Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fearne 'bleedin' Cotton making it all about her and throwing in her beef with the press. Jesus.
Wow. Actually name checking her brand multiple times, ending with a final advert for this weeks show... That's hideous.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I’m sick of seeing on Twitter everyone saying the media killed her. Ok it might have been a factor but there wouldn’t have been just one reason and we will probably never know. On the daily mail today it says she was dreading the trail and something to do with a video but how do they know this

Reactions: 8
I’m sick of seeing on Twitter everyone saying the media killed her. Ok it might have been a factor but there wouldn’t have been just one reason and we will probably never know. On the daily mail today it says she was dreading the trail and something to do with a video but how do they know this
I’m amazed the narrative is being pushed to be the media. Emma Kenny (from TM) has decided it’s trolls.

Reactions: 3
Watching GMB , no Lorraine today thank the good lord, it’s Richard MaDaley. I have to say I have not seen real genuine upset over the death of a celeb for a long time.

Reactions: 2
It was reported the bodycam footage showed her flipping over a table and saying she would kill herself. There’s possibly a whole lot more that we aren’t privy to, she was clearly out of control/ under the influence. I can totally sympathise that she would be dreading the publicity of a trial and her personal life being out in show.
ETA this post was in response to an earlier question, but I forgot to quote it in my response!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
This!!! Why can’t the argument be “don’t use instagram” if you’re in the spotlight. The easiest way to avoid “trolls” and criticism is to ditch your phone. But oh wait, none of these influencers will do that because it’s their cash cow. It’s a depressing cycle of tit that won’t end because they need social media platforms to make money. I saw on Saturday Davina McCall posted that she “would be quiet on social media” for a few hours. A few hours?! That’s it?? She’s a middle aged woman with kids and that’s all she could manage. Until we start to see established names ditching social media OR just refusing to engage with criticism, we will get nowhere.

We go on holiday for 5 weeks a year, all at different times, the longest being two weeks together and I never take my phone. I've had people we've met on holiday offer to lend me theirs while I'm sat by the pool or in the pub etc and they seem horrified that I don't have it, "because your whole life is on there, how do you cope"

On a day to day basis, I can take or leave it. I can't have my phone on me during the day because of work and this seems to cause others mass anxiety when I don't reply to a text straightaway. Sometimes my battery goes flat and I don't realise.

Social media is 100 % harming society as we know it and gives people a massive sense of ego inflating and entitlement and usually with. It very good outcomes.

I sound like my mother now but I long for the days again where we had no Internet, life seemed less stressful. Ironic considering all this tech is meant to make life easier

• Heart
Reactions: 35

We go on holiday for 5 weeks a year, all at different times, the longest being two weeks together and I never take my phone. I've had people we've met on holiday offer to lend me theirs while I'm sat by the pool or in the pub etc and they seem horrified that I don't have it, "because your whole life is on there, how do you cope"

On a day to day basis, I can take or leave it. I can't have my phone on me during the day because of work and this seems to cause others mass anxiety when I don't reply to a text straightaway. Sometimes my battery goes flat and I don't realise.

Social media is 100 % harming society as we know it and gives people a massive sense of ego inflating and entitlement and usually with. It very good outcomes.

I sound like my mother now but I long for the days again where we had no Internet, life seemed less stressful. Ironic considering all this tech is meant to make life easier
I deleted myself from Facebook over a year ago and so many people were horrified, thinking I’d had some great drama. Truth was, I mindlessly scrolled it for hours and got disproportionately annoyed by petty things that people posted. I haven’t missed it one bit. Same with Twitter, I’ll look for something deliberately otherwise I just leave it unopened.

Im a massive instagram and YouTube fiend tho, but have recently tried to wean down to accounts that are about my hobbies and interests than “lifestyle” stuff.

You have more time without social media and definitely more content with yourself. It’s incredibly toxic. We need to stop living vicariously.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m shocked that people are blaming the CPS. Obviously it’s very sad but you can’t stop the CPS from pursuing DV cases because those being prosecuted might be suicidal?
Blaming the CPS is so harmful for DV victims who already struggle to come forward or even get a conviction when they do come forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m shocked that people are blaming the CPS. Obviously it’s very sad but you can’t stop the CPS from pursuing DV cases because those being prosecuted might be suicidal?
Blaming the CPS is so harmful for DV victims who already struggle to come forward or even get a conviction when they do come forward.
the more I’ve thought and read about this, the CPS is right. They had evidence for a prosecution, it was the guidelines, and something like this should be prosecuted. No matter what the victim says if it’s appropriate to the circumstances.

the more uncomfortable question is was guidelines over suicide/ self harm risk followed. What risk assessment was done, and was it updated.

From the night from emerging reports it seems she harmed herself, possibly deliberately. Cut her wrists, had to go to hospital. She then said I’ll kill myself to police.

Her posts on social media recently have been veiled with trouble. Her previous interviews too. Previous call outs by emergency services by former partners re self harm concerns.,

plus the latest, an ambulance yesterday.

the threshold for section is key, but not too high either. I’ve had family go through it.

it’s more, when they were risk assessing the boyfriend, at the trial they called it downgraded from high to medium. What about her? Her state of mind was a fact of the night and brought up in court if only briefly.

it shouldn’t stop a prosecution but should there have been a plan?

There may well have been one, but she fought past it and out of scrutiny. People don’t like being in enforced medical care really.

Reactions: 8
Exactly! And imagine if CPS did nothing, she hadn’t taken her own life and it happened again, another DV incident and someone was seriously injured? All hell would break lose. Sadly I’ve seen that happen first hand in cases that don’t involve celebrities. Nobody wins, someone is always going to be blamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
did caroline leave a note i wonder

anyhow.....in my opinion her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome of her prosecution and i feel it would have been a custodial sentence, hence her taking her life. cps do not prosecute on a whim. the solicitor would have gone through the evidence etc so they would have a pretty good idea of how it would pan out.

i think it was more likely that that pushed her over the edge rather than the press/social media ......press and media made her what she was after all

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As someone who works for CPS, I have seen too many DV cases cross my desk. They would not have gone forward with the case, celebrity or not, if they didn’t have substantial evidence to make their case. I’ve seen one too many DV case slip through my fingers due to a technicality.

That being said, I feel dreadfully sorry that she felt that this was her only option.

did caroline leave a note i wonder

anyhow.....in my opinion her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome of her prosecution and i feel it would have been a custodial sentence, hence her taking her life. cps do not prosecute on a whim. the solicitor would have gone through the evidence etc so they would have a pretty good idea of how it would pan out.

i think it was more likely that that pushed her over the edge rather than the press/social media ......press and media made her what she was after all
Her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome but that being said, I would have been incredibly surprised if it had been a custodial sentence. Hefty fine, an injunction to stay away from the boyfriend and a suspended sentence is more what I would lean too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
As someone who works for CPS, I have seen too many DV cases cross my desk. They would not have gone forward with the case, celebrity or not, if they didn’t have substantial evidence to make their case. I’ve seen one too many DV case slip through my fingers due to a technicality.

That being said, I feel dreadfully sorry that she felt that this was her only option.

Her solicitor would have advised her of the probable outcome but that being said, I would have been incredibly surprised if it had been a custodial sentence. Hefty fine, an injunction to stay away from the boyfriend and a suspended sentence is more what I would lean too.
DA is one of those crimes, like rape and paedophilia, that are impossible to come back from. Once convicted, a person is ostracised to the fringes of society. Their lives are effectively over. It’s most likely the despair of how society punishes such a crime that tipped her over the edge. There’s no compassion, no way back.

Reactions: 2
i think there was already an injunction in place, hence no contact allowed with boyfriend. bail conditions but possibly an injunction there also?

Reactions: 1
I deleted myself from Facebook over a year ago and so many people were horrified, thinking I’d had some great drama. Truth was, I mindlessly scrolled it for hours and got disproportionately annoyed by petty things that people posted. I haven’t missed it one bit. Same with Twitter, I’ll look for something deliberately otherwise I just leave it unopened.

Im a massive instagram and YouTube fiend tho, but have recently tried to wean down to accounts that are about my hobbies and interests than “lifestyle” stuff.

You have more time without social media and definitely more content with yourself. It’s incredibly toxic. We need to stop living vicariously.
I deleted FB about 5 year back best thing i did, especially when my OH shows me the crap thats on there now on his

Reactions: 7

I’m glad you guys have a zero tolerance policy for DV! Where there is evidence, people need to prosecuted to protect the victims and stop this happening again. I can imagine that so many victims withdraw their statements (like Lewis did) in these cases, whether it’s through fear or manipulation so of course they needed to go ahead with the case.
Im seeing a lot of “they should have dropped the case once he withdrew his statement” - I don’t agree

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm so fed up of idiots that don't have two brain cells to rub together saying because the victim didn't want to prosecute the CPS should have dropped it. No, no, no, no, no! It doesn't work like that, quite rightly as the professionals need to do what's in the public interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m glad you guys have a zero tolerance policy for DV! Where there is evidence, people need to prosecuted to protect the victims and stop this happening again. I can imagine that so many victims withdraw their statements (like Lewis did) in these cases, whether it’s through fear or manipulation so of course they needed to go ahead with the case.
Im seeing a lot of “they should have dropped the case once he withdrew his statement” - I don’t agree
I think that is what a lot of people assume - withdraw the statement and the case is dropped, however a statement will never be enough alone. It helps a great deal, and I’ve had statements make my cases but you still need the evidence to substantiate it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.