Carly Burd Salty Allotment #3 a pinch of salt for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A solicitors memo has been posted

View attachment 2631325

View attachment 2631326

Does it? Because it still doesn't answer the question of where the money has been or how much of it has been transferred into the CIC, or whether there's a Business Bank Account etc. etc. etc.
it doesn't make us look stupid at all, assuming they're referring to us.
it raises more questions than answers.
How much was in the funds?
when was the application made to re-register?

Reactions: 14
I think quite a few frustrated people from the FB group have been reading here judging by some posts and comments there. Tattle threads seem to pop up quite readily on searches.

I was wondering if it might be worth adding alternate resources to the wiki or something so people know what options they have? I’m actually using food banks on and off atm due to medical debt so happy to try fish out sone resources when I get a sec! Even just knowing what options exist can be surprising (for example food banks require vouchers from a community partner, but local crisis funds and community pantries and meal clubs generally don’t).

I think people are also a bit unsure re: food banks as they either don’t know how to access vouchers, don’t want to tell a third party, or aren’t aware they tend to be rationed and are sometimes only available a finite amount of times.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've just been consulting a catering brochure for planning a work event and it ends with "[strapline] ... WITH LOVE, [COMPANY NAME]" and I had to double take because naturally my brain autocorrected it to, "WITH LOVE FOR FREE"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I see FOR FREE everywhere now. Sometimes when it is there, but usually when it isn't. 🤣
---
I think quite a few frustrated people from the FB group have been reading here judging by some posts and comments there. Tattle threads seem to pop up quite readily on searches.

I was wondering if it might be worth adding alternate resources to the wiki or something so people know what options they have? I’m actually using food banks on and off atm due to medical debt so happy to try fish out sone resources when I get a sec! Even just knowing what options exist can be surprising (for example food banks require vouchers from a community partner, but local crisis funds and community pantries and meal clubs generally don’t).

I think people are also a bit unsure re: food banks as they either don’t know how to access vouchers, don’t want to tell a third party, or aren’t aware they tend to be rationed and are sometimes only available a finite amount of times.
Please do add them right at the top so they can be seen by anyone visiting. We also need to get a pink button.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think I've worked out what the "delivery slots" she keeps going on about are. I think she means a Tesco home delivery slot (presumably them since she talked about clubcard points), when they bring all the stuff she's bought to her house, which she then puts on the shelves / scatters about her lounge before bagging it up for the two amazing blokes to put in their car and take to the service users.

Just wonder where the money comes from to buy stuff from Tesco, or is it all coming out of the £250k in which case presumably that is depleting quite quickly.

Or it may be stuff that Tesco bring round to her FOR FREE but I think it unlikely they'd deliver that, when I worked in a supermarket the home delivery bit I worked for didn't generally have time or resource to deliver the donation stuff, the charities had to come and get it each night.

1702647563205.png

It's such a tangled web of multiple ventures going on at the same time, hopefully the CIC will help bring transparency to it all.

Anyway praise the Lord, and the good people at Whiskers LLC, that the "bureaucratic red tape" has magically untangled today, mere days after the inaction started to be challenged. What fortunate timing.

Reactions: 11
I think I've worked out what the "delivery slots" she keeps going on about are. I think she means a Tesco home delivery slot (presumably them since she talked about clubcard points), when they bring all the stuff she's bought to her house, which she then puts on the shelves / scatters about her lounge before bagging it up for the two amazing blokes to put in their car and take to the service users.

Just wonder where the money comes from to buy stuff from Tesco, or is it all coming out of the £250k in which case presumably that is depleting quite quickly.

Or it may be stuff that Tesco bring round to her FOR FREE but I think it unlikely they'd deliver that, when I worked in a supermarket the home delivery bit I worked for didn't generally have time or resource to deliver the donation stuff, the charities had to come and get it each night.

View attachment 2631499

It's such a tangled web of multiple ventures going on at the same time, hopefully the CIC will help bring transparency to it all.

Anyway praise the Lord, and the good people at Whiskers LLC, that the "bureaucratic red tape" has magically untangled today, mere days after the inaction started to be challenged. What fortunate timing.
Some people on FB were saying that they believe she is using the shopping to rack up her own Clubcard points and thus fund her own shopping, which is a possibility as I guess all that does add up if you’re doing a lot of parcels. I know she was giving some away but not necessarily all of it! It would also be very hard to track/prove either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It is a poorly run enterprise. That much is obvious from the fact it has taken almost a year to register properly with Companies House or open a bank account. This alone would scare off the council.

Totally irrelevant but is Burd her real surname? It cracks me up because it's the phonetic spelling for how we say bird in Scotland and some parts of Ireland.

• Heart
Totally irrelevant but is Burd her real surname? It cracks me up because it's the phonetic spelling for how we say bird in Scotland and some parts of Ireland.
Early in these threads someone said they hear it in their head like a Scot saying "bird" and I wondered how else you could say it. Her name's burd, FFS! Of course I'd say it as bird!

Reactions: 5
I've got Stanley Baxter's 'feed the burds' stuck in my head now. Left up to Carly, it wouldn't be tuppence a bag though.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've got Stanley Baxter's 'feed the burds' stuck in my head now. Left up to Carly, it wouldn't be tuppence a bag though.
Feed the birds, FOR FREE a bag
FOR FREE, FOR FREE, FOR FREE a bag
Feed the birds, that's what she cries
While overhead, her birds fill the skies FOR FREE

• Haha
She's mentioned having the shopping delivered before. So with that and the men delivering the bags to people's homes, what exactly does she do other than decide who gets what and shout at people on fb?

This exchange does not make sense. A poster said that her message had not been seen, Carly replied that the delivery would go out that afternoon. If she isn't reading messages, how can a person be on the delivery list?

I am noticing a passive aggressive nuance.

Message Not Seen.png

This exchange does not make sense. A poster said that her message had not been seen, Carly replied that the delivery would go out that afternoon. If she isn't reading messages, how can a person be on the delivery list?

I am noticing a passive aggressive nuance.

View attachment 2631739
She comes across about as suited for her chosen vocation as Miss Hannigan.

ETA: Her "system" is a truly amazing bit of service design. Completely ignores that it breaks the basically read/not read functionality for every single service user, creating anxiety. But works for her. Oh and she says she's an empath.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She comes across about as suited for her chosen vocation as Miss Hannigan.

ETA: Her "system" is a truly amazing bit of service design. Completely ignores that it breaks the basically read/not read functionality for every single service user, creating anxiety. But works for her. Oh and she says she's an empath.
Is empath the Harlow spelling for sociopath?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.