Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They said they were sad to see her go and that they would welcome her back apparently in their statement. ITV shouldn't have to hold the hand of their staff and parent them and be responsible.

Why are people constantly trying to shift the blame? The media, the CPS, ITV... when the only person to blame for all of this in the first place is Caroline and her actions.
^^this. Absolutely.

This was no one else's fault. Not her employers, not her friends or family. It's easy to blame someone, anyone. But that's not fair.

Yes maybe some of the reporting around the charges was too intrusive, too inflammatory. But if the alternative is it gets swept under the carpet...that's no better. Should the press not have reported it because it was 'probably' a one off and she didn't mean it?

The alleged DV incident was reported not by a nosy or prying neighbour, but by her boyfriend. In that moment he was worried enough for his safety to phone 999. I don't think this was just her throwing an item in his direction in temper. Let's not minimise violent actions under this blanket of being kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
All these z listers using someone's passing for their own agenda, with the exception of a few Laura Whitmore etc.

Had she faced a court case, it was more than likely, certain negative things would have come out into public domain.. Release of 999 call, bodycam footage, previous alleged abuse of partners etc etc plus the loss of a TV career

Those z listers would have fled faster than rats leaving a sinking ship.

I feel sorry for Lewis Burton. Poor man could have lost his own life by getting hit over the head, whilst sleeping, with a lamp and now will be left, like all victims of domestic violence, with a sense of guilt. Poor, poor man.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Did anyone notice craig david didn't post anything, usually he jumps on a bandwagon. Guy really holds a grudge.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Very informative insight from a Barrister particularly relevant to CF's situation is this part-

As a prosecution and defence barrister, I see frequently how, save in cases where an accused has severe mental health problems that impact upon the legalities of the trial process, there is little consideration for the impact of proceedings upon a defendant’s welfare.

Rarely is it acknowledged how the strain of the criminal process - whether the allegation is true or not - can affect a person. Can break a person. And this lack of care pervades not only the system, but our society.

And let's not forget that the stress of a trial is bad enough for the average person, but CF being a famous celebrity would have meant the papers/TV cameras/paps hounding her everyday and exposing all her private details over the front pages and social media. I can't imagine having to go through that very public humiliation and intrusion, especially if I was suffering depression and other mental health issues.

This should all have been taken into account by the CPS when deciding whether to prosecute, but it sounds like they either overlooked her mental health issues or didn't take them seriously enough.
With all due respect, you clearly dont understand how the criminal justice system works.

If the CPS were duty bound to not prosecute anyone whose mental health was fragile, then a lot of awfully serious offenders would remain untouchable. That clearly cannot be desirable. Depression and anxiety are a point of mitigation, not a defence. It would influence her sentence rather than mean there was no public interest in prosecuting at all. The point of that barrister's post was that there needs to be more safeguards in the system to help manage defendant's stress levels - avoiding undue delays before going to trial, press restrictions etc...not that Flack shouldn't have been charged at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ffs, people now saying that Love Island should be cancelled. It wasn’t the show that caused this for gods sake. Talk about bandwagon jumping

Reactions: 10
It’s such a sad reflection of society that celebs post photos of themselves in their tributes to dead people.

Just look at almost all the old Islanders posting photos they’ve found on Google of Caroline where they’re in it.

Anton and Joe from last year are the worst I’ve seen - literally used blurry screenshots from Aftersun. Amber (old Amber) has a Getty watermark over hers. How hard is it to go find a nice photo of Caroline by herself.

I’d love someone to explain to me why they need to be in the photo because it just screams “hey look at me I knew the dead woman!”. It’s not even like they’re good friends and sharing special memories.
I thought Alex, the one who was the Dr, did a lovely tribute on his Instagram but then he's always been my favourite love island contestant.

Reactions: 6
Ffs, people now saying that Love Island should be cancelled. It wasn’t the show that caused this for gods sake. Talk about bandwagon jumping
How many people have commit suicide from that programme? 2 wasn't it? Surely it should have been cancelled when ex contestants started commuting suicide

The only people I feel sorry for are her family and friends left behind. Having lost a child of my own unexpectedly, I can categorically tell you that you never get over that. The pain you have to carry for the rest of your life.

Im not a fan of Caroline’s, or love island etc but celebs and people in the public eye are not above the law. Allegedly, she made a huge mistake and was violent towards her BF and lost her job as a consequence of her actions. Which, is exactly how it should’ve been handled, there’s no way ITV could’ve ignored her behaviour and allowed to continue in her job. Those blaming ITV for her suicide, need to give their heads a wobble, itv were also not obliged to support her in any way after her sacking and tit behaviour.
if you were sacked from your job, would you expect your employer to support you?! No!!

The only other point I will make here is to point out the massive hypocrisy on social media in light of her suicide, lots of celebs and people ‘shocked’ and ‘saddened’ and posting about how she will be missed. Where were all these people ‘supporting’ her during her troubled last few months?! It’s been well documented her mental health was suffering. So why were they not supporting her then!

• Sad
Reactions: 23
So many unanswered questions.

Why didn’t she go to the shop with her friend?

Why was she accompanied in her home, may just popping in for a coffee yeah..

Why didn’t she seek any advice - if we are unaware.

Why did the boyfriend approach her on IG when she wasn’t allowed any contact?Did she feel she would be blamed for it when it wasn’t even her own fault?

Did she do what she did on impulse - Was the suicide an accident?
Why are you asking why she was accompanied in her flat?! She's allowed to have her friends round and maybe she needed the support of that friend after finding out the trial would be taking place.

Her friend wasn't to know she would then end her life

What about all of the good stories that were printed about her....for her beauty etc? Rough with the smooth. Unless her boyfriend was lying and she hadn’t physically attacked him. Then he’s a time waster but something happened that night and apparently her ex boyfriend insinuates there were more revelations to come. Not denying it’s so very sad and feel wholeheartedly sorry for her dear family and friends.
I'm assuming that there would have been more stuff coming out about what really happened and she couldn't handle the thought of that.

After thinking about her today, maybe, just maybe, he also turned on her and she didn't want people turning on him?

Weve heard she attacked him while he was sleeping with a lamp and an ex has said she was violent to him but we still don't know how he responded or whether he indeed started it.

Maybe I'm just over thinking because we will never know the truth.

The only people I feel sorry for are her family and friends left behind. Having lost a child of my own unexpectedly, I can categorically tell you that you never get over that. The pain you have to carry for the rest of your life.

Im not a fan of Caroline’s, or love island etc but celebs and people in the public eye are not above the law. Allegedly, she made a huge mistake and was violent towards her BF and lost her job as a consequence of her actions. Which, is exactly how it should’ve been handled, there’s no way ITV could’ve ignored her behaviour and allowed to continue in her job. Those blaming ITV for her suicide, need to give their heads a wobble, itv were also not obliged to support her in any way after her sacking and tit behaviour.
if you were sacked from your job, would you expect your employer to support you?! No!!

The only other point I will make here is to point out the massive hypocrisy on social media in light of her suicide, lots of celebs and people ‘shocked’ and ‘saddened’ and posting about how she will be missed. Where were all these people ‘supporting’ her during her troubled last few months?! It’s been well documented her mental health was suffering. So why were they not supporting her then!
To be fair, proper, real friends wouldn't be supporting her via social media, it would be done privately.

Not like the grief thief's out in full force literally seconds after the news broke and who are all today back with their swipe ups and sales.

Last edited:

She didn’t get the sack she chose to stand down from her position as she wasn’t sure how the trial was going to turn out

Reactions: 4
Is the friend who was with her yesterday mollie grosberg??? She posted a tribute on her insta saying how she kissed her head yesterday for the last time?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Caroline Flack's boyfriend reveals his pain after her death

#

Ambulance services were apparently called out for a welfare check on Friday evening. Such a sad, sorry situation all round.

I think journalists/media/social media has a lot to answer for - she was hounded in the months following the DV arrest up until her death. I am NOT condemning what CF done - DV is NOT acceptable in any circumstances.

Clearly, something happened that night for CPS to press charges despite the victim not wanting to. Whether this was a one-off, isolated incident or something that had occurred previously we don’t (and probably never will) know. I don’t think CPS can be blamed for the situation - nobody is above the law, and they obviously had enough evidence to decide to proceed with a case against CF.

However, what I will say, is the media HOUNDED her daily in the days, weeks and months following the incident. That was unnecessary and will most likely not have helped her mental health. She always seemed like a fragile, vulnerable person who had quite a hectic private life. Constant harassment in recent months would not have helped her situation/mental health.

It’s disgusting the amount of ‘celebrities’ now coming out in support of CF and ‘grieving’ her death - where were these people over the past few months?

What’s worrying, is what was the tipping point here? The worry of an impending court case and what would potentially become public knowledge? The fear of CF celebrity status coming to an end - jobs, opportunities, showbiz circles etc? It just seems very odd that this happened on the day she found out the trial would go ahead.

Reactions: 10
But how do you know the blood wasn’t hers?? It’s been reported that it was his and other reports say hers. Goes back to the statement that the logical amongst is are making - unless you were there, you don’t know!
SHE wasn't taken to hospital from the scene. If she had injuries enough to cause copious amounts of blood loss then she'd have been taken to hospital instead of the poilce station.She was only taken to hospital after she kicked off at the cop shop and tipped up the cop table ... which the cops would have to do (take her to hospital) to avoid them getting blamed in case she'd done herself an injury flipping the table in their gaff.
The guy was treated by paramedics at the scene and refused the offer of going to hospital. Caroline wasn't and I assume the paramedics know their job.
It's horrific that she's killed herself but it doesn't erase that she's done bad things in her life.She was flawed, as we all are.

Reactions: 8
Such incredibly sad news. Any time someone thinks suicide is the only way out is a tragedy because things always get better.

The social media outpouring after a celebrity death is something that has always made me uncomfortable. People want to jump on a bandwagon, lots of z listers trying to establish what connection they had to her etc I find it hard to read.

I appreciate that people want to pay their respects but somehow it all becomes a circus. I’ve seen the bf has been posting on social media - if I were to lose my partner I can’t see myself picking up my phone for a long time or wanting to go on social media. But I suppose everyone is different!

Very sad for her family, I know from her posts that she had a sister and a niece - she must have been in a very bad place to want to leave her family. Not saying she’s a saint - just that it’s very very sad that she felt the need to take her own life.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.