, horrible, vicious, gentle as we all human. The difference lies in how our characters are viewed. Gazza will always be a lovable rogue yet he broke his wife's arm!

Apols for lack of coherence but I hope I'm making my point!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Did you see the pics of the bedroom with all the blood? It was even on the front door ffs. No matter how you want to spin that narrative, something happened there that shouldn’t have. He called the police on her. Yes, it is sad she died, but you can’t rewrite what actually happened to make her the victim of that incident. We do know what happened -we saw the pics and heard the call.
She was fearful of going to jail, because that was the evidence that would be presented. which is reasonable. And she possibly would have done some jail time, but her life wouldn’t have been over.
But how do you know the blood wasn’t hers?? It’s been reported that it was his and other reports say hers. Goes back to the statement that the logical amongst is are making - unless you were there, you don’t know!

Reactions: 10
In the eyes of most people here it seems, yes!

I don’t know the details of what happened but hearing people talk about “domestic abuse” “brutally beaten” etc it makes her sound like she was kicking the tit of the guy all the time as part of her daily routine.

If it’s true her fella had an affair, she self harmed then threw a lamp at him then some of the comments on here are very sad (and quite scary) if you ask me.

There’s a big difference between calculated brutal attacks & domestic abuse over throwing something at someone as a one off when she was severely depressed and needed mental help.

Abuse (by its very definition) is about being in control and abusing your position/power over someone whether that be mentally, physically or both. She was clearly not in control of even her own self let alone someone else!
Thank you for saying what I've been trying to verbalize, you are much more articulate than me!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Hate to tell you, but yeah it does.

I threw a battery at my ex once and the tv remote cos he pissed me off 🤷‍♀️ does that make me an abuser?!

No-one knows for sure exactly what happened that night, other than the 2 of them, and I doubt we ever will know what happened. Innocent till proven guilty and all that.

Reactions: 17
She wasnt even fired from her job! She was going back for the next series. But you dont just away with attacking someone ! The paramedics said blood was everywhere. And she was in his phone spying. She may have been sweet, but really unhinged possibly, too. Its sad, and she probably knew she would go to jail as she had attacked him.
Did you actually read my post ? did I say she was fired from her job ?.... did I say she should get away with what I called a serious offence happened that night ? ... and How do you know she was going back for the next series ... had she been found guilty when the trial came to court do you think she just would have been allowed to return ?....
I didn’t once condone what she did ... but you have to be respectful at the end of the day the only two people who know what really happened were her and her boyfriend and whatever it was and whatever went down it’s still extremely sad that she felt compelled to end her life because of it.

She finds out she’s going to trial and kills herself. I wonder whether she knew whatever would come out about her would have been humiliating so took the other way out?

I don’t condone any violence - two exes tell me it’s not a one off - and so I don’t feel anything except sad for her family.

Reactions: 21
I see PT and sister have put up fresh tributes this morning.
got to get at the top of the timeline somehow.
The fake ness is sickening but it’s always the same when someone dies.
in the public eye or not. They all come crawling out the woodwork.

Sorry but who’s PT?

Reactions: 7
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
I said the same thing, did they all do posts supporting her when she was arrested, when she REALLY needed the back up from her "friends "!!!!

Reactions: 3
I agree with Caroline’s law. Nobody should have their name reported until they have been found guilty & possibly until they have exhausted the appeals process.
Let the rags find another way of paying the bills.
Media reporting of court cases is regulated https://www.ipso.co.uk/media/1511/court-reporting-public.pdf

I completely disagree with the idea that court cases should not be open to the public. That is one way of holding our justice system to account, ensuring the right processes are followed for a fair trial and that we are able to hear the facts for ourselves. Behind closed door, how would you be confident that the legal system is working??

The criminal justice system has to be transparent, we cannot knee jerk change the rules because of celebrities going to court. For all we know, the prosecution case might have been weak and CF would have been able to defend the charge - again with transparency this allows any defendant to clear their name publicly with out the public wondering “how they got off”. The transparency works both ways.

Yes, who’s PT?
Bradley Simmonds was Carolines personal trainer (PT) for a while. His sister posted a rather crass post about Caroline yesterday and there is some thought that it was for likes and clicks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Could not agree more
I get really angry when people reel out the old "double standard, women get a free pass to abuse" bollocks. Its simply not true. The world is much harder on women. Public opinion is much harsher. Men are allowed to redeem themselves, women are vilified and demonized.
I sound dramatic cos I'm tired after a night shift and I'm not trying to derail this Caroline Flack thread onto a wider feminist argument. What I am saying is that men and women are equally kind, horrible, vicious, gentle as we all human. The difference lies in how our characters are viewed. Gazza will always be a lovable rogue yet he broke his wife's arm!

Apols for lack of coherence but I hope I'm making my point!
Well said

Kobe Bryant was charged for rape and more or less apologised for raping the woman despite the case being dropped, but has died a legend and an icon. So when people say "if it were a man, you'd all rejoice" I'm literally like where are the examples in history of this ever happening?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I can't comment on Caroline and her boyf Lewis as far as manipulation or culpability goes, but I feel Mel B definitely tried to play the victim card when she is just as bad as her ex husband (Stephen whateverhisnameis). And there's rumours the poor kids may be suffering, which is the worst aspect of all. (Anyway, before I get told I'm going OT...)

If it's true and CF was self-harming in the lead up to the assault, you'd think they would tread more carefully in these cases and offer her counselling, try to ascertain how at risk she was? She might have been a candidate for sectioning, if she was so distressed/acting irrationally. She still had to face the music, and she would have to accept that. All I recall reading about CF in recent days was when she was doing indoor climbing day out with a female producer friend and she seemed pretty upbeat (I know pictures don't tell the whole story, but I thought she was doing okay).

Suicide is often an impulsive act (I know this because, well, I know...) and it's so sad she (probably) didn't have people watching over her.
When someone’s arrested and there are allegations/evidence of self harm, they see a nurse in custody and if appropriate they are assessed for sectioning by an AMHP. The benchmark for sectioning is set extremely high, so in reality sectioning rarely happens. Individuals who are deemed vulnerable are offered an Appropriate Adult during police interview.

Reactions: 11
A friend of a friend knows Lewis and the self harming rumour is true, that’s why there was so much blood.

I feel so sad to hear that she felt she had no choice but to take her own life. I wonder what David Williams will say given the joke he made about her at the NTAs. Even at the time it felt cruel and unnecessary.
Sorry I missed what he said could you enlighten me please

Reactions: 1
Sorry I missed what he said could you enlighten me please
During the awards ceremony in London last month, the Hedgehog character from ITV’s The Masked Singer appeared on stage and Walliams insinuated that Flack was inside the costume. He said: ‘It’s nice to see Caroline Flack back on TV.’ His remark was met with boos from the audience.

That being said I hope he now doesn’t get abuse and trolling from the same people on Twitter who are preaching about mental health in the wake of Caroline’s death. The joke wasn’t that bad, I just thought of it instantly because at the time I felt a bit sorry for her.

Reactions: 12
I think this has hit myself and friends particularly hard because we can really identify with how we imagine she was feeling.
I wasnt a fan, in fact I described her on this very forum as "a dreadful basic" or something equally mean.
However I can really imagine how it feels to have been ambitious and high achieving then to lose the plot and find yourself facing the public shame of a criminal record.
I know girls who have the police round their house every other week, they would laugh all the way into court and all the way out and it would be a mere blip in their timeline.
Then there are women who work hard and play hard but would be absolutely mortified and ashamed to find themselves arrested and facing a criminal conviction. It would seem like the end of the world.
It's heartbreaking to put myself in her shoes tbh.

Reactions: 16
Media reporting of court cases is regulated https://www.ipso.co.uk/media/1511/court-reporting-public.pdf

I completely disagree with the idea that court cases should not be open to the public. That is one way of holding our justice system to account, ensuring the right processes are followed for a fair trial and that we are able to hear the facts for ourselves. Behind closed door, how would you be confident that the legal system is working??

The criminal justice system has to be transparent, we cannot knee jerk change the rules because of celebrities going to court. For all we know, the prosecution case might have been weak and CF would have been able to defend the charge - again with transparency this allows any defendant to clear their name publicly with out the public wondering “how they got off”. The transparency works both ways.

Bradley Simmonds was Carolines personal trainer (PT) for a while. His sister posted a rather crass post about Caroline yesterday and there is some thought that it was for likes and clicks.
What did his sister say?? I can’t find it

Whats his sister called?

Connie Simmonds is the sister.

bradley has posted about Caroline including videos of her in the gym, it feels disrespectful.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
The close friends and celeb mates posting tributes... doesn’t take much to scroll back to mid December for all of them and not one public post of support. Even if they’d wanted to their pr would tell them to avoid.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.