Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The literal worst is when people say 'oh they've got phones, they've got sky'. That type of person that expects you to go without EVERYTHING to be worthy of the littlest bit of help
Benefits are all dealt with online, now, a smartphone is essential, especially given the reduction of library services and the difficulties in accessing free computer and Internet.

Some Sky packages are quite good value and it means you get a lot of entertainment, plus Internet access for kids' homework and accessing benefits and other support.

Reactions: 28

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
I’ve been following these threads for a few months and I think the thing that’s angered me the most is her saying her kids will judge who is deserving of a parcel. Poverty is not a fucking game show.

Reactions: 28

glubby

I am so glad I’ve been following this thread right from the start. Started a little slow but it’s really getting exciting now! Thanks everyone who’s been documenting and screenshotting!

It’s infuriating how she’s trying to have it both ways, she’s taken on the role of local hero providing for the poor and wants all the praise and admiration from that, but the moment anyone asks questions it’s “I don’t HAVE to give you people anything!” it’s clear she has no respect for any of the people she claims to care about and want to help, it’s all about her ego. She is completely disgusting and I hope she gets everything she deserves.

Reactions: 27

lilykestrel

VIP Member
IMG_20231213_153306.jpg

IMG_20231213_153334.jpg

Ere we go

Also, I see how it is

IMG_20231213_153353.jpg

---
IMG_20231213_153626.jpg

Horrific

I hope the council never let any of these people near anyone

• Wow
  • Angry

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Turkeys >>>>> Christmas. Still, at least there’s not so many braaahn people 🙄

Were we aware that YourHarlow published a positively glowing article about Colin Thorpe’s allotment success last Friday?

This exchange between St Carly, Nicola Purse (councillor who was super supportive but has now vanished) and Colin is v telling. Note the ‘oh your about’ (sic) bit from Carly.

View attachment 2625967
View attachment 2625969
I'm a bit confused by this. So, i was diagnosed with MS and you end up on a3 year medical driving licence. But I never had to actually send my licence off to anyone. I filled in a form for the DVLA and then they got in touch with my consultant. I only sent my licence back to DVLA once I'd received the new one. I don't understand why she's sending her driving licence off at all for medical review to a consultant - it's just a form to the DVLA. https://www.gov.uk/renew-medical-driving-licence#other-ways-to-apply

Last edited:
  • Wow

hytuhh

Chatty Member
The literal worst is when people say 'oh they've got phones, they've got sky'. That type of person that expects you to go without EVERYTHING to be worthy of the littlest bit of help

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Is this article the British way of saying that the journalist is suspicious?

Good grief. That's a proper, studs up, two-footed tackle, that.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
So if fees are charged when you withdraw, that implies she had withdrawn the lot to her personal account.

ETA: We of course should be reassured by her abundance of good intentions and I'm sure HMRC will see it the same way.
31 Jan 24 - Carlz writes “what happened to the money? keep watching and you’ll see” on her self assessment tax form and then doesn’t post it on time. Writes “no negative vibes” around the envelope seal

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
That's a bit shit. Can't Wayne the Wonderful drop the parcels off? And do delivery drivers need a DBS?
Opinions vary but I had to have a DBS check when I did deliveries. You get a lot of very young kids answering the door or wanting to help take the shopping in item by item (lol, those ones took forever!) not to mention all the personal data concerns about knowing people's names and addresses, seeing inside their houses etc.

Just Eat who would tend to deliver at night and would tend to just hand over a bag of takeaway and then scarper probably not, but food parcel deliveries to obviously vulnerable households I would say yes they should.

Those screen shots above of the people asking for parcels and her being ill is just a shambles. St. Carly just needs to let other people help, there's no shame in it, she can still be the figurehead and take the glory as organiser/founder, in fact by accepting help she can reach a lot more people in need, so why wouldn't you. She could also then legitimately take a salary for her time organising and managing the volunteers.

You have to wonder, for all these people begging her for help, what has happened to the normal support channels in the area, have the usual foodbanks just given up and withdrawn from the area because she's impossible to work with/alongside and they can't get a look in, or they can't get any donations in those areas because she takes them all? Or are the people asking for help, double dipping from the regular food charities and her as well?

I still say with over £250k in the bank the best and easiest thing she could have done would have been to invest it with a major retailer and simply pay them to provide and deliver £5000 of food parcels a week, that would have lasted a year and I bet for the publicity the right supermarket or food delivery company would have matched it anyway and either delivered twice as much or for two years instead of one. Then she would have had a solid 1-2 years to fully concentrate on getting the allotment or small holding operation up to speed.

Last edited:
  • Heart