Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god going to have to avoid James O Brien on LBC this morning - his show hasn’t even started yet and he’s there with the simpering criticisms of society in his lead up 🤯

Reactions: 2
I bet the guy withdrew any support due to her mental health. Bet he knew, seems it was quite open. Different type of coercion / influence.

Who knows why he called the police, it could just have been for her safety than his (she was cut) and the police ran with it. It’s not clear from the partial transcript in the court.

Anyway, can’t imagine how he feels now. Awful. He shouldn’t feel guilty, won’t stop him oif course. But very sad.

Reactions: 4
Have just seen on another thread how an influencer is using this tragedy to sell a vacuum (Lynsey Queen of Clean). So I looked on insta at Caroline Flack as a hashtag.
I am simply horrified that people are using this hashtag to try and gain followers.

Here are just a few I have spotted...they have hashtagged Caroline alongside a number of companies...really really odd behaviour. How can you use a person’s tragedy to hashtag a paint company???

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Have just seen on another thread how an influencer is using this tragedy to sell a vacuum (Lynsey Queen of Clean). So I looked on insta at Caroline Flack as a hashtag.
I am simply horrified that people are using this hashtag to try and gain followers.

Here are just a few I have spotted...they have hashtagged Caroline alongside a number of companies...really really odd behaviour. How can you use a person’s tragedy to hashtag a paint company???
What a load of arseholes these people are. Really lolled at the Tattle comment.

Reactions: 7
Don’t post very regularly at all but read a lot of the threads.

I find what happened to Caroline a real tragedy.

The woman was clearly mentally ill. She was 40, not 16 - to still be checking her boyfriends phone obviously shows distrust in the relationship/her own deep insecurities about herself/their relationship.

The press (and I think the CPS confirmed) are reporting she inflicted injuries on herself - all that blood is allegedly hers. So did she upon searching her boyfriends phone and finding whatever she found - dick pics, texts, pictures with other girls - slash her wrists in front of him? Or throw the lamp at him to wake him then begin to slash her wrists as if to say, I can’t go on without you? Or look at what you’re doing to me - I would rather die than be without you. This behaviour in itself (if it was this - and the narrative certainly paints this picture) is truly disturbing. The relationship was toxic on both sides. Lewis definitely didn’t deserve to be hit but did he phone the police because he’d been caught cheating and knew it would ruin everything for her? And if not cheating - what was on his phone? I keep thinking she’s found his phone, called him out, thrown the lamp, he’s said he’ll call the police, she’s said no you’ll ruin everything for me, she’s started slashing her wrists and it’s all exploded. Not condoning any of the behaviour on either side - I think they’ve both reacted to one another at the time in an extreme way.

Re Andrew Brady - he’s been asked to sign a NDA, I bet loads of celebrities do this so they don’t get fucked over by their mates/boyfriends etc this prob isn’t out of the ordinary if you’re living in that world. He has added fuel to the fire implying he’s also been a “victim of domestic abuse” but he doesn’t say what that abuse was. He’s left that hanging in the air so people have naturally assumed she’s been physically abusive towards him too. You know those couples you sometimes see on a night out (I used to work in a pub and see it all the time) and they literally SCREAM at each other and tear each other apart (not physically), calling each other names and just being awful to one another - this is abusive and toxic, but it isn’t physical. Didn’t AB also cheat on Caroline when they were engaged and it all came out when she was in the middle of filming Love Island - like she literally had to go on and do a live show the day it had all been called off? He treated her like tit.

The CPS have said Caroline was later restrained on the ground after she flipped over a table and told police she would kill herself. Whatever she did to Lewis and her reasons for it, this woman was sick. Very sick. If she wasn’t a celebrity would she not have been sectioned/hospitalised immediately? Apparently she needed to be treated for 12 hours before she was in any position to be questioned. Maybe she intended to kill herself then and there on that night.

Sadly I’m just coming to the conclusion that she wanted to die. Her mind was made up. An ambulance had been sent out the day before and she’d managed to convince them she was fine, she had a friend staying with her who she also managed to convince she was fine. She would have known she had a limited window when that friend popped out to the shops, so it seems by that point her mind was resolutely made up.

Whatever her reasons were; what she did to Lewis, what she’d done to herself, the evidence of either/both, her own demons, however you look at it and whether you liked her or not, she was seriously mentally ill to the point, suicide was her decision. Nothing seemed worth carrying on for at that point and that is devastating. I can’t imagine getting to the point in my life where that is my only outcome.

Re the CPS/who’s to blame/celeb culture/be kind - I think if she continued down this path, she was bound to end up in the press/dead at some point either way. She needed help and she didn’t get it in time. She worked on one of the biggest TV shows in current times, of course she was going to be of public interest but was she really treated fairly when comparing her to Ant/Schofe? Ant hasn’t been pulled apart like this and Schofe is still on This Morning despite his seedy life being all over the internet. Innocent until proven guilty - her fate had been decided by the press as soon as they ran with the story the way they did. The Valentines Card/David Walliams etc they made light of it and trivialised it.

But I don’t think anyone person/outlet is culpable - she was ill. Her life was a mess. She obviously couldn’t find a way to fix it and this is the outcome.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
did caroline leave a note i wonder

anyhow.....in my opinion her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome of her prosecution and i feel it would have been a custodial sentence, hence her taking her life. cps do not prosecute on a whim. the solicitor would have gone through the evidence etc so they would have a pretty good idea of how it would pan out.

i think it was more likely that that pushed her over the edge rather than the press/social media ......press and media made her what she was after all
I disagree.
I think it was the threat of everything being made public from what went on that night.
with the abuse she had already suffered in “trial by media” I think it would have been even worse during the trial as it would all be played out for the world to see.

I feel very sad this morning and I did yesterday. Sad that she felt no other way out.
people have arguments everyday, sometimes they become heated. That doesn’t mean they’re bad people it just means that sometimes they make a bad decision in that moment. I am in no way making any excuses or trying to lessen anyone who has been through any type of DV. i just think it’s a shame everything was played out and she suffered so much online abuse and the media were so horrible about her. The sun have deleted all their articles relating to anything bad they said about her at the time! I bleeping hate that paper anyway!

also, have you all seen the fathers for justice page. He’s got some issues with women that need ironing out! Caroline flack hasn’t even got kids and he put her on his page.Kerry katona is calling him out about it.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree and I think your post and the one you responded to from @indescribe are really important for as many people as possible to see in this conversation.
We can’t create hierarchies of suffering - comparing suicide to cancer or sepsis is not relevant or helpful. It doesn’t make sense. Just like we aren’t about to compare cancer with sepsis either.

Admittedly I used to find suicide a hard one to understand too. Without personal experience it seems impossibly selfish when imagine the pain it leaves behind. But from talking to people, especially a close friend who was on the brink for close to a year, I see that severe mental illness messes up your brain chemistry and you don’t see the world like a healthy person.
So you can honestly believe friends and family don’t really love you. You honestly believe they would be better off without you. That’s how malignant and destructive an illness it is.
Totally agree with this. When CF said that when she reached out to someone they said she was draining. Having had severe depression in the past, anything anyone said to me I always spun everything as a negative because that at the time was my mindset. I’m not saying it hadn't been said to her, but in my situation even those that meant well and truly loved and cared for me tried to be positive, I always put a negative spin on everything.I never truly believed they were bothered at all. They were so loving, scared even, they were very concerned and supportive, I see that now I’m better. But only when the fog lifted.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Don’t post very regularly at all but read a lot of the threads.

I find what happened to Caroline a real tragedy.

The woman was clearly mentally ill. She was 40, not 16 - to still be checking her boyfriends phone obviously shows distrust in the relationship/her own deep insecurities about herself/their relationship.

The press (and I think the CPS confirmed) are reporting she inflicted injuries on herself - all that blood is allegedly hers. So did she upon searching her boyfriends phone and finding whatever she found - dick pics, texts, pictures with other girls - slash her wrists in front of him? Or throw the lamp at him to wake him then begin to slash her wrists as if to say, I can’t go on without you? Or look at what you’re doing to me - I would rather die than be without you. This behaviour in itself (if it was this - and the narrative certainly paints this picture) is truly disturbing. The relationship was toxic on both sides. Lewis definitely didn’t deserve to be hit but did he phone the police because he’d been caught cheating and knew it would ruin everything for her? And if not cheating - what was on his phone? I keep thinking she’s found his phone, called him out, thrown the lamp, he’s said he’ll call the police, she’s said no you’ll ruin everything for me, she’s started slashing her wrists and it’s all exploded. Not condoning any of the behaviour on either side - I think they’ve both reacted to one another at the time in an extreme way.

Re Andrew Brady - he’s been asked to sign a NDA, I bet loads of celebrities do this so they don’t get fucked over by their mates/boyfriends etc this prob isn’t out of the ordinary if you’re living in that world. He has added fuel to the fire implying he’s also been a “victim of domestic abuse” but he doesn’t say what that abuse was. He’s left that hanging in the air so people have naturally assumed she’s been physically abusive towards him too. You know those couples you sometimes see on a night out (I used to work in a pub and see it all the time) and they literally SCREAM at each other and tear each other apart (not physically), calling each other names and just being awful to one another - this is abusive and toxic, but it isn’t physical. Didn’t AB also cheat on Caroline when they were engaged and it all came out when she was in the middle of filming Love Island - like she literally had to go on and do a live show the day it had all been called off? He treated her like tit.

The CPS have said Caroline was later restrained on the ground after she flipped over a table and told police she would kill herself. Whatever she did to Lewis and her reasons for it, this woman was sick. Very sick. If she wasn’t a celebrity would she not have been sectioned/hospitalised immediately? Apparently she needed to be treated for 12 hours before she was in any position to be questioned. Maybe she intended to kill herself then and there on that night.

Sadly I’m just coming to the conclusion that she wanted to die. Her mind was made up. An ambulance had been sent out the day before and she’d managed to convince them she was fine, she had a friend staying with her who she also managed to convince she was fine. She would have known she had a limited window when that friend popped out to the shops, so it seems by that point her mind was resolutely made up.

Whatever her reasons were; what she did to Lewis, what she’d done to herself, the evidence of either/both, her own demons, however you look at it and whether you liked her or not, she was seriously mentally ill to the point, suicide was her decision. Nothing seemed worth carrying on for at that point and that is devastating. I can’t imagine getting to the point in my life where that is my only outcome.

Re the CPS/who’s to blame/celeb culture/be kind - I think if she continued down this path, she was bound to end up in the press/dead at some point either way. She needed help and she didn’t get it in time. She worked on one of the biggest TV shows in current times, of course she was going to be of public interest but was she really treated fairly when comparing her to Ant/Schofe? Ant hasn’t been pulled apart like this and Schofe is still on This Morning despite his seedy life being all over the internet. Innocent until proven guilty - her fate had been decided by the press as soon as they ran with the story the way they did. The Valentines Card/David Walliams etc they made light of it and trivialised it.

But I don’t think anyone person/outlet is culpable - she was ill. Her life was a mess. She obviously couldn’t find a way to fix it and this is the outcome.
there is limited info out there re Andrew Brady. But what is out there hints at the idea she’d threatened suicide in arguments.

I’ve had similar re my mum. It’s horrible. My mum did it to be cruel. She was in a hell pit, in hospital at the time. She was a genuine suicide risk, but that comment was designed to cut me. And to manipulate me. Thank god we’re through it now.

Who knows what happened. The whole thing is sad and a tragedy.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

I know whose account the middle one is 😂 I've also seen a few hashtags of the be kind Caroline flack and Mrs Hinch on people's posts.

there is limited info out there re Andrew Brady. But what is out there hints at the idea she’d threatened suicide in arguments.

I’ve had similar re my mum. It’s horrible. My mum did it to be cruel. She was in a hell pit, in hospital at the time. She was a genuine suicide risk, but that comment was designed to cut me. And to manipulate me. Thank god we’re through it now.

Who knows what happened. The whole thing is sad and a tragedy.
God that’s so sad, I’m so sorry you’ve been through that l.

I disagree.
I think it was the threat of everything being made public from what went on that night.
with the abuse she had already suffered in “trial by media” I think it would have been even worse during the trial as it would all be played out for the world to see.

I feel very sad this morning and I did yesterday. Sad that she felt no other way out.
people have arguments everyday, sometimes they become heated. That doesn’t mean they’re bad people it just means that sometimes they make a bad decision in that moment. I am in no way making any excuses or trying to lessen anyone who has been through any type of DV. i just think it’s a shame everything was played out and she suffered so much online abuse and the media were so horrible about her. The sun have deleted all their articles relating to anything bad they said about her at the time! I bleeping hate that paper anyway!

also, have you all seen the fathers for justice page. He’s got some issues with women that need ironing out! Caroline flack hasn’t even got kids and he put her on his page.Kerry katona is calling him out about it.
He's a bleeping vile scumbag that bloke. He was trying to highlight that domestic violence against men happens and wanted the most harshest sentence for Caroline.

He believes that there is no good enough reason for a man to be seperated or not see their child. If a man is accused of violence or threats towards an ex and contact is stopped that way, then he believes that the man isn't at fault because he was wound up by the woman. Any woman that comments is shot down and verbally abused for being a feminist when actually we should just know our place.

Some comments from his followers are just as scary. He has started on Megan and Harry too.

It's a shame because when he first atsrted fathers for justice he genuinely did help in some cases where dad's were being kept from their children out of pure spite but now, he actually seems to hate women.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
i don't think many on here understand domestic abuse and how it truly affects people

why was she allegedly so worried it would all come out at trial?? after all, she pleaded not guilty so would have nothing to worry about there.......would she??

mental health should not be used as an excuse or a reason for this.......no way should it....and should not be minimised as so many are trying to do.

the police had body cams and the 999 call itself is very telling.

and i speak with experience as i early died at the hands of my ex.....but the twit was mentally ill so he got all the sympathy,untill he did it to the next girlfriend (who i informed, and the next (who i also informed, and the third, who i also informed ) he finally ended up in prison after affecting 4 women lives and 8 children between us

so i have zero sympathy fo domestic abusers

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Wow. Her PT is still posting stuff.
“We all know how gorgeous she was for a woman of her age”
He’s also implying she told him a lot of stuff. What is his agenda??

He needs to stop. Seriously, her family don’t need this shite written about her.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Firstly to be sectioned you have to be very very unwell (though she sounds like she was) and you need to have understanding of the system as it sounds like perhaps she was fooling people into thinking she was fine. When you’ve seen it once I think it’s easy to say to professionals that what they are seeing is an act but it may have been everyone’s first time with someone who needs urgent mental health treatment. Regarding the charges, I have worked in criminal law and to be fit for interview simply means you need to be of sound mind to understand the questions, the nature of the crime you’ve been arrested for and be able to answer questions. Again if you know the system as soon as you call 999 and say you’ve been assaulted in a domestic incident the power is taken out of you’re hands. I have had partners begging officers to ‘drop the charges’ but it is indeed in the public interest to pursue it because if they didn’t and she had killed him massive questions would be raised. As soon as he said she’d assaulted him in a call that’s all the evidence they need for a conviction, that and bodycam footage. Lots of abusers have serious mental health issues, maybe this was a one off but could the police chance it when it’s their job to protect people have been heavily criticised in the past?? She should have been sectioned as soon as they saw the self harm injuries but the system is on its knees and unless you know how to work it they’ll treat you at home.

Reactions: 11
The whole thing is a sorry mess. I do think it's desperately sad and shocking that anyone feels driven to take their own life, and I think that's the case regardless of how good or bad a person was.

What I have not liked is the way this has been treated after her death, mostly by other celebrities and public figures, who are whipping up a frenzy of blame towards the media, 'online trolls', the CPS, the Police etc. I don't believe the media or trolls 'killed her.' She was clearly a very troubled figure. She had been in the public eye, she knew how the circus works. Does it make it right for people to troll online, or for the media to write salacious and overblown nasty stories? No absolutely not. But she could choose not to engage in that space - you don't need to look at social media, or read the papers. And whilst I think that being needlessly cruel or spiteful to someone is absolutely awful - I don't think that means people shouldn't be called out for their behaviour, or protected from criticism just because they are in the public eye - in fact I think it's important that they are.

I believe the problem is not the 'media' or Love Island or ITV (and by the way I also don't think there's any evidence that ITV treated her differently to Ant McPartlin - they both 'stepped away' from their roles, and statements were made that she would be welcomed back. Not to mention that in a normal role if you were charged with assault then you'd probably be sacked outright. She, of anyone, had more support, and also many more resources to get help for herself than most people.) There is a problem with celebrity culture. People who achieve fame get extremely heightened levels of adulation - from their fans and also those who surround them - their managers etc. They're cosseted and kept in a bubble, where I believe they become addicted to the attention, but also start to lose touch with reality, and believe their own hype. That blinds them and makes them unable to cope with criticism, and of course the nasty underside of trolling makes it also easy to dismiss any negative commentary as 'nasty trolls.' So instead of living in a balanced world in the middle, it becomes a world of extremes where they're only able to accept the 'positivity bubble' as their reality.

Then when you're in that heightened, superficial circle, they're desperate to hang on to it and terrified of losing it - no wonder so many turn to plastic surgery, crazy diets - and of course drink and drugs.

And the circus that has happened since she died just continues the cycle. The hypocrisy is rife. I saw Amber from Love Island 2019 post a 'heartfelt tribute' to CF on her Instagram stories - she's devastated, heartbroken etc. Then just a few hours later she posts a picture of a gift she's been sent by a PR company 'thanks soooo much, this has really cheered me up'. Clearly she then got a hard time over it because her next story was super defensive and saying that the people criticising her were the problem and the reason CF killed herself. Absolutely zero self reflection on the appropriateness of posting about a freebie and stating that it's 'cheered you up' when someone you apparently considered a friend has just died.

And the same is true of many others, who are all posting as if this is an external occurrence caused by others, and only because people were mean - rather than acknowledging that she clearly had a lot of difficulties.

Yes it's very sad that she committed suicide, but that doesn't make her a saint. And I don't for a second think that people should be slating her in the aftermath of her death, but I also don't believe they should be rewriting history, painting her as a perfect individual who was forced to her death and who shouldn't have been accused or charged with the crime, just because she was famous, or because she had MH issues.

Where do you even stop then if that becomes your argument? You start to create a world where famous people are above the law, or people can get away with committing terrible crimes if they are at risk of self harming. Or that people should not be called out or criticised for their actions. There needs to be checks and balances on everything. If I was to change that 'be kind' quote, I would replace it with 'be fair.' And fair means a reasonable balance - people should and need to be called out on poor actions, but should they be trolled, bullied and lied about? No.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
God that’s so sad, I’m so sorry you’ve been through that l.
its fine. It was horrible at the time, but both of us are through it now.

Also had to deal with an abusive partner of hers that she couldn’t / wouldn’t get rid of. Or even recognise initially was dangerously abusuve. He left eventually after lots of threats and acts of his own. But she’d reply to his messages and act a part as felt only way to stop him doing something - at the time that just meant the police action I’d started kept being abandoned.

Its all a life lesson. Just sharing as unless you’ve been through some of this it’s hard to understand or see different perspectives or little details.,

Reactions: 1
As someone who works for CPS, I have seen too many DV cases cross my desk. They would not have gone forward with the case, celebrity or not, if they didn’t have substantial evidence to make their case. I’ve seen one too many DV case slip through my fingers due to a technicality.

That being said, I feel dreadfully sorry that she felt that this was her only option.

Her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome but that being said, I would have been incredibly surprised if it had been a custodial sentence. Hefty fine, an injunction to stay away from the boyfriend and a suspended sentence is more what I would lean too.
It is really annoying me what the press are writing about this case. There would have been no jury and there’s absolutely no way she was going to prison (I also work in criminal law). And if she was told either of those things maybe she had awful representation! It’s so so sad.

Reactions: 1
I deleted myself from Facebook over a year ago and so many people were horrified, thinking I’d had some great drama. Truth was, I mindlessly scrolled it for hours and got disproportionately annoyed by petty things that people posted. I haven’t missed it one bit. Same with Twitter, I’ll look for something deliberately otherwise I just leave it unopened.

Im a massive instagram and YouTube fiend tho, but have recently tried to wean down to accounts that are about my hobbies and interests than “lifestyle” stuff.

You have more time without social media and definitely more content with yourself. It’s incredibly toxic. We need to stop living vicariously.
I have a friend, (an old school friend who I reconnected with), who vanished from Facebook sometime ago. To this day I still worry about the reasons why. He was a prolific poster and always great fun but just vanished. I have no means of contacting him but still worry he's ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

God this really sums the problem up doesn’t it. I despair!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.