Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s such a sad reflection of society that celebs post photos of themselves in their tributes to dead people.

Just look at almost all the old Islanders posting photos they’ve found on Google of Caroline where they’re in it.

Anton and Joe from last year are the worst I’ve seen - literally used blurry screenshots from Aftersun. Amber (old Amber) has a Getty watermark over hers. How hard is it to go find a nice photo of Caroline by herself.

I’d love someone to explain to me why they need to be in the photo because it just screams “hey look at me I knew the dead woman!”. It’s not even like they’re good friends and sharing special memories.

Reactions: 49
The self harming because she read texts from other women - gaslighting. My ex girlfriend started cutting herself whenever I did *anything* she didn’t like as a way to manipulate me. So it leaves a bad taste for me.

Reactions: 21
Mental health issues and drug taking is too blame. How people can blame the CPS and media is beyond me. Fir all we know it could’ve even been an accidental overdose.
What I find worrying is that her family knew she was in a fragile state and didn’t do anything. I think this is the problem when people become your enablers instead of getting you help

Reactions: 15
It’s such a sad reflection of society that celebs post photos of themselves in their tributes to dead people.

Just look at almost all the old Islanders posting photos they’ve found on Google of Caroline where they’re in it.

Anton and Joe from last year are the worst I’ve seen - literally used blurry screenshots from Aftersun. Amber (old Amber) has a Getty watermark over hers. How hard is it to go find a nice photo of Caroline by herself.

I’d love someone to explain to me why they need to be in the photo because it just screams “hey look at me I knew the dead woman!”. It’s not even like they’re good friends and sharing special memories.
these people are really mercenary. They could choose not to post and instead reflect away from social media. Instead all I’m seeing is a circular patting on the back between all these celebs and influencers, saying platitudes on each other’s posts. All the clicks and likes it generates, honestly its a bit sickening. However, I can recognise the British public are part of the issue. Why does the public play into this insincerity from these people when it’s obvious that people are only posting for their own self serving interests?

Reactions: 8
I’m very sad Caroline thought she had no other options other than to end her life.

However - I am fed up that my social media is full of people telling me to be kind. If you need social media to tell you to be kind, you have issues!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The self harming because she read texts from other women - gaslighting. My ex girlfriend started cutting herself whenever I did *anything* she didn’t like as a way to manipulate me. So it leaves a bad taste for me.
It's manipulation and guilt tripping at it's worst. No one should feel trapped in a relationship out of fear of what the other person would do if they left. This is a major point that is being left out or ignored of this whole CF situation. Speaking from experience too. I hope you are ok now though!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m so sorry that happened to you.

Reactions: 5
All of your wankers mourning and spouting out how tragic this is, she was young etc need to have a look at yourselves. You’re all the same people who got stuck into her, stop looking for likes and using someone’s death to make yourselves feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I would never judge somebody for what they did when they were desperate, and erratic. I’m not justifying what she did, and I’ve been in 2 abusive relationships. But guys seem to get away with it. I’m tired of this cancel culture. She found her boyfriend cheating on her, and went absolutely mental. No one was there that night and knows what happened. And for all thebpeople posting nice comments now you can go duck yourselves. 6 weeks ago you were telling her to go die. I’m so done with fake people on Instagram.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
If a male had acted how she did, there wouldn't be this much sympathy. It's very sad, but "troubled" and "vulnerable" isn't words people would use for a male who abused his girlfriend. No one would want to see a male who did what she did make a comeback. One rule for one, another for someone else.

It still is terribly sad, a life is a life, but the way people have changed their minds about her all of a sudden is so superficial and fake.
I agree my boyfriend was saying last night that she made a mistake etc and that what she did wasn’t a big deal so I asked him if I hit him with a lamp he would forgive me?? Women get away with things a lot easier than men when it comes to violence. Didn’t her boyfriend ring the police saying she was trying to kill him? What a sad situation. Someone I follow shared his post about her from last night or this morning 🙁 I can’t say I’m surprised she committed suicide she looked so unhappy

Reactions: 7
I never thought I would feel suicidal either but had a few too many tragic events happen in my life and now my mental health is bad. I see no future. It’s horrible and I find it really hard to get proper care. Love ones do love you but doing crazy erratic things can scare them off.
sorry to hear this Annie, please know that there are people who care, even people who have never met you such as myself and others on this forum no doubt ! x

Reactions: 8
Instagram is pissing me off tonight. Everyone saying ‘be kind’ ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’ ‘don’t comment on people online’ ‘words have consequences’... duck OFF! She wasnt ‘trolled’ for not declaring ads or because people called her fat or ugly or a bad mum or said she dressed badly.

She was arrested and charged with violently abusing her partner. People called her out on social media; they called her out on her appalling behaviour because of something she actually DID. It wasn’t just people’s opinions. So yes, I’m sure she had a crappy few weeks since it happened and seeing people talking about it must have been devastating and hard to read. But she didn’t kill herself because people were ‘mean’ to her on social media 🙄
What’s people’s thoughts on this

I’ve seen tweets saying itv failed her but protected ant after his drink driving scandal. Why when someone dies do people have to drag someone else down with them

Reactions: 4

I’ve seen tweets saying itv failed her but protected ant after his drink driving scandal. Why when someone dies do people have to drag someone else down with them
I believe it was Caroline’s choice to step down when she did

Reactions: 4
I don’t know what went on, whether it was a pattern with several ex boyfriends or not and I have never posted anything attacking her prior to this.
I am getting increasingly sickened by the online tributes on social media, Reddit , Fb, by groups of people who I have watched bully other people for months. Bullying online ‘randoms’ for fun and then telling other people to ‘Be Kind’.

Maybe try stop focusing on all the negative crap posted on social media & press over time & give a thought for her family, friends any of her loved ones.
Because at the end of the day, a young 40 year old woman has taken her life, who still had her life ahead of her, all doors were still left open for her work wise etc people were standing by her & she still felt alone & isolated & the media still clawed away at her and humiliated her with false storys.

I don’t think it’s necessarily dragging someone else down. It’s looking at comparisons in how we treat different people. I don’t think CF’s alleged crime (alleged because let’s not forget the lass was never found guilty of anything) is any worse than the actual crime Ant committed (actual crime because he admitted it!).
Ant was well protected, looked after in the bosom of ITV if you will. CF? Not so much.

Reactions: 5

Because ITV certainly seems to be protecting its male stars much more than its female. Ant - drink problem, could have caused a much more serious accident than he did, went to court. What did ITV do? Wrap him in cotton wool.
Philip Schofield - it was starting to come out that he had groomed a young runner on TM in 2011 and the runner in question was about to sell his story. What did ITV do? Advised PS to out himself so people felt sorry for him and would discredit any stories that were about to come out.
Caroline Flack ALLEGEDLY (and that’s the important word here) clouts her boyfriend around the head with a lamp but said boyfriend said it’s untrue and didn’t want to press charges yet it was still going to be dragged through the courts. What did ITV do? Writes a generic “we support Caroline” statement with an undertone of “we’re done with her” and left her out to dry. I have a friend who works in the media and the stuff you hear is literally unreal but, as long as people hang on the media’s every word and believe things they weren’t party to, you will always have a Caroline Flack who feels they can no longer go on

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.