Carly Burd Salty Allotment #3 a pinch of salt for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of her problems stem from failing to register as a CIC or charity in April. Everything we can read now should have been published eight months ago. Because of this she has lost the allotments, is subject to a level of scrutiny she never would have got otherwise and has shown herself to be incapable of delivering services.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
If Carly is proposing to help those who are low income or on benefit does that mean she’s going to ask for additional personal information such as benefit letters or bank statements?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Would be interesting to see Whiskers' bill with all this extra work
I wouldn't use Whiskers, it would appear that Whiskers did not tell Carly how to fill in the forms correctly.
---
As far as I can tell she never mentioned the driving license other than to say she was still waiting for it.

She is not forthcoming with information.
She had previously said that she could not submit paperwork without it, or was that for the allotment application and a bank account?

Reactions: 7
I wouldn't use Whiskers, it would appear that Whiskers did not tell Carly how to fill in the forms correctly.
She put "A Meal on me with love company interest co." They probably assumed, unwisely, that she knew the name of her own company.
---
She had previously said that she could not submit paperwork without it, or was that for the allotment application and a bank account?
Again, she was not forthcoming with information. She said she needed ID to become a CIC. That was not true, but I suspect Whiskers would not work for her without ID.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She is a walking case study of why regulations exist for the voluntary sector.
It’s not that hard to comply, thousands of grass roots groups delivered food parcels to housebound people in covid times. But not by making people beg on public Facebook groups.
I feel sorry for the beneficiaries and the poor sods at the council dealing with her.
Also the money donated was to bring the allotments back in to use not for food parcels.
If the best use of the money is for food parcels it would have been better for Carly to pay the food banks to make up the food parcels, perhaps including her produce when available, and for her drivers to volunteer with the food bank, to deliver them.
But then she wouldn’t get to play Lady Bountiful for Facebook asspats which is what this is really about.
Yep, I volunteered for a local group that made and delivered meals to families who wouldn't otherwise have a hot meal. The girl who set it up worked for the YMCA so had a good grasp of what she was doing, and the most important part of it was discretion. Volunteers would either buy the food and cook (as I did) or deliver, and at no point did I know anything about the family I was cooking for except the number of adults and children. It wasn't sustainable beyond covid because one of the reasons we were able to operate was because they couldn't do food safety checks in that period (everyone was very careful though) which meant that as soon as things were back to normal it stopped. We were featured in the local paper in the height of it, but this was used as a signpost to the service, not about how amazing WE were.
I don't regret getting involved with them and it was nice to help. Hasn't got me thinking I'm the second coming of christ though, I'd actually forgotten about it until just now

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm so embarrassed to say this but because so much has happened since the OG salting, it took me this long to understand the thread title

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Halal? You must be joking. She’s doing this FOR FREE, she won’t pander to nasty foreign ways.
In fact didn’t she at one point have an idea that “the ethnic minorities” (🧐) would come and cook for people using the allotment.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Didn’t she say in one interview that she considered all minorities and grew aubergines 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
In fact didn’t she at one point have an idea that “the ethnic minorities” (🧐) would come and cook for people using the allotment.
it was ethnic groups (somewhat better? I guess) all the ethnic groups will take turns cooking 'their meal'

1702742486931.png

---
Didn’t she say in one interview that she considered all minorities and grew aubergines 🤷🏾‍♀️
1702742562608.png

just saw this as I was searching 'ethnic'. The three foreign vegetables.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.