Carly Burd Salty Allotment #3 a pinch of salt for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CIC conversion is taking place. You have to change the name of the company because LIMITED cannot appear in a CIC name. This should have been done in April and it is inexcusable that it did not. That's eight months the money has been unprotected. We don't know how much is left at the end of that time.

1702629904114.png

• Wow
Reactions: 20
She can't talk about it because of solicitors.
CIC conversion is taking place. You have to change the name of the company because LIMITED cannot appear in a CIC name. This should have been done in April and it is inexcusable that it did not. That's eight months the money has been unprotected. We don't know how much is left at the end of that time.

View attachment 2631040
I wonder if the tit that kicked off on the 11-13 December prompted this sudden flurry of action

Reactions: 17
In a couple of days we will be able to view all the forms that had to be submitted, which will contain a lots of interesting details. 👀

Reactions: 18
The timing of this activity at Companies House is not a coincidence IMO. Something has put the wind up her.
About time!

Reactions: 21
Your Harlow approached her before publication on the 10th.
"It takes around 5 working days for an existing company to be converted into a CIC Company."
CIC registered on the 15th.

ETA: The change of name resolution was dated 3 October 2023. And...

1702632504978.png

So she has been sitting on it all this time?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
1702633187600.png

couldn't turn off comments quick enough lol
---
Your Harlow approached her before publication on the 10th.
"It takes around 5 working days for an existing company to be converted into a CIC Company."
CIC registered on the 15th.

ETA: The change of name resolution was dated 3 October 2023. And...

View attachment 2631089

So she has been sitting on it all this time?
I have zero idea of how solicitors work other than my limited experience with personal conveyancing, so I am pulling this out of my arse, but maybe she just hadn't paid the solicitor's bill ergo they didn't put the forms in? (Just thinking about how solicitors don't start doing conveyancing searches til you hand over the dosh)

Reactions: 10
I have zero idea of how solicitors work other than my limited experience with personal conveyancing, so I am pulling this out of my arse, but maybe she just hadn't paid the solicitor's bill ergo they didn't put the forms in? (Just thinking about how solicitors don't start doing conveyancing searches til you hand over the dosh)
If they were doing it FOR FREE then they wouldn't be tripping over themselves to chase Carly up for stuff she needed to do, so if she was dragging her feet over signing stuff or providing documents, they'd drop it and get on with the stuff that pays the bills.

Reactions: 7
If I hadn't seen all of this rolling tit show since April, I would assume the forms were submitted on 3 October, but there was some mistake on them that has been corrected in the meantime with a bit of back and forth. But that tricksy wording on the FB group and everything else we've seen makes me suspicious.

ETA: Although the more I think about it, three months to correct a mistake is excessive.

Reactions: 7
If I hadn't seen all of this rolling tit show since April, I would assume the forms were submitted on 3 October, but there was some mistake on them that has been corrected in the meantime with a bit of back and forth. But that tricksy wording on the FB group and everything else we've seen makes me suspicious.

ETA: Although the more I think about it, three months to correct a mistake is excessive.
To be fair, it is difficult to amend paperwork when you don't have fingers, let alone opposable thumbs.

1702634844306.png

• Haha
  • Heart
A solicitors memo has been posted

1702642004809.png

1702641921130.png

1702641932945.png

1702642146138.png

1702642046738.png

Does it? Because it still doesn't answer the question of where the money has been or how much of it has been transferred into the CIC, or whether there's a Business Bank Account etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: 22
This is what she should have been done in April. Nonetheless it is good to see her finally doing what she should have done in the first place. I am certain we would not be in thread three by now if she had. And all the other revelations would not have come to light. So that's on her.

There is also no explanation of what happened between 3 October and now. Or where the money has been all this time. It also looks like she was unable to think of a suitable entity for the asset lock, but that will become clearer when Companies House publishes the documents in the next 10 days.

Reactions: 15
A solicitors memo has been posted

View attachment 2631325

View attachment 2631326

Does it? Because it still doesn't answer the question of where the money has been or how much of it has been transferred into the CIC, or whether there's a Business Bank Account etc. etc. etc.
Don't see how it makes people look stupid. It answers some of our concerns and frankly it vindicates us.

Reactions: 18
It absolutely raises as many questions as it answers, not least the suspicious timing!

She‘s seized on to a couple of pieces of wording - “asset locked” and “not for profit” - as if they are absolute proof that she‘s unquestionably above board, but there’s a long way to go before she’s proven anything of the sort, as @Seaford Haggington says. And if she does manage to clear the bar of “OK, she hasn’t made off with the loot”, there’s still a gulf between that and “is running an enterprise that provides a decent and appropriate level of support to its beneficiaries” that she still very much has to bridge, too.

I can’t imagine any worse way of running anything than letting it be governed by the whims of facebook drama llamas and huns 🤭 duck me, there’s some absolute whallopers there!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She can't talk about it because of solicitors.

I wonder if the tit that kicked off on the 11-13 December prompted this sudden flurry of action
It absolutely raises as many questions as it answers, not least the suspicious timing!

She‘s seized on to a couple of pieces of wording - “asset locked” and “not for profit” - as if they are absolute proof that she‘s unquestionably above board, but there’s a long way to go before she’s proven anything of the sort, as @Seaford Haggington says. And if she does manage to clear the bar of “OK, she hasn’t made off with the loot”, there’s still a gulf between that and “is running an enterprise that provides a decent and appropriate level of support to its beneficiaries” that she still very much has to bridge, too.

I can’t imagine any worse way of running anything than letting it be governed by the whims of facebook drama llamas and huns 🤭 duck me, there’s some absolute whallopers there!
Would her capital have to be declared in the near future I wonder? It would be interesting to see if it matches the amount donated…

Reactions: 3
It's absolutely fine to witch about people who have used your service on a public forum if you're ASSET LOCKED NOT FOR PROFIT FOR FREE

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm delighted to see this - If she's actually managing to get everything legally sorted and above board then that's fantastic, and I hope she can get some sound advice and support for how to move forward with administering the money and the activities of the CIC. My concern at the beginning was that she was simply not equipped to deal with the huge dump of money that came her way, practically, legally or intellectually. The public scrutiny has been absolutely valid, and I hope she can get things straightened out and move forward. Alas, her conduct and the chaotic way she's running things now doesn't give me many grounds for that hope...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.