Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but as much as I hate this guy he’s now getting pulled to shreds on twitter over this. Vicious circle!
And how many of those ripping him to shreads re-tweeted the "If you can be anything in this world, be kind" stuff earlier?! The irony.

Reactions: 14
Why didn’t she just walk away. Rich and fame apparently are awesome until your own actions turn it against you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else think it's absurd the idea of cancelling love island over this?
The deaths involving love island people were about cocaine, alcohol and debt. Nothing to do with a reality TV. What do people want to cancel all reality TV and just have documentaries?
Flack was all about gossip and trashy reality TV, she loved doing it. She wasn't some celeb with a talent to showcase and hounded by the media.

id you don't want to watch love island no one is forcing you to, but why do you want a TV show off the air that others like??
I think it was Twitter I saw this, but someone said that this didn’t happen to big brother contestants back when it was popular despite many of them coming out of the house and being hated. And the difference is that they didn’t come out to social media and hundreds of people being mean to them when they switch on their phone.

So yeh I agree, I don’t think the issue is love island as a concept, I think it would be the same issue if there was another hugely popular show centred around young people, who end up having careers on social media where they can’t escape the comments. If love island gets cancelled, another show will fill that role and and problem will happen again.

Reactions: 4
ok so.

social media is to blame.
reality tv is to blame,
her boyfriend is to blame,
her friends and family should have done more,
CPS are to blame,
ITV is to blame,
online media is to blame,
the paramedics who made the decision she was safe at home are to blame, people questioning who did the assessment, why wasn’t she taking to hospital? Clearly that’s another place to now lay blame.

so we......

don‘t watch reality tv anymore,
don’t read the news,
don’t log onto twitter or any form of social media, don’t comment, don’t tweet, don’t have an opinion.
don‘t report, don’t prosecute, don’t hold anyone accountable.

Social media, twitter especially hasn’t changed its tone, it hasn’t stopped judging and criticising,
it’s just changed it’s target.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I wish it was cancelled for ever, a bunch of narcisstic show offs being in situations that should be private. In real life its bad enough if a guy you fancy goes off with another woman at a club or in work or whatever but on national TV???? its parading the most private feelings in a very public domain no wonder it causes suicides. It should have been called the sex and humiliation island
Agree, I don’t blame the show for anyone’s death, it just sets a horrible example to young girls and boys watching, it’s got nothing to do with love and everything to do with selling sex. Not all reality shows are bad, but the end of Big Brother, Kyle and hopefully LI is not a bad thing, they’re more exploitive and grubby than most reality shows.

Reactions: 6
My opinion probably won't be popular. It's really sad that Caroline has died, she clearly had issues going on inside of her and was a deeply unhappy person deep down. She didn't deserve to want to end her life and feel so low. However, this isn't the first time a partner or ex of hers has come forth to allege that she hit him, and she should have sought help for her issues professionally or somehow before it got to this point. She should really have acknowledged that she has issues and her behaviour was not acceptable.

Nobody knows the ins and outs but it seems like Lewis is doing the typical taking back what he said as victim and loving her, and I'm not sure if the truth of that night will ever come out now.

I don't agree to people writing hateful personal things to her, but when you become famous, you choose to put yourself in the public eye and will get scrutinised. Especially in this day and age of equality, you'll have people saying she should be treated the same as men do when it comes to domestic violence cases (to which I agree). Remember when she quit her role as presenter of LI and everyone said she shouldn't have been given a choice, if it were a man etc.

As a person who's experienced abuse, perpetrators are very good at telling you sweet things and saying sorry so that you stay with them and keep schtum, what she did was wrong but of course she didn't deserve to get so low to a point where she killed herself. I wish she got help and admitted her demons.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
ok so.

reality tv is to blame,
CPS are to blame,
ITV is to blame,
the paramedics who made the decision she was safe at home are to blame, people questioning who did the assessment, why wasn’t she taking to hospital? Clearly that’s another place to now lay blame.

so we......

don’t read the news,
don’t log onto twitter or any form of social media, don’t comment, don’t tweet, don’t have an opinion.

Social media, twitter especially hasn’t changed its tone, it hasn’t stopped judging and criticising,
As far as I’m concerned none of this would have happened had she not been reported for domestic violence.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My opinion probably won't be popular. It's really sad that Caroline has died, she clearly had issues going on inside of her and was a deeply unhappy person deep down. She didn't deserve to want to end her life and feel so low. However, this isn't the first time a partner or ex of hers has come forth to allege that she hit him, and she should have sought help for her issues professionally or somehow before it got to this point. She should really have acknowledged that she has issues and her behaviour was not acceptable.

Nobody knows the ins and outs but it seems like Lewis is doing the typical taking back what he said as victim and loving her, and I'm not sure if the truth of that night will ever come out now.

I don't agree to people writing hateful personal things to her, but when you become famous, you choose to put yourself in the public eye and will get scrutinised. Especially in this day and age of equality, you'll have people saying she should be treated the same as men do when it comes to domestic violence cases (to which I agree). Remember when she quit her role as presenter of LI and everyone said she shouldn't have been given a choice, if it were a man etc.

As a person who's experienced abuse, perpetrators are very good at telling you sweet things and saying sorry so that you stay with them and keep schtum, what she did was wrong but of course she didn't deserve to get so low to a point where she killed herself. I wish she got help and admitted her demons.
I agree. Sell your soul to the media and earn money from the gossip and it’s wonderful. But HOW DARE the media say anything wrong when she does wrong? It’s so hypocritical. And bam, when a celeb or anyone does wrong “mental health” pops up. And when that flag is flown no one is allowed to say a bad word.

Reactions: 13
ok so.

reality tv is to blame,
CPS are to blame,
ITV is to blame,

so we......

don’t read the news,

exactly. the same mob of people shouting be kind, have also moved onto their next targets - dan wootton, love island, the cps to lay blame. Wanting a head on a spike and to ban newspapers, social media and anyone with an opinion whilst simultaneously salivating over the circumstances and details of the whole sorry affair that played out in the last few months of her life. The hypocrisy is everywhere.

Reactions: 17
I have been cringing at the #bekind brigade’s instasham crap. Openly blaming Lewis for her death, apparently caused by him deciding to call the police after she assaulted him, followed by #hashtagbullshit. Commenting Lewis should ‘of’ dropped the charges. Their tributes are littered with basic errors which are an insult. ‘fly with the angles’ which angles would that be, right angles? 🤭 The Zeleb tributes are just as self serving, with dreadful photographs. All chosen where because celeb looks good. It’s not all about Caroline, don’t you know! Stef Davies, Kerry Katona and Katie Price are at the forefront of this nonsense. Just waiting for Daniella Westbrook to post a tribute. That’ll make it a full house, BINGO.
Pointing blame at others after a suicide is a very common way for people react. projecting their own feelings of guilt and grief onto someone else to in order to feel better about their own self loathing. Sadly It’s a very common occurrence and It can be very destructive and hurtful to those closest to CF. Think before you type

Reactions: 5

Kept thinking of this interview all day. Poor girl. She looked upset and uncomfortable in parts.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My daughter just sent me this quote ( she herself attempted suicide in her dark days and then sent me a text saying ‘always worth holding on ‘ rip caroline you poor girl x
1581882372937.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.