Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the statement released by the family solicitor I think, it said she had received the news just hours before killing herself that the trial would be going ahead.

Which again makes me think what was coming out?
That she was unhinged, an alcoholic & a self harmer who had slashed her neck in the heat of the moment then smashed a lamp over her boyfriend’s head after he tried to stop her histrionics. This was about to be plastered all over front pages and the internet and ruin her career for good. Poor girl. This is tragic beyond words. She needed some serious help.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Itv news about CF. I'm disgusted that two quotes from celebrities, one from bloody Philip schofield and the other ant & Dec. The two biggest cover ups in ITV. 🙄
Exactly. Ant drives drunk and keeps his job. Caroline loses hers before being found guilty! Not bloody fair. I bet her ‘friends’ dropped her. Sad sad news.

Reactions: 21
No, but once her boyfriend withdrew the allegations I really don't think it should have been pursued. Not in the public interest. I'm so glad that when it happened to me I was allowed to withdraw my statement. It would have opened a whole can of worms for me
It’s all very murky isn’t it though and there are lots of ‘yes but what ifs’.

For example, yes but what if they’d retraced it all after he said he didn’t want to press charges and she said she wasn’t guilty, but then there was another incident where she did actually kill him? Or he left her and she did it to someone else? Sounds drastic I know and I’m not trying to say that would have happened or that she was necessarily capable of murder, but what would have happened if that did happen? CPS would have had his blood on their hands then wouldn’t they for not prosecuting a more minor assault? And then the media/social media storm would have been even worse.

I’m just saying, what happened, happened. There could have been a number of different scenarios if things had happened even slightly differently. Doesn’t take away the fact that it’s just all really sad though 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why is everyone presuming she committed suicide due to "the media". Nobody has a bleeping clue what was going on in her mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I don't know about that. When Steph Davis and that Irish guy Jeremy Mc Connell were in a mutually abusive relationship he got ripped to shreds across social media for months on end while Steph got all the sympathy and got her old job back as well. A job she'd been sacked from for ... stuff. It didn't matter that he had witnesses who'd seen and heard him being abused, she had some bruises and he's a big guy so it all fell on him and Steph got a pass for her part in it. He had a fractured jaw and eye damage from being beaten with a bed leg while asleep. Police had to haul Steph off to jail where she spent the night while McConnell went straight to the airport and home to Dublin to have his face sorted out in his local hospital. The pictures of his injuries were horrific. Later she filed charges and he was punished legally. Steph, nothing but more sympathy. The point I'm making is that Steph got a free pass because she's tiny and he's big, but that's not right. Abusers come in all shapes and sizes.
To highlight how wrong that all turned out, Steph is still very troubled and has had to take leave from Hollyoaks to sort herself out yet again, while Jeremy has got clean and is in a stable relationship. He lives with the solicitor lady who handled his case in a stunning home in the country and is a partner in a thriving men's grooming business (I think). So Steph getting all the sympathy didn't help her in battling her demons. McConnell faced his down and beat them.
As for Caroline, what a waste. So sorry for her family dealing with this. :(
I can't comment on Caroline and her boyf Lewis as far as manipulation or culpability goes, but I feel Mel B definitely tried to play the victim card when she is just as bad as her ex husband (Stephen whateverhisnameis). And there's rumours the poor kids may be suffering, which is the worst aspect of all. (Anyway, before I get told I'm going OT...)

If it's true and CF was self-harming in the lead up to the assault, you'd think they would tread more carefully in these cases and offer her counselling, try to ascertain how at risk she was? She might have been a candidate for sectioning, if she was so distressed/acting irrationally. She still had to face the music, and she would have to accept that. All I recall reading about CF in recent days was when she was doing indoor climbing day out with a female producer friend and she seemed pretty upbeat (I know pictures don't tell the whole story, but I thought she was doing okay).

Suicide is often an impulsive act (I know this because, well, I know...) and it's so sad she (probably) didn't have people watching over her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
So so sad she did could not see any other way, to go through the personal life stuff whilst in the spotlight is a whole other level and pressure.
I was attacked by a man, ( a random who obviously had major anger issues when drunk) the charge was assault by beating, after being found guilty it was revealed to court that he had the same conviction previously - against a previous partner.
Caroline obviously has issues and her case was against a partner but who knows if those issues would have shown themselves elsewhere. So partner or not the csp have felt that her case is worthy of court, that isn’t taken lightly.

Reactions: 12
Not sticking up for Ant but he had to step down from his presenting roles whilst he went to rehab and went through court proceedings, and Caroline Flack had to step down from this series of Love Island too, she wasn’t sacked
People are dramatising everything like always

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It's sad she's dead. That goes without saying. Any death before your 'time' is sad.

But we have no idea how she actually felt, what pre-empted her decision. Or if it even was intentional and not a 'cry for help' scenario. There's no point in all the fake hand wringing and outpourings of grief.

Ultimately it was her decision. She had wealth, health, she could easily have sought the best help. She had family and friends around her, a support network. She had options but this was what she chose. I don't think the media should be blamed for causing this by reporting that she'd been arrested for assault (which was true, though of course she'd not been convicted, just accused) . If she didn't do it, then I'm sure that would have come out at court. Again, she could afford the best legal representation.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That she was unhinged, an alcoholic & a self harmer who had slashed her neck in the heat of the moment then smashed a lamp over her boyfriend’s head after he tried to stop her histrionics. This was about to be plastered all over front pages and the internet and ruin her career for good. Poor girl. This is tragic beyond words. She needed some serious help.
Did she slash her own neck? I've not heard anything about that but then I avoid the papers and news as much as I can.

I've said it before, I didn't like her but it's sad that it's ended like this.

Her demons got too big for her to cope with.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All very sad indeed. I tell you what it makes me think...thank f#@k I’m not a celeb....yes you may earn £££ and receive loads of free stuff but it seems to me you have to work damn hard just to stand still in the world of social media. Even the so called nicest ones seem to struggle.

How can any of us relate to what it’s like to live in that world, where your career and whole persona is judged on a daily basis? And then...throw in the access you will have to all sort of “aids” to help you get through. I‘m not commenting on CF herself and drugs etc but as a general observation we all know how accessible stuff is even for the ordinary Joe. Ive never dabbled myself, I live in the French countryside and the most exciting thing that happens to me is seeing a deer run across the field whilst walking my dog .....but it must be incredibly difficult to just maintain your best self in such a cut throat world when it’s mixed with so many other influences

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm not trying to be provocative but the rumours around her all seem to be true and she was quite likely to be sent to prison shortly for domestic violence that could have easy killed a man. She had many demons, but I don't think you can say she was harmless.
U say rumours & thats what they are dont believe everything u read!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know if this has been posted already but I relate to it, don’t think I’m gonna comment on the matter anymore though
100%. I was just about to post something about this actually. Everyone on social media saying she was an amazing lady she didn’t deserve this etc.

You can be a good and bad person. You can have been there for someone in their darkest hour but also have physically assaulted someone. You can be an amazing mother but have slept with your friends partner. We’re not all JUST good or JUST bad.

I’m not saying people should be posting online saying ‘RIP and all that but you did hit your bf with a lamp’ obviously people don’t tend to bring up someone’s bad traits when they’ve just passed away, but given the circumstances I find the out pouring of love for her uncomfortable. A simple ‘really shocked at this news, RIP’ type comment would suffice I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
A loss of a life is horrific in any circumstances.For someone to take their own life they have to be in a very dark and hopeless place.Her life seemed to be spiralling out of control and it’s sad that she didn’t get the help she needed.But nobody actually really knows what was going on with her life and her mental health.I keep reading the word trolls and be kind but actually are any of those things responsible for her taking her own life we just don’t know but so many are assuming they do ??

Reactions: 14
Not sticking up for Ant but he had to step down from his presenting roles whilst he went to rehab and went through court proceedings, and Caroline Flack had to step down from this series of Love Island too, she wasn’t sacked
People are dramatising everything like always
How do we know that she wasn’t supported by ITV?
Regardless of their thoughts on the alleged incident I doubt they would even have to ask her to step down/ suspend her or whatever, with a Court case looming it’s unlikely she would’ve been able to travel to Cape Town to present LI anyway. So no action required by them really in having her replaced.
What has happened is absolutely tragic, I can’t remember the last time I felt so shocked. It seems like such a waste of a life and there’s so much speculation and blame circulating. The truth is none of us know what goes on behind closed doors.
I think it’s unfair to speculate and it’s also unfair to go after Ant claiming favouritism etc. Very different situations and as I’ve said we don’t actually know they were treated any differently.
For all we know Caroline could’ve been offered help and refused it - unlikely but possible.
She has seemed troubled for a long time, someone posted a screenshot of something from her social media saying she tried to reach out to a friend and was told she was draining. It seems to me that she’s been let down a lot closer to home than ITV.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Ultimately it was her decision. She had wealth, health, she could easily have sought the best help. She had family and friends around her, a support network. She had options but this was what she chose. I don't think the media should be blamed for causing this by reporting that she'd been arrested for assault (which was true, though of course she'd not been convicted, just accused) . If she didn't do it, then I'm sure that would have come out at court. Again, she could afford the best legal representation.
I might be inclined to agree with you if all the media had done was report it but it’s not as if they reported it in a factual, professional manner & left it at that.
I’ve no doubt that money helps when you need access to mental health treatment, but you can’t buy your way out of an addiction.

I hope her family are left alone.

Reactions: 6
In the statement released by the family solicitor I think, it said she had received the news just hours before killing herself that the trial would be going ahead.

Which again makes me think what was coming out?
Did she think it would be dropped?

Reactions: 4
Caroline stepped down on her own accord. itv even highlighted this was her choice & she was always welcome to come back.

Reactions: 11
Come on guys she was someone's daughter/sister/friend and was very much loved, do you not think this should all be dropped now out of respect. She clobbered her boyfriend who more than likely wound her up and made things worse, I myself have been there and so many other people i know. It was blown up, so much she has taken her life and its dreadful
It’s not ok to “clobber” people, as a society we shouldn’t say domestic violence is ok no matter what the circs are.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Interesting that her management seem to be pointing the finger at the CPS. Saying it was a pointless trial which put her under huge stress. Are the instagrammers going to post about this potential contributor to her mental health? If they really care. Surely they’ll all post about the court case..

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.