Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But mental health will never get the same respect physical health does. This will be another 5 minute thing where everyone focuses on mental health in the press ect because a celeb has commited suicide but in a months time noone will care about mental health again.
Its the same sad story every time. I have mental health issues and because I dont want to kill myself no mental health team will see me, so all I have is my GP. If I broke a leg the fracture clinic would see me regardless of how bad the break was, so why do people need to be at complete breaking point to get help for mental health?

All I can say is I hope Caroline is at peace.
Absolutely - i have both mental and physical health issues and if I could choose which ones would vanish for ever, I would choose the MH issues every time.

Reactions: 13
I threw a battery at my ex once and the tv remote cos he pissed me off 🤷‍♀️ does that make me an abuser?!

No-one knows for sure exactly what happened that night, other than the 2 of them, and I doubt we ever will know what happened. Innocent till proven guilty and all that.
Actually yeah it does. It’s common assault at least, more of it caused an Injury.
would it be ok if my partner threw items at me because I ‘piss him off’ - no of course not. it’s not ok to throw tit at anyone.
It’s fair to say that the scene, injuries and evidence has built up a fair picture of what occurred. It’s not like she just tickled him is it and that caused the need for hospital Treatment, blood everywhere and smashed glass and lampshade.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I threw a battery at my ex once and the tv remote cos he pissed me off 🤷‍♀️ does that make me an abuser?!

No-one knows for sure exactly what happened that night, other than the 2 of them, and I doubt we ever will know what happened. Innocent till proven guilty and all that.
If he rang 999 and said you were going to kill him then yeah it does. But if that never happened then it's not a comparison. It's horrific she felt death was a better option rather than face life anymore but this is classic downplaying of what male victims face all the time. Look at the abuse Lewis is getting. Even her ex Andrew is getting it

Reactions: 26
I absolutely hate the fake outpouring currently going on on Twitter right now. Absolute lunatics are tagging CPS with #murderers etc.

An accused male perpetrator of domestic violence kills himself and he's escaped justice. A female perpetrator kill herself and she's the victim. Its a fucked up world we live in
Totally disagree with this, I was in a very violent & emotional abusive relationship. I left (eventually) & took my children to a woman’s refuge. I don’t believe with her it was a prolonged abusive relationship. I believe she was drunk & made a mistake, lashed out which is still not ok but we’ve all made mistakes, although my ex was the abuser I definitely lashed out at least once from the emotional abuse & there’s a difference between domestic violence & a one off, it’s never ok but domestic abusive is not a one off. Truth is we don’t know. She Pled not guilty. Her boyfriend denies it & stuck by her & the court case was ongoing so who are you to say coz she died she’s “the victim”. I’m so bad at expressing how I feel in writing but basically what I’m saying is
I absolutely hate the fake outpouring currently going on on Twitter right now. Absolute lunatics are tagging CPS with #murderers etc.

An accused male perpetrator of domestic violence kills himself and he's escaped justice. A female perpetrator kill herself and she's the victim. Its a fucked up world we live in
She was accused as you said yourself. Not sentenced. Her boyfriend stood by her
Had to come off social media. People saying her death is manslaughter by media? Saying she’s the victim? That the CPS/police should have left her alone?
It’s horrendous she’s died, she didn’t deserve to lose her life over that.
But she attacked someone violently. It’s making me upset that some people are sanitising her image like she is 100% innocent.
Maybe I’m taking this too personally because I grew up in a house with DV but it’s too much.
I was in a very violent & emotionally abusive relationship that went on for years before I finally took my children to a woman’s refuge but do we actually know 100% she violently attacked someone?! No. He’s denied it. She’s denied it & it was going to court. I’ve heard other stories about where the blood came from. She was self harming & he caught her?! She’s taken her own life. What is it you exactly want? From experiencing what I’ve been through I don’t believe she was like that, I believe it was a drunk emotional one off, still not ok at all but I don’t think she was a consistent violent, emotional abuser BUT the truth is none of us actually know what happened & that’s exactly why this has happened. Who are we to comment. People trolling, talking, speculating, gossiping, hating. At the end of the day this was a private matter no matter the situation & should have stayed that way. Why was it ever allowed so public. Especially before a GUILTY verdict in COURT OF LAW not bloody daily mail or the sun. We’re only humans & theres a bleeping lot worse humans in the world. I believe she didn’t deserve this & it could have been prevented 💔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
All her celebrity friends banging on about how amazing she was and how they're going to miss her....... Why the duck didn't you check in on her, drop her a text to say hi or a call to say 'are you OK? Do you need to talk about it?' or drop in on her and have a coffee or something!? If you were that much of a friend you would have made sure she was OK every step of the way through this trial she was heading into.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Quite a difference between domestic violence and a once off. Again no facts for the case has been released to know which one it was

Again not our place to sit and argue the different outlooks
Oh so a ‘one off’ case of domestic assault is ok then 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Totally disagree with this, I was in a very violent & emotional abusive relationship. I left (eventually) & took my children to a woman’s refuge. I don’t believe with her it was a prolonged abusive relationship. I believe she was drunk & made a mistake, lashed out which is still not ok but we’ve all made mistakes, although my ex was the abuser I definitely lashed out at least once from the emotional abuse & there’s a difference between domestic violence & a one off, it’s never ok but domestic abusive is not a one off. Truth is we don’t know. She Pled not guilty. Her boyfriend denies it & stuck by her & the court case was ongoing so who are you to say coz she died she’s “the victim”. I’m so bad at expressing how I feel in writing but basically what I’m saying is

She was accused as you said yourself. Not sentenced. Her boyfriend stood by her

I was in a very violent & emotionally abusive relationship that went on for years before I finally took my children to a woman’s refuge but do we actually know 100% she violently attacked someone?! No. He’s denied it. She’s denied it & it was going to court. I’ve heard other stories about where the blood came from. She was self harming & he caught her?! She’s taken her own life. What is it you exactly want? From experiencing what I’ve been through I don’t believe she was like that, I believe it was a drunk emotional one off, still not ok at all but I don’t think she was a consistent violent, emotional abuser BUT the truth is none of us actually know what happened & that’s exactly why this has happened. Who are we to comment. People trolling, talking, speculating, gossiping, hating. At the end of the day this was a private matter no matter the situation & should have stayed that way. Why was it ever allowed so public. Especially before a GUILTY verdict in COURT OF LAW not bloody daily mail or the sun. We’re only humans & theres a bleeping lot worse humans in the world. I believe she didn’t deserve this & it could have been prevented 💔
did you personally know Caroline? Is that how you know it was a one off?

also do you propose that the papers are not allowed to report arrests etc unless someone is found guilty at court across the board?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All her celebrity friends banging on about how amazing she was and how they're going to miss her....... Why the duck didn't you check in on her, drop her a text to say hi or a call to say 'are you OK? Do you need to talk about it?' or drop in on her and have a coffee or something!? If you were that much of a friend you would have mad sure she was OK every step of the way through this trial she was heading into.
That is true unfortunately in the cut throat celeb world they are afraid of loosing their own careers too much
Alot took a step away from her than towards her

I'm sure she felt very lonely and let down, nothing worse than being alone and feeling let down by your friends when your mentally not ok

Oh so a ‘one off’ case of domestic assault is ok then 🤷🏼‍♀️
No that's not what I'm saying...

Sometimes people re act and it is a once off and it is a genuine mistake. Fuelled by drink, anger etc. And also sometimes of course it's not a mistake and it can be intentional

That's what I'm saying

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I find it really sad, tragic - shocking.
I hope her boyfriend and loved ones get the support they need right now.

I cannot stand the ‘bandwagon’ of all the celebs sharing Be Kind, You don’t know what someone’s going through etc etc - of course it’s valid, but where were these people paying tributes beforehand? Where is their awareness for mental health before a tragedy strikes? Or is it just another bandwagon hashtag to stay relevant. It’s disgusting really.

Also with everyone assuming her suicide was because of trolls - how do they know? Could it not be that she had serious mental health struggles (obviously) and couldnt find peace? I can’t explain myself in the best way I just hate how everyone is making this ‘story’ suit them. Hope that makes sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The same people who are slating "trolls" and the media, are the same ones going to Lewis and Andrew, saying horrible things to them.

Why is it that abuse and bullying are okay if it is women doing it to men?

Why are we being told to #bekind when all of this started because she didnt think about her consequences before she acted?

I do think the loss of life is sad. It's pretty clear Caroline was screwed up. It's even sadder that she apparently has all this support, but none of it there when it mattered.

Yes she was vulnerable, but does that mean she should get off with a slap on the wrist for what is actually a very serious charge? No. If it was a male, women would be playing the feminist card begging for justice.

One in six men will be a victim of domestic abuse. Not that much different to the one in four women. Treat it the same. Abuse is abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That is true unfortunately in the cut throat celeb world they are afraid of loosing their own careers too much
Alot took a step away from her than towards her

I'm sure she felt very lonely and let down, nothing worse than being alone and feeling let down by your friends when your mentally not ok
I feel so sorry for her, yes she did wrong. But she could have just completed the punishment the courts planned to hand her, gone to rehab, gott away from it all for a bit then come back with bigger and better. 😔

Reactions: 11
I wonder what people’s opinions would be if this was a male celeb ‘charged’ and in court with assault against their partner 🤔

Reactions: 7

In the eyes of most people here it seems, yes!

I don’t know the details of what happened but hearing people talk about “domestic abuse” “brutally beaten” etc it makes her sound like she was kicking the tit of the guy all the time as part of her daily routine.

If it’s true her fella had an affair, she self harmed then threw a lamp at him then some of the comments on here are very sad (and quite scary) if you ask me.

There’s a big difference between calculated brutal attacks & domestic abuse over throwing something at someone as a one off when she was severely depressed and needed mental help.

Abuse (by its very definition) is about being in control and abusing your position/power over someone whether that be mentally, physically or both. She was clearly not in control of even her own self let alone someone else!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Wonder how Laura Whitmore is feeling, I see her beau has posted a heavenly tribute to CF. Must be a bit uncomfortable for them when all
is said and done.
I’d be examining my work goals post this.

Not fan of Laura, have heard stories of her self-gain prerogatives.

Reactions: 8

I don’t know the details of what happened but hearing people talk about “domestic abuse” “brutally beaten” etc it makes her sound like she was kicking the tit of the guy all the time as part of her daily routine.

If it’s true her fella had an affair, she self harmed then threw a lamp at him then some of the comments on here are very sad (and quite scary) if you ask me.

There’s a big difference between calculated brutal attacks & domestic abuse over throwing something at someone as a one off when she was severely depressed and needed mental help.

Abuse (by its very definition) is about being in control and abusing your position/power over someone whether that be mentally, physically or both. She was clearly not in control of even her own self let alone someone else!
A truly excellent post that gives this thread some much needed clarity.

• Angry
Reactions: 17

Yeah and Brock Turner isnt a rapist because he only raped a girl once and was drunk and totally didnt deserve any punishment or backlash 🙄 Caroline hurt Lewis intentionally - theres no way to excuse that whatever way you try and phrase it

• Heart
Reactions: 38

And this is exactly the purpose of why the case would have gone to court and a jury decide flacks fate.

To see if it was a planned attack, repeated ongoing behaviour that was escalating or a spur of the moment heated jealous rage - that could have been affected by very poor mental health. A moment of madness. Not okay but very very different to daily emotional, physical and sexual abuse that some victims suffer with and the cps overlook due to ‘lack of evidence’.

There was only two people there that night. Flack and her partner - we will only ever hear one side of the story now.

Every abuse story is entirely different and the relationship between perp and victim a complex one.

Saying this - I think we should as in all criminal cases treat Caroline as if she were innocent - she never got the chance to be put before a court - and before anyone starts - yeah I would say exact the same if it was a man.

To say abuse is abuse is far too simple, it is not how a court would look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
did you personally know Caroline? Is that how you know it was a one off?

also do you propose that the papers are not allowed to report arrests etc unless someone is found guilty at court across the board?
If you'd actually read what I’d said I said no one actually knows what happened, including me, everyone has there opinions & point of views & thats exactly why we are where we are now. No one knows apart from who was involved but still it was in the papers. Is that right? Ok? Fair? Actually legal? & yes I do believe that papers shouldn’t be able to report unless there actually found guilty in any matter BUT we trust our courts to do the right thing to the people who deserve it. For the record I actually wasn’t Caroline’s biggest fan not for any particular reason apart from I thought there were better presenters but I’ve never said a bad word about her. I just wouldn’t, unless they really deserve it (pedophiles/murderers etc)

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.