Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad for her friends and family. Yes, she had her issues and I assume was more than likely going to get to prison, but I always feel bad about people feeling suicide is the only out. (This isn't me condoning her abuse at all though)

I can't deal with Dan Wootton suddenly saying how lovely she is on Twitter and The S*n deleting half their articles about her. :rolleyes:

I hope her boyfriend especially doesn't blame himself for this. I know he dropped the charges (I don't know if that was his own decision or not, or if he felt he had to...) and he still seemed to love her a lot, so I really hope he has a good support network at this time.
Don’t even get me started on that Wooton pig. He’s the most manipulative piece of tit I have ever come across. He’s vile

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Don’t even get me started on that Wooton pig. He’s the most manipulative piece of tit I have ever come across. He’s vile
He's awful! So hypocritical. He's happy to kiss someone's ass one week and the next he's slagging them off. He's like the British version of that Perez Hilton, which is probably what he wants. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Kerry Katona has shown messages on Instagram between herself and Caroline over Christmas where Caroline was asking for help on how to deal with fathers4justice who were sending hate to Caroline. Kerry had the same from when when her ex husband died .

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sorry for my naivety here but, what has this got to do with fathers4justice. She didn’t have a child so why have they got involved?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Sorry for my naivety here but, what has this got to do with fathers4justice. She didn’t have a child so why have they got involved?
Fathers4justice should be considered an extremist group and treated with the same contempt. They absolutely lost sight of why they started and ended up nothing more than a hate group targeting anyone with a bleeping vagina. I hate them!

Reactions: 41
This is news is tragic but I'm having to step away from social media today as the hypocrisy, narcissism and mass jumping on the band wagon is extremely frustrating. I cannot believe the amount of people who are making this about themselves and not about Caroline it is absolutely vile... What have we as a society become 😥 I've seen people saying on stories 'be kind or..... Fk off' seriously!? Can they not see the hypocrisy in their own words!? So desperate for the likes and the engagement!
I'm so sick to my stomach with all these people 🤮
I am amazed at all these influencers jumping on this. Giving it all the ‘stop the Trolls’ ‘be kind’ in know what it’s like’
As you say turning it about them. No they don’t know what it’s like. Caroline had been a household name for 20 years. She put snippets of her life out there for all to see. These Influencers have been around for 5 minutes and post about when they take a tit and every moment of their life.
Caroline was dealing with something that not everyone could relate too. We don’t know what happened and who was or wasn’t around to support her. But these influencers comparing it to their life is horrific!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fathers4justice should be considered an extremist group and treated with the same contempt. They absolutely lost sight of why they started and ended up nothing more than a hate group targeting anyone with a bleeping vagina. I hate them!
Wow, I didn’t even realise they were like that. That’s disgusting and after looking through their feed, their new target is Chantelle Houghman. Clearly they’re not using their platform for the greater good, they just want to pick on anyone with a vag. What a bunch of knobs they are

Reactions: 13
Thank you, I was getting sick of the ignorant comments about 'if it was a man, he wouldn't be getting this sympathy'. As you rightly point out, women are judged by much higher standards than men, society is much more forgiving of their bad behaviour especially when they are famous ' boys will be boys' etc.

You rightly point out the Paul Gascoigne is treated like a saint by some football
supporters despite beating his wife on a regular basis, more recently Kobe Bryant has been canonised into sainthood despite raping a 19 year old girl and anyone who dares to mention it has been sent death threats. There are loads more examples of men who have a history of much worse domestic violence like Chris Brown, Gary Oldman, Michael Fassbender, Sean Bean, Tommy Lee, Bobby Brown, Dennis Waterman, Eminem, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Sean Connery, Bill Murray etc who have all gone onto have successfully careers while their abusive backgrounds are ignored.

It's the same situation with men getting away with sexual offences and even rape/paedophilia, like Polansksi, Woody Allen, James Franco, Casey Affleck etc.
Meanwhile Hollywood exiles Winona Ryder for years for the heinous crime of shoplifting.

Of course the biggest example of how the bar is set much higher for women is that Trump became US President after being a reality TV star who was caught bragging about sexually assaulting women and having 20 odd women come forward with sexual assault allegations against him.
But apparently Hillary Clinton wasn't good enough because of her errr...emails.

So yeah, can we forget this ridiculous 'if it was a man' narrative, I suspect some of people pushing it have a misogynist agenda and don't give a damn about male abusers but just go online to attack women.

I am particularly sickened by the persistent poster on here who seems to be wageing a one man hate (or woman) campaign against Caroline and even compared what she has alleged to have done with Brock Turner who was convicted of drugging a college girl and brutally raping and sodomising her unconscious body. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Domestic violence is wrong regardless of gender but Caroline's case would never have been brought to court before the law was changed last year because her bf dropped the charges. The law was quite rightly changed because women have been intimidated and threatened by their partners into dropping charges who then go onto repeat the cycle of violence and even murder their partners (2 women are murdered every week in the UK by their male partner, thousands of women round the world murdered every day) but this doesn't seem to be the case here. From what I understand there was no pattern of abuse but a one off situation and Caroline wasn't an ongoing threat to her boyfriend. Still not excusable but at the same time not worthy of a criminal prosecution considering how many more violent cases I have heard that never come to court.

Certain unsympathetic and judgemental posters have a very black and white view of the world where everyone who is accused of DV is an evil psychopath who needs locking up, completely ignoring the fact that CF has very obvious mental health issues, suffered depression (she was on anti Depressants), history of self harming, which were obviously so severe that she felt no option but to take her own life.

It all suggests that she was much more of a danger to herself than other people What she clearly needed was help, not to be put through the horrendous stress of a trial which the media vultures would have covered with glee.
Unfortunately I do think she had a previous pattern of this behaviour though, have you seen her ex’s stories about this?

Reactions: 10
How many of these stories printed about her "previous behaviour" were solid facts with evidence.
I wasn’t going on that tbh, I think most stories in the papers are a load of tosh. I was going on the NDA he posted to his Instagram and his own version of events that he shared. He’s also extremely anti the press as they went after him when he and CF split and nearly drove him to suicide too.

Reactions: 2
I’m finding the hypocrisy regarding CF’s alleged crime and the way many are saying ‘if this was a man....’ to be erm, amusing. Google Paul Gascoigne- the first descriptive word that comes up in my search box is ‘legend’, not wife beater, but legend.
My thoughts exactly. Many a celeb male perpetrator has just had a blind eye cast upon it

Reactions: 2
So much for the ITV family! They bent over backwards for Phillip Schofield and Ant McPartlin.

#shameonthem

Reactions: 11
Legal perspective from the secret barrister on twitter:

A number of people have asked questions about the tragic case of Caroline Flack.

I have no particular insight into her case or her personal circumstances. But some general observations are set out below for assistance.

Firstly, the criticism of the Crown Prosecution Service.

Allegations of domestic violence raise a number of complexities. Often a complainant will withdraw support for a prosecution. But, for obvious reasons, that can’t always be determinative.

Cases cannot be dropped simply because a complainant doesn’t want their partner prosecuted. Such a system would reward those who successfully coerce victims to withdraw. Sometimes cases must be pursued without the consent of the alleged victim.
But not always.

Even if there is enough evidence to prosecute (and there are ways to prosecute without a willing witness of complaint), the public interest test must be applied.

The test is here. https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/code-crown-prosecutors

Nobody, except those involved in a criminal case, knows enough details to comment on whether the CPS was right or wrong to pursue a prosecution.

But certain difficult truths are worthy of reflection. Such as the lack of systemic oversight for the ongoing welfare of the accused.

As a prosecution and defence barrister, I see frequently how, save in cases where an accused has severe mental health problems that impact upon the legalities of the trial process, there is little consideration for the impact of proceedings upon a defendant’s welfare.

Rarely is it acknowledged how the strain of the criminal process - whether the allegation is true or not - can affect a person. Can break a person. And this lack of care pervades not only the system, but our society.

Which brings us to how, as a society, we treat those accused.

How we still, in the 21st century, put the accused in the media stocks, assume their guilt or moral fault, reduce and minimise human complexities, dehumanise and commodify the vulnerable, and consume their personal tragedies for our own transient edification.

As fingers are frantically pointed in every direction, and articles are deleted and history is hastily rewritten, maybe our priority should instead be to look at how we treat the people - the living, breathing, bleeding human beings - at the centre of our criminal justice system.
Very informative insight from a Barrister particularly relevant to CF's situation is this part-

As a prosecution and defence barrister, I see frequently how, save in cases where an accused has severe mental health problems that impact upon the legalities of the trial process, there is little consideration for the impact of proceedings upon a defendant’s welfare.

Rarely is it acknowledged how the strain of the criminal process - whether the allegation is true or not - can affect a person. Can break a person. And this lack of care pervades not only the system, but our society.

And let's not forget that the stress of a trial is bad enough for the average person, but CF being a famous celebrity would have meant the papers/TV cameras/paps hounding her everyday and exposing all her private details over the front pages and social media. I can't imagine having to go through that very public humiliation and intrusion, especially if I was suffering depression and other mental health issues.

This should all have been taken into account by the CPS when deciding whether to prosecute, but it sounds like they either overlooked her mental health issues or didn't take them seriously enough.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.