Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just incredibly sad and tragic. In that moment she must of felt so desperate, hurt and alone. No one should ever feel that way.

I hope her family and friends have access to the right support through this. The support Caroline needed. Some of the messages her boyfriend are receiving on his posts are absolutely disgusting.

Mental health is so complex and a build up of so many factors in that persons life if not dealt with becomes so heavy for them. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Strange that these z listers who are gushing "be kind" didn't seem to be around for her when she was going through the worst of this scandal she was embroiled in. I believe Russell Brand persuaded her to get away to LA and get some therapy which she did but nobody else seemed to stand by her. She had a non celeb with her the day she died so she must have been a loyal friend, I wonder if CF persuaded her to go out and do some shopping for her so that she could kill herself?

• Sad
@Clemmieinwonderlust and for all others wondering, the current contestants on Love Island have NOT yet been told according to the link below. I think they definitely need to be, it's been more that 24 hours now and feels like it's being ignored. She was the normal host of the show and purely out of respect for her.

I believe the contestants in previous series were told about Mike and Sophie off air. the final is also still going ahead on 23rd Feb according to the article.

I doubt LI will be axed but I think they may rest it for a year and not air the summer series.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I wonder if she had been in the US and behaved like she supposedly did when the police turned up and when she was arrested, would she have have had what they call a 5150 in the US, like they did to Kanye West and Trisha Paytas. She basically would have been committed for 24 to 72 hours, because she was a danger to others and herself, whether that is a good or bad thing who knows. But it’s possible the police may have come down much harder on her in the US and in the process, made her get the psyche treatment she needed. But obviously CPS were acting on information from the police, that she was a danger to others and needed to be separated from her bf and to proceed with the trial.

She could have volunteered to check herself into The Priory or gone and got therapy, she could have gotten the best support money can buy. Even if she didn’t want to go to the Priory specifically, she could have gone to some kind of a retreat centre abroad to get away from it all, people that rich can get away from their circumstances and get the best help money can buy, unlike ordinary people.
Police here can inforce a section 136 which is the same thing as 5150.

Reactions: 4
Oh I know with the suicide thing but it’s the depression/BPD/anxiety people are throwing out I can’t see where it came from aside from her own actions with smashing the guy with a lamp while he slept x

Sure, but were there concerns before it all came out about the abuse?
I'm not sure why you or anyone else needed to be aware of it for it to count. I've had events in my childhood that have caused mental health issues but I haven't shouted it from the roof tops or told everyone that I met. So maybe just because Caroline didn't publicise her mental health issues/do a tell all interview, it doesn't mean she wasn't struggling with something. She quite clearly was.

Reactions: 9
Yes!

Instead of "be kind" it should be... #takeyourmedication #seeadoctor #logoutofsocialmedia #turnyourphoneoff

Actual things that can help a person suffering, rather than how to treat them while letting them suffer
This!!! Why can’t the argument be “don’t use instagram” if you’re in the spotlight. The easiest way to avoid “trolls” and criticism is to ditch your phone. But oh wait, none of these influencers will do that because it’s their cash cow. It’s a depressing cycle of tit that won’t end because they need social media platforms to make money. I saw on Saturday Davina McCall posted that she “would be quiet on social media” for a few hours. A few hours?! That’s it?? She’s a middle aged woman with kids and that’s all she could manage. Until we start to see established names ditching social media OR just refusing to engage with criticism, we will get nowhere.

Reactions: 24
I'm not sure why you or anyone else needed to be aware of it for it to count. I've had events in my childhood that have caused mental health issues but I haven't shouted it from the roof tops or told everyone that I met. So maybe just because Caroline didn't publicise her mental health issues/do a tell all interview, it doesn't mean she wasn't struggling with something. She quite clearly was.
I haven’t said it doesn’t count. I’m wondering why nothing came up in the media - these things only seem to come out once this happens. It was a genuine question not sarcastic speculation

Reactions: 1
We don't know how she committed suicide , she might have done something hoping her friend would come back from the shop and find her . It might have been a cry for help that went terribly wrong ....

Reactions: 7
To actually go and commit suicide is extremely difficult. As someone who has been extremely suicidal and came so close to taking their own life, I couldn't do it. I was scared stiff. For Caroline and many other people who have committed suicide, they can't see a way out for their pain, suicide is the only solution. They will be enduring their darkest days, having suffered with pain to their death. Cancer and sepsis are physical illnesses, don't try to minimise the pain of someone mentally just because it isn't visible, it is uncalled for.
This is what I’ve been thinking since I first heard. The fact that her friend just ‘popped to the shops’ means she must have done something very quickly. I’m not pretending to know lots about the ins and outs of it all, how she was feeling or her situation, but My immediate thought when it happened was that she had taken a load of tablets/drugs etc and sometimes I know this can be a cry for help which sometimes does or doesn’t work. She must have done something very quickly and with great intent and this really upsets me. I have no experience with mh but can’t stop feeling so sad for her. The fact that the emergency services checked her over the day before must mean that she was at risk. Was her friend staying over with her? She must have thought that if the professionals are happy then it’s ok for me to nip to the shops. So very sad!

Reactions: 10
Kerry Katona has shown messages on Instagram between herself and Caroline over Christmas where Caroline was asking for help on how to deal with fathers4justice who were sending hate to Caroline. Kerry had the same from when when her ex husband died .
Say what you want about Kerry Katona but those messages to Caroline were truly trying to help her get through it

Reactions: 32
I think she was off her rocker on coke when she attacked him. She was well known to indulge in substances and frankly I think 20 years of “partying” around London catches up. No one I know who regularly uses recreational drugs is balanced.

Reactions: 16
I think she was off her rocker on coke when she attacked him. She was well known to indulge in substances and frankly I think 20 years of “partying” around London catches up. No one I know who regularly uses recreational drugs is balanced.
They drug tested her that night and it was negative

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I find it sad that people only started to give a duck about Caroline (the famous folk who knew her personally) after she died. She could have done with you when she was alive.

Stephanie Ehhhhm Davis, “using her platform to gain awareness for Caroline” - more like Stephanie Ehhhhm Davis using Caroline’s death to gain a bigger social platform. Ehhhhhm greedy, self serving narcissist.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Stephanie Ehhhhm Davis, “using her platform to gain awareness for Caroline” - more like Stephanie Ehhhhm Davis using Caroline’s death to gain a bigger social platform. Ehhhhhm greedy, self serving narcissist.
She's feasting on it all and loving the attention. Why does she say she's going to parliament? She's dreaming of the press she'll get going to Westminster and all the interviews she's booking thanks to this. Horrible women.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d wondered on the previous thread if a male (alleged) perpetrator of domestic abuse would prompt the mourning Caroline’s passing has generated.
However I’ve been thinking about it. As we’ve seen with men across the public domain who have been involved in domestic abuse scandals, I can’t think of many who were subject to nearly as much vitriol as Caroline Flack and let’s face it, nowhere near as many men have faced any consequences from their actions.
Justin Lee Collins was pretty much annihilated and never recovered his career.

Reactions: 13
I find it so fake how all these zlebs are pushing this "be kind" message across, but on the other hand they can't win. If a celeb posts without acknowledging Flack's sad passing, it would be Celeb A is so tasteless for paying no respects. Nobody can win these days, just like the CPS can't. If they didn't go ahead, it would be sexist and where is the equality, so they chose to and now it's their fault that she died.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.