Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ultimately it was her decision. She had wealth, health, she could easily have sought the best help. She had family and friends around her, a support network. She had options but this was what she chose. I don't think the media should be blamed for causing this by reporting that she'd been arrested for assault (which was true, though of course she'd not been convicted, just accused) . If she didn't do it, then I'm sure that would have come out at court. Again, she could afford the best legal representation.
Mental health is at least as important as physical health and it seems clear that she had significant mental health problems.

Reactions: 17
What a sad day for her friends and family . Her life mistakes were published for the world too see and her life must have gotten to much for her . Awful sad news

Reactions: 9
the assault she was being done for was her self harming over him cheating and she got upset that he’d walked in on her doing that and threw a lamp at him. So many people have done nothing but give the poor girl tit since. She didn’t deserve any of it.

So so sad.
Well said 😔

Reactions: 4
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄
I think what's even more annoying than those plebs is people who assume speculative articles are based on fact when you don't actually know what happened that night, and that would've been the court's job to find out :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14
Maybe I’m being harsh but I found it really gross how within minutes of her death being reported, all the reality TV types were posting photos of them with Caroline on Instagram and letting everyone know how upset THEY were.

Surely a better way to pay your respects on social media, if you feel that you have to, is to post a photo of her or something and a link to sources for mental health issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Mental health is at least as important as physical health and it seems clear that she had significant mental health problems.
But mental health will never get the same respect physical health does. This will be another 5 minute thing where everyone focuses on mental health in the press ect because a celeb has commited suicide but in a months time noone will care about mental health again.
Its the same sad story every time. I have mental health issues and because I dont want to kill myself no mental health team will see me, so all I have is my GP. If I broke a leg the fracture clinic would see me regardless of how bad the break was, so why do people need to be at complete breaking point to get help for mental health?

All I can say is I hope Caroline is at peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I wonder how her close friends like olly Murs are doing, they were very close.
such tragic tragic news that could’ve been prevented :cry: rip flack

Reactions: 10
I wonder how her close friends like olly Murs are doing, they were very close.
such tragic tragic news that could’ve been prevented :cry: rip flack
He's on holiday with his girlfriend and hasn't commented. This has probably knocked him for six. They were a great team.

Reactions: 13
Had to come off social media. People saying her death is manslaughter by media? Saying she’s the victim? That the CPS/police should have left her alone?
It’s horrendous she’s died, she didn’t deserve to lose her life over that.
But she attacked someone violently. It’s making me upset that some people are sanitising her image like she is 100% innocent.
Maybe I’m taking this too personally because I grew up in a house with DV but it’s too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I hope Lewis is doing ok. The abuse he's getting on Instagram right now is shocking. I hope his family and friends look after him otherwise he'll end up the same way

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Had to come off social media. People saying her death is manslaughter by media? Saying she’s the victim? That the CPS/police should have left her alone?
It’s horrendous she’s died, she didn’t deserve to lose her life over that.
But she attacked someone violently. It’s making me upset that some people are sanitising her image like she is 100% innocent.
Maybe I’m taking this too personally because I grew up in a house with DV but it’s too much.
I think we're supposed to forget that she attacked someone viciously now she's died

I hope Lewis is doing ok. The abuse he's getting on Instagram right now is shocking. I hope his family and friends look after him otherwise he'll end up the same way
Hyprocrites the lot of them

Reactions: 25
No, but once her boyfriend withdrew the allegations I really don't think it should have been pursued. Not in the public interest. I'm so glad that when it happened to me I was allowed to withdraw my statement. It would have opened a whole can of worms for me
I'm sorry you went through that but I totally disagree that a victim can withdraw the allegation and it goes away. The reason abusers continue abusing is that no one takes them to task for it. The abuser should be punished and the victim should receive counselling. That's potentially a win win. As long as a restraining order is automic to protect the victim for as long as he or she needs to get their head somewhat sorted.
The Steph Davis relapse video is upsetting and it's also an indication that she hasn't addressed her own issues. After her ex was punished legally she was on a high at 'winning', but she never ever addressed her part in the mutual abuse. That's not healthy.
Again, my point is that you need to own your part in these things because it's all very well fooling the public and fans but you can't fool yourself in your head and it is there causing havoc and dragging you down until you face it head on and start to heal yourself. Maybe Caroline was too afraid to deal with whatever that night awakened in her. All so sad and unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
From celebrities to people I know IRL, everyone it posting #bekind in relation to this. Obviously, that’s a great message generally, but in response to someone who was arrested for assaulting her boyfriend... it just seems a strange reaction. Was she being kind to have attacked him, if indeed that is what happened?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No but its life and it happens!!!!! Someone has died here, do you have a heart? Wow
Yes I do have a heart. I care about every person who was clobbered and didn’t dare report it or tell someone because people like you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Everyone name calling hypocrites and accusing people of ignoring the fact she was a domestic abuser- in this country, we practice 'innocent until proven guilty' not speculation through tabloids and gossip sites. A young woman has taken her own life and still people are pretending they know everything about her and her mental health. She may very well have done some awful things and I will not support her for that but condemning her on the day of her death doesn't need to happen either really.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I threw a battery at my ex once and the tv remote cos he pissed me off 🤷‍♀️ does that make me an abuser?!

No-one knows for sure exactly what happened that night, other than the 2 of them, and I doubt we ever will know what happened. Innocent till proven guilty and all that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think we can and have all agreed this is a terrible tragedy.

However I think it would be very hypocritical of us to be acting like a lot of 'insta celebs' are doing and pretending she was a Saint.

Most of us who are here have either contributed to the thread about Caroline or atleast read it before and for us to now say we take back everything we say just because she's passed away? Nah, there was still a court case for a serious matter. Innocent until proven guilty yes, but this case was going ahead without the support of Lewis... They must have had reason for this.

I'm unsure if what I'm trying to say is coming across right but basically... From what I've seen here there's been a lot of Rip and being very respectful of this tragic passing... Nobody here wanted this outcome. But a lot of you have also said this doesn't change what you previously thought and I commend you for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄
THIS!
If this was a male celeb being dragged to court for domestic violence I’m sure people’s opinions would be different

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.