Carly Burd Salty Allotment #3 a pinch of salt for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of Carly's delivery drivers is inciting people to harass councillors.

The positive responses were given by Carly and the cousin who has received deliveries.

View attachment 2632226
Councillors aren't responsible for the day to day running of the council, you turnip. They may steer the council's objectives for their period in office but Councillor Thing isn't prodding bin lorries around a big map of the county with a stick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I mean look at this exchange. Why the duck doesn’t she know this stuff? It’s supposed to be a business/CIC. The lack of professionalism is appalling. It’s not unkind to point out that her service users and her 15,000 donors deserve a hell of a lot better

View attachment 2632229
You don’t need to be DBS checked to knock on the door and give someone a bag 🙄

Reactions: 7
You don’t need to be DBS checked to knock on the door and give someone a bag 🙄
I think somewhere along the line she has misunderstood a rule about enhanced DBS. An individual cannot request an enhanced DBS check, it has to be done by an organisation. That's all. Once you've got it you can take it between jobs.

Reactions: 15
I think somewhere along the lines she has misunderstood a rule about enhanced DBS. An individual cannot request an enhanced DBS check, it has to be done by an organisation. That's all. Once you've got it you can take it between jobs.
Which is why she shouldn’t be in charge. OR at least she should work with people who know what they’re talking about. She’s not going to do that though.

Reactions: 13
I think somewhere along the lines she has misunderstood a rule about enhanced DBS. An individual cannot request an enhanced DBS check, it has to be done by an organisation. That's all. Once you've got it you can take it between jobs.
She doesn’t know anything about anything. She didn’t want that volunteer doing deliveries. And the guy didn’t have to show his current DBS, but he did. Are Dave and the other guy the holders of AMOMWL -specific DBS certs? I doubt it.
And if she’s changing the name it needs to be A Meal arranged by me FOR FREE

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Carly does not inform people when they will receive a delivery, which is a very inefficient system.

Is it usual for the CIC Regulator to register a company when its sole director agrees with a poster who says something unpleasant about unhappy service users?

Totally.png

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Just preserving this for posterity. Note the change from I, me, me, I to we and our. Who is we exactly? Her and Wayne?

50C1AA1B-9DC5-415F-A0BB-FF08068E92D3.jpeg

This was a post on Carly’s own page. The face of the business because the only way people can communicate with AMOMWL is by sending Carly a personal Facebook message.

A normal/professional response to squig’s ’oh why did you feel the need to post that’ would be ‘I want to be really transparent/ I’ve got some great news/ finally putting this on a formal footing’
Not this

D1CBBF8E-1123-4B31-BB1F-D31F3052BF5C.jpeg

she’s never going to get the allotments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Apart from all the actual people on FB using their own accounts, they get blocked by Carlz and abuse from her brain dead followers #bekind
Where’s the quarter mil Carlz?

Reactions: 15
She is a walking case study of why regulations exist for the voluntary sector.
It’s not that hard to comply, thousands of grass roots groups delivered food parcels to housebound people in covid times. But not by making people beg on public Facebook groups.
I feel sorry for the beneficiaries and the poor sods at the council dealing with her.
Also the money donated was to bring the allotments back in to use not for food parcels.
If the best use of the money is for food parcels it would have been better for Carly to pay the food banks to make up the food parcels, perhaps including her produce when available, and for her drivers to volunteer with the food bank, to deliver them.
But then she wouldn’t get to play Lady Bountiful for Facebook asspats which is what this is really about.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Typical narc behaviour; take all the credit until things go wrong. Then it’s all about the team. Poor drivers are climbing stairs; hat about the service users who do that every day?

There is a basic lack of understanding of what voluntary work is. Voluntary work isn't FOR FREE therefore can be delivered any way you please without a duty of care and the service users should just be grateful.

Looking forward to reading the response to this at the end of her first year:

1702706973120.png

Let me start you off: I delete the comments of people who provide feedback and attack anyone with questions. I only solicit positive feedback.
---
The forms are starting to appear on Companies House!

Asset lock - she hasn't named anyone. Typically you name the organisation where assets will go if the company is wound up with assets. Telling she could not think of another charity or non-profit to name here. What about the other allotment group? The CIC regulator will now decide where it goes in the event of the company closing down with assets.

Why the delay from 3 October to 15 December? - she made a mistake on the form and took two months to correct it. You have to consistently use the same company name throughout and instead of "A Meal on Me with Love CIC" she put "A Meal on Me with Love Community Interest Co." The form was received on 10/11/23 and returned to her. Why was she unable to admit this?

1702707940489.png
1702707960713.png

Who are the beneficiaries? - this section should only mention who benefits, not how. Pulling out from this:
  • People in Harlow
  • Low income families
  • Pensioners
  • Disabled people
  • People on benefits
  • Local food suppliers
1702708175727.png

Activities - the company is being set up to raise money, hire an allotment (FOR FREE) and accept donations of food.

1702708491228.png

Use of surplus

1702708804335.png

Last edited:
Just had another look and the name under the squig is "A Meal on Me with Love Company Interest Co." Date received was 11/10/23.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So the reason it’s take from October to December to get the CIC set up is becuase she made a mistake on the form? Not red tape, it was no one else’s fault except Carly’s.

No gift aid, must do VAT returns (am guessing her £250k takes her over threshold), and unlikely to qualify for grants as it’s not a charity and she’s the sole director.

How long do we give it before the money runs out?

Reactions: 11
She won't have to do VAT on donations. But Gift Aid is lost and she is subject to Corporation Tax. She is well within her rights to select that model. Not wanting to compare her with Colin, but the other group are registered as a charity and will get Gift Aid and will not pay tax.

ETA: If she had done this in April she would have the allotments by now.

Just preserving this for posterity. Note the change from I, me, me, I to we and our. Who is we exactly? Her and Wayne?
She's very fond of the use of "our" in slightly odd turns of phrase. She's referred to food not going to "our landfill" more than once. She could mean "our" as in her and the drivers, I guess, but I'm standing by to see Wayne appointed as a director of the CIC.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.