Carly Findlay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like her breakup with gorman didn't last. Guess her principles are about as flimsy as their fabrics.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She defs looks weird, but I’m going to white knight here and say that intellectually disabled people aren’t weird. I’m not offended so don’t worry @Kathy Hiltons Martini! Carly will be. I don’t know what a stylist could really do with her??
Don’t worry I’m not referring to all intellectually disabled people as weird, just a very specific type of person who happens to be weird and happens to have an intellectual disability and thinks she’s the absolute GOAT when people are just not being assholes towards them.

Reactions: 3
Don’t worry I’m not referring to all intellectually disabled people as weird, just a very specific type of person who happens to be weird and happens to have an intellectual disability and thinks she’s the absolute GOAT when people are just not being assholes towards them.
I knew you meant well! But I totally get what you’re saying 👍🏼

Reactions: 2
Looks like her breakup with gorman didn't last. Guess her principles are about as flimsy as their fabrics.
If you Google Carly Findlay + Gorman you'll see her tweet where she goes into detail about losing her favourite Gorman jacket, then goes to great pains (is that ableist? Now i'm questioning everything) to buy the same jacket second-hand on Ebay. I can't imagine the brand really cares if they lose one customer, even with Carly doing mental gymnastics to try to justify her Gorman desires!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If you Google Carly Findlay + Gorman you'll see her tweet where she goes into detail about losing her favourite Gorman jacket, then goes to great pains (is that ableist? Now i'm questioning everything) to buy the same jacket second-hand on Ebay. I can't imagine the brand really cares if they lose one customer, even with Carly doing mental gymnastics to try to justify her Gorman desires!
Really? The break up letter with Gorman is a good read if you haven’t already. I think she was hoping to sign a modelling contract with them or something?? She’s an epic tagger on Instagram but I’m sure you’ve seen that!

Really? The break up letter with Gorman is a good read if you haven’t already. I think she was hoping to sign a modelling contract with them or something?? She’s an epic tagger on Instagram but I’m sure you’ve seen that!
It's just a classic example of her having to make herself the centre of absolutely everything. So she's never been invited to model for Gorman. So what? Neither have I, or probably 99.9% of their customers but Carly's the only one who spat the dummy about it, the rest of us just got on with our lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's just a classic example of her having to make herself the centre of absolutely everything. So she's never been invited to model for Gorman. So what? Neither have I, or probably 99.9% of their customers but Carly's the only one who spat the dummy about it, the rest of us just got on with our lives.
It makes me wonder what her childhood was like that she thinks she should be given everything she wants. I guess the OAM is an example of her wanting, and receiving, accolades

Reactions: 7
It makes me wonder what her childhood was like that she thinks she should be given everything she wants. I guess the OAM is an example of her wanting, and receiving, accolades
Wanting, receiving and not deserving accolades.

I just read the break up letter to Gorman again. She’s a customer, they don’t owe her anything. They are hardly going to miss one person buying their stock.

Reactions: 4
I just read the break up letter to Gorman again. She’s a customer, they don’t owe her anything. They are hardly going to miss one person buying their stock.

Her spelling and grammar is absolute dogshit.

• Haha
Does Carly have a job? Is her only source of income these donations? Does she pay tax on these gifts?
From what I can gather, she gets paid to speak, do disability ‘training’ in the workplace and does the occasional hatchet job online for news sources. Apart from that, I have no idea. I don’t know if PayPal is taxed?

Her spelling and grammar is absolute dogshit.
I still can’t believe she had a book published when she writes like a kid in grade six:

You’re mot size inclusive. Yes you go from a size 4 to a size 16 (not all of your clothing though), but you rarely show anyone plus sized wearing your clothes. Your sizing is inconsistent.

You appropriate designs from artists – the latest being the very talented Aretha Brown.

When you do pay artists, your payment is very low.

Your pricing is inconsistent – and you take us on a rollercoaster ride with sales. Up and down and up and down – all in a week.

Disabled people make up almost 20 percent of the Australian population – that is, we make up almost 20 percent of the Australian economy.

Yet you don’t reflect the disabled population in your advertising or in your stores.

Many of your stores are not wheelchair accessible – no wheelchair accessible entrances, and steps within the stores. I am talking about those south of the Yarra – I wonder if there are others? Your online content is not accessible either.

You’ve never featured a visibly disabled model – but you’ve featured a dog with a mobility aid wearing a dog coat!

And you totally ignored International Day of People with Disability on 3 December. What a missed opportunity.

I know so many people have bought your clothes because I wear them & post them. But you don’t show the same love. I was lucky to be featured once in a group photo on your Instagram feed, but you’ve never liked my posts nor shared my stories. Never. I wear your clothes often, posting them to a significant following – as do other disabled people.

Reactions: 1
Is every business expected to acknowledge international day of people with disability?
It’s fashion, not everything needs to be political. There are a lot of great advocates for disability. Not Carly. duck she’s annoying.

From what I can gather, she gets paid to speak, do disability ‘training’ in the workplace and does the occasional hatchet job online for news sources. Apart from that, I have no idea. I don’t know if PayPal is taxed?
I wonder how much she gets for these gigs.
She seems to live the good life- her costumes are not cheap, and she likes her wine and food.

Reactions: 4
"Disabled people make up almost 20 percent of the Australian population – that is, we make up almost 20 percent of the Australian economy."

That is, a false equivalence.

Carly, pls show us the data that shows disabled people have the same spending power as the average australian.

Spoiler alert: You wont. Households with a disabled person are more than twice as likely to have a low income, compared to households without a person with disability. Source.

In fact, show us any demographic group who have like-for-like representation from both a social and economic standpoint.

Spoiler alert: You wont. Thats not how the math (or the world) works.

She's such a tool, and the dullest one in the shed at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I still can’t believe she had a book published when she writes like a kid in grade six:

You’re mot size inclusive. Yes you go from a size 4 to a size 16 (not all of your clothing though), but you rarely show anyone plus sized wearing your clothes. Your sizing is inconsistent.

You appropriate designs from artists – the latest being the very talented Aretha Brown.

When you do pay artists, your payment is very low.

Your pricing is inconsistent – and you take us on a rollercoaster ride with sales. Up and down and up and down – all in a week.

Disabled people make up almost 20 percent of the Australian population – that is, we make up almost 20 percent of the Australian economy.

Yet you don’t reflect the disabled population in your advertising or in your stores.

Many of your stores are not wheelchair accessible – no wheelchair accessible entrances, and steps within the stores. I am talking about those south of the Yarra – I wonder if there are others? Your online content is not accessible either.

You’ve never featured a visibly disabled model – but you’ve featured a dog with a mobility aid wearing a dog coat!

And you totally ignored International Day of People with Disability on 3 December. What a missed opportunity.

I know so many people have bought your clothes because I wear them & post them. But you don’t show the same love. I was lucky to be featured once in a group photo on your Instagram feed, but you’ve never liked my posts nor shared my stories. Never. I wear your clothes often, posting them to a significant following – as do other disabled people.
Wait wait WAIT! Did this chick actually throw her toys out of the cot because they didn't repost her!? Seriously!?

She has the most entitled brat attacks ever.

Reactions: 5