Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like many have said above, all of the disingenuous z-listers (I'm looking at you, Lauren Goodger) make me realise how vacuous we've become as a society as a whole- posting empty words on Instagram for likes. I hope her ex-boyfriend is getting all the support he needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Interesting to note that her career was built on reality TV and gossiping about salacious details on folk.... she made a lot of money out of doing this. She wasn't struggling in Tescos stacking shelves- she could have left the spotlight and cracked on with something else if she fell out of love with it. I don't know why folk were surprised that her antics hit the same media she played up to (remember when she was dating Harry Styles when he was 17?). Suicide is ALWAYS a tragedy- but the media is not to blame.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This has shaken me tbh. Maybe because we each had our 40ths within a fortnight and it feels like the loss of a peer.

I didn't really follow her career, but she always reminded me that age is but a number, and rocked her tiny shorts and sequinned minis in a way I could but dream of, as I had my third child within 4 years 😂

Suicide has touched my family and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, anybody in the world.

I think she was an amazingly talented lady, a natural presenter, but also a born singer and dancer...and after having the world at her feet for years, starting to shine in other projects (stint in the west end) knew that the likelihood was everything would turn to dust.

She must have been a deeply insecure and troubled individual, who desperately needed professional help as well as support, understanding and love. She seemed to look for that in the wrong places...young at heart, going for younger guys who maybe weren't fully committed and she'd get heartbroken every time. (In no way defending her, just ruminating.)

RIP Caroline. Apologies for the DM link but I think she looks so happy here, beautifully singing her heart out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/t...roline-Flack-sings-Little-Mermaids-World.html Get the MailOnline App: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/mobile

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I read on a friend's face book page that she went to the same high school as his daughter ,and made her school life hell through being a bully.she was clearly very troubled from a young age. If you're a bully there's clearly something lacking .....
That is awful , i hate bullies. if that is true then i feel less sympathy for her, even though she was at school she was old enough to know bullying is wrong . all bullies are cowards so no wonder she was desperate for her case to be dropped , couldn't face the consequences of her actions ? that being said, it is very sad , and i feel sorry for her having mental health problems . hope she is at peace now.

Reactions: 2
That is awful , i hate bullies. if that is true then i feel less sympathy for her, even though she was at school she was old enough to know bullying is wrong . all bullies are cowards so no wonder she was desperate for her case to be dropped , couldn't face the consequences of her actions ? that being said, it is very sad , and i feel sorry for her having mental health problems . hope she is at peace now.
I can imagine her being a bully and leading a gang of girls and picking on vulnerable, less pretty or even the clever girls. As I have said on this forum in the past I am sorry she went into a dark place and could not see a way out but I never liked her. The outpouring of slush from the z listers is horrible as they probably revelled in her embarrassment regarding this case and no doubt were gleefully looking forward to the trial. Caroline was no saint and she would no doubt be just as gleeful if it was anybody else.

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but people can be angry with my previous comment. But why did he try and contact her fully well knowing she wasn’t allowed to respond?

Reactions: 7
Its this type of response from the celeb world makes me want to vom

They want to blame the media.... fair enough, but why stop pontificating there unless....... OH thats right you and your boyfriend make a fortune from the show.... so of course it wont be the shows problem, lets totally forget Sophie Gradon and Mike Thalassitis

I would have more respect for Laura Whitmore asking a real question like why was Caroline totally abandoned for the week when her life fell to complete sh*t and where was all this support she was supposed to have got.
100% agree god I really hope it’s the end of that awful bloody show Love Island and Laura and her bf making obscene amounts of money from that trash.

Reactions: 6
SHE wasn't taken to hospital from the scene. If she had injuries enough to cause copious amounts of blood loss then she'd have been taken to hospital instead of the poilce station.She was only taken to hospital after she kicked off at the cop shop and tipped up the cop table ... which the cops would have to do (take her to hospital) to avoid them getting blamed in case she'd done herself an injury flipping the table in their gaff.
The guy was treated by paramedics at the scene and refused the offer of going to hospital. Caroline wasn't and I assume the paramedics know their job.
It's horrific that she's killed herself but it doesn't erase that she's done bad things in her life.She was flawed, as we all are.
Were you there? And cops? I thought this happened in London, not America. All you have just stated is soundbites from “sources” in the press which is part of the problem. Unless you were there you don’t know

How many people have commit suicide from that programme? 2 wasn't it? Surely it should have been cancelled when ex contestants started commuting suicide
The show wasn’t the reason why she committed suicide though which is what people are insinuating

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The fact that the cps were still pushing forward with the case despite the boyfriends reluctance to press charges shows there was more than enough evidence to prosecute. All these people talking about ITV leaving her out to dry but what would the response be if Love Island and ITV had turned a blind eye to it? And where was their outrage when she lost her job at the time? Fact is, she was done for domestic violence and the fact that she’s a woman doesn’t mean tit. Stephanie Davis and Malin Anderson coming out all guns blazing and yet these are the same women who were also in abusive relationships and have posted photos of their injuries. The likes of Michael Barrymore didn’t get to keep their job, why should Caroline Flack? It’s devastating that she felt that desperate she would take her own life but all these celebs posting photos and spouting about what a kind soul she was, where were they in her darkest hour? No doubt distancing themselves from the negative media surrounding her court case.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
"Earlier in 2019, a coroner in Tyneside issued a warning about mixing alcohol and cocaine after another Love Island star, Miss Gradon, hanged herself having consumed both substances. Coroner Eric Armstrong said research in the US said the combination was known to make someone 16 times more likely to kill themselves."

I found this quotation from the Mirror on the Love Island suicides. Given what has been said both about Caroline's addictions and her fragile mental health, the addictions were the last thing she needed.

Reactions: 9
Love Island cancelled again tonight
That’s the best news I’ve heard so far, I don’t see how they can carry on with this show now, just cancel the bloody thing, they were really scraping the barrel with this winter version anyway, it’s a bleeping awful show. My guess is the greedy bastards will just cancel this winter version and keep the summer show 🙄

Reactions: 11
Love Island cancelled again tonight
I wish it was cancelled for ever, a bunch of narcisstic show offs being in situations that should be private. In real life its bad enough if a guy you fancy goes off with another woman at a club or in work or whatever but on national TV???? its parading the most private feelings in a very public domain no wonder it causes suicides. It should have been called the sex and humiliation island

• Heart
Does anyone else think it's absurd the idea of cancelling love island over this?
The deaths involving love island people were about cocaine, alcohol and debt. Nothing to do with a reality TV. What do people want to cancel all reality TV and just have documentaries?
Flack was all about gossip and trashy reality TV, she loved doing it. She wasn't some celeb with a talent to showcase and hounded by the media.

id you don't want to watch love island no one is forcing you to, but why do you want a TV show off the air that others like??

Reactions: 28
I think they should continue the show, it's one week to go. That maybe sounds harsh, but this awful situation is not going to change by cancelling it. It's a difficult call by ITV. After this series, I think it's had its time anyway.

Reactions: 6
I thought Alex, the one who was the Dr, did a lovely tribute on his Instagram but then he's always been my favourite love island contestant.
Just went to see it, I like that he said he’d leave the proper tributes to the people who know her. My fav, Camilla Thurlow hasn’t said anything which I think is fine.

Iain Sterling’s tribute was also really nice and an example of how not to be self serving

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but as much as I hate this guy he’s now getting pulled to shreds on twitter over this. Vicious circle!
By the same twats getting on their soapbox about social media trolls. Like dude, you literally just posted your generic be kind quote, take a leaf and shut the duck up 🖕🏻

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.