Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
She's been posting on twitter https://twitter.com/hotpatooties

• Sad
Reactions: 11
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
this sums up my feelings. Lots of platitudes and love for someone they don’t know and they’ve never even supported before.
i can’t help but think some of the bigger social media account use it for extra clicks and likes to their channels as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s very sad and she was obviously in a bad place. If you look at her last Instagram post she looks like she’s under the influence of something. I wished she had got help but I hate that people are going to use her death to say that the Police shouldn’t proceed with convictions when the victims withdraw their statements. Domestic violence is so dangerous and action needs to be taken whether the victim supports it or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
the assault she was being done for was her self harming over him cheating and she got upset that he’d walked in on her doing that and threw a lamp at him. So many people have done nothing but give the poor girl tit since. She didn’t deserve any of it.

So so sad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Was about to say the same. All the usual insta-chavs blaming her suicide on social media. She wasn’t an Instagram/online celeb, she was a real life media person who used social media as a tool of self-promotion re her actual work. Rather than posting daily incessant stories about their real life. and who weren’t posting messages of support. No I wouldn’t be surprised if Dawn OP doesn’t post at all, it’s her private life now, and not about Caroline flack anymore.

It’s sad but not a surprise. She was a caner and very unfortunately joins a long list of similar drug users who’s mental health plummeted. The two cannot be unrelated.
The poor family.

• Angry
Reactions: 45
RIP Caroline Flack, you didn't deserve it.

Always thought she seemed a little... unhinged... but clearly needed help. Who was helping her? Awful. I'm sure it was with reason (haven't read details) but it seemed harsh to not allow any contact between her and her boyfriend when clearly she was already in a very low place and needed him.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I just don’t get how these people who knew her take to social media to express their condolences- write a letter in private to her parents. No one just a duck what you think or your take on it.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
RIP Caroline Flack, you didn't deserve it.

Always thought she seemed a little... unhinged... but clearly needed help. Who was helping her? Awful. I'm sure it was with reason (haven't read details) but it seemed harsh to not allow any contact between her and her boyfriend when clearly she was already in a very low place and needed him.
There's probably been a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. I suppose we'll find out. But given the distressed phone call the boyf made (that prompted the assault charge), then him changing his tune afterwards, it's all very odd - very common in DV cases for that to happen, and for both parties to be instructed to be apart (who knows if they really were).

But ITV has a duty of care to protect all of its employees, and it should be the same treatment for everyone - especially with some Love Island contestants already suffering emotional distress and taking their own lives in recent years. It's a real shame.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 163
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄
this is what I meant about politicising it... most of them say that because they cant take criticism themselves and it’s pretty gross to use her death for selfish purposes to shut people up from having an opinion about how they behave.

Honestly how hard is it for them to post a RIP message and leave it as that on the same bleeping day she was found dead? Pore over it later if you must ffs.

Reactions: 26
I just can’t help but feel so disturbed by the news.
To think that in her final moments she believed the world hated her, which is what it seemed. Tabloids destroyed her, we all condemned her, she lost her job and probably a lot of friends and was likely set on going to prison.

Yes it was because of her own actions....and no she shouldn’t of got away with it.
But she must have thought she deserved to die. There was no coming back from this.
And to be honest, it would of been very hard for her to come back! But that’s an awful thought.
I won’t sit here and say she was this amazing, inspirational role model because i really didn’t rate her at all. But it’s awfully tragic that she felt no other option than to erase herself from existence.

I really, really hope her ex has people close to him.
people trolled Sophie from love islands ex and he went and killed himself not long after. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
Maybe if she didn't go through her partner's phone, accuse him of cheating and then clubbing him with a lamp until he was covered with blood, maybe she would have kept her job and people would have been nicer to her.

Police need to follow through with a conviction regardless of if the victim wants them to or not. It's not uncommon for victims to want to drop charges out of fear.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
I had work dealings with Caroline Flack a few years ago. She was absolutely lovely to me and professional. I won't be posting on Twitter or Insta as that's tasteless but I do want to honour her memory publicly.

RIP Caroline X

Shuttleworth

• Heart
Reactions: 104
the assault she was being done for was her self harming over him cheating and she got upset that he’d walked in on her doing that and threw a lamp at him. So many people have done nothing but give the poor girl tit since. She didn’t deserve any of it.

So so sad.
But where did this rumour come from? Sounds like a bullshit attempt to downplay what she did and blame it on the victim ie look what you made me do.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I just can’t help but feel so disturbed by the news.
To think that in her final moments she believed the world hated her, which is what it seemed. Tabloids destroyed her, we all condemned her, she lost her job and probably a lot of friends and was likely set on going to prison.

Yes it was because of her own actions....and no she shouldn’t of got away with it.
But she must have thought she deserved to die. There was no coming back from this.
And to be honest, it would of been very hard for her to come back! But that’s an awful thought.
I won’t sit here and say she was this amazing, inspirational role model because i really didn’t rate her at all. But it’s awfully tragic that she felt no other option than to erase herself from existence.

I really, really hope her ex has people close to him.
people trolled Sophie from love islands ex and he went and killed himself not long after. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself.
You’ve worded it so well, she was in such a tit situation (her own doing) but it was just tit wasn’t it. I hope my last post didn’t come across as saying she deserved to die!! I don’t think she did, just saying that people were entitled to comment on her behaviour and it wasn’t ‘trolls’ or ‘the media’ who led to her suicide.

Just a really sad situation. Really sad, really crappy. No ones fault, just a series of bad life decisions really.

Reactions: 22

So so sad.
That's called gaslighting and itself a form of abuse

• Heart
Reactions: 23
bleeping tragic tit situation for her, her family and loved ones, however, I don’t really feel surprised by what’s happened. She seemed really troubled and obviously it all got too much. There’s no point speculating on the whys and trying to pass the blame, The hypocrisy of the tabloids is nauseating. I hope her boyfriend has a good support system around him. I’m seeing a lot of people online trying the blame the CPS - bleeping infuriating. It’s pretty normal for victims of domestic abuse not wanting to press charges, if it were a role reversal we wouldn’t be blaming the police for doing their job

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.