Carly Burd Salty Allotment #2 More red flags than Beijing on May Day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do hope that people are not completely reliant on her and her 'food for free'. 😕
If so, they must be desperate, genuinely desperate. You can't tell someone relying on you for food - I will feed you next week and then once I have the 'puncher' 🥴 over.

And all that money given in good faith, just sitting there. 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Imagine looking at her moronic "2,791 People fed for FREE" posts on Facebook with photographs of the food in bags knowing none of it is going to you. All completely avoidable.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
The drivers/drop off will be what makes her a real lifeline. It’s all well and good if you can get to a foodbank in person, but what if you’re disabled, a single parent, got no bus fare? She’s managed to target slightly more vulnerable than usual people, now she’s chaotic about when she gives food out 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Carly seems to be the worst combination of disorganised, a bit thick, stubborn and with a massive saviour complex.

If she's struggling with her health conditions, she falls behind and people who are relying on her have to request updates on the facebook page. This poor person was told they're getting a bag on Thursday but it's next week.

View attachment 2582515

People have to ask when they're getting help:
View attachment 2582517

This person offered to help in the past but Carly has only just told them they need to be DBS checked by a meal on me:
View attachment 2582523

"Finding it so hard"

View attachment 2582524

Responds to the people telling her to take care of herself (the huggy heart responses are all her), ignores the people asking for parcels
View attachment 2582529
I can't imagine organising a charity like this, with people just abandoned if she's having a bad day or receiving medical treatment, messages getting lost, not responded to.
You aren’t admitted just for a lumbar puncture, it’s usually outpatient and even inpatient you go home the same day or after. Very odd.
---
Opinions vary but I had to have a DBS check when I did deliveries. You get a lot of very young kids answering the door or wanting to help take the shopping in item by item (lol, those ones took forever!) not to mention all the personal data concerns about knowing people's names and addresses, seeing inside their houses etc.

Just Eat who would tend to deliver at night and would tend to just hand over a bag of takeaway and then scarper probably not, but food parcel deliveries to obviously vulnerable households I would say yes they should.

Those screen shots above of the people asking for parcels and her being ill is just a shambles. St. Carly just needs to let other people help, there's no shame in it, she can still be the figurehead and take the glory as organiser/founder, in fact by accepting help she can reach a lot more people in need, so why wouldn't you. She could also then legitimately take a salary for her time organising and managing the volunteers.

You have to wonder, for all these people begging her for help, what has happened to the normal support channels in the area, have the usual foodbanks just given up and withdrawn from the area because she's impossible to work with/alongside and they can't get a look in, or they can't get any donations in those areas because she takes them all? Or are the people asking for help, double dipping from the regular food charities and her as well?

I still say with over £250k in the bank the best and easiest thing she could have done would have been to invest it with a major retailer and simply pay them to provide and deliver £5000 of food parcels a week, that would have lasted a year and I bet for the publicity the right supermarket or food delivery company would have matched it anyway and either delivered twice as much or for two years instead of one. Then she would have had a solid 1-2 years to fully concentrate on getting the allotment or small holding operation up to speed.
I think this is it, she wants control so she gets the sole praise as angel of mercy… 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 8
As has been noted, it is now SEVEN months since St Carly set up the business of which she is sole director. And TWO months since she said the paperwork to set up the CIC was all signed and ready to go.

The GoFundMe was set up in September 2022 and she shut it at the end of July with a balance of £254,213.

Since closing the GFM the donations she has not:
  • opened an allotment
  • set up a charity
  • set up a community interest company
  • employed anyone to help her with admin
  • increased the scale and quality of the food parcels she delivers
  • explained what she has done with the quarter of a million pounds of donations she’s received.
She has:
  • got engaged
  • refused to employ new drivers/helpers even though their DBS certificates are perfectly valid to be used across roles
  • got her driving licence back from her consultant so is able to set up a business bank account in her sole name
If she had put that money in a fairly modest business savings account, she could be making nearly 4% on it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Her first accounting year is up at the end of April, 22 weeks away. What are the chances nothing will have been done by then either?

What are the chances of her not realising she is liable for corporation tax because in her head the money was "donations to charity". She is too stupid and belligerent to realise there is no charity because she hasn't set one up.

Reactions: 14
I'm guessing the council got cold feet for some reason. It was odd when she had that meeting with them months back. [ETA: It was in July.]

Reactions: 7
I'm guessing the council got cold feet for some reason. It was odd when she had that meeting with them months back. [ETA: It was in July.]
why not? She’s really thought it all through and has clear defined deliverables and aims. Don’t they want to end teen pregnancy and elder abuse?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is blatantly off topic but I didn’t want to start a new thread in case it’s just me. Is anyone in the or aware of the Facebook group ‘Energy Support and Advice UK’? The woman who runs that gives me strong Carly vibes, she’s not happy if people don’t blow smoke up her arse and if anyone questions anything, she acts like they’ve kicked her puppy. Takes on some individual cases and contacts energy suppliers so like Carly, there are some who get help…and very quick to let everyone know when this happens.

It always seems to be those with a saviour complex that get the most traction. I wonder if any of the news outlets who featured Saint Carly of Puncherville have plans to follow up? It would make an interesting segment

Reactions: 13
IMG_20231129_210058.jpg

IMG_20231129_210123.jpg

Heartbreaking

Screenshot_2023-11-29-20-59-32-08_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Also you what, running a "who gets 92 quid, my sons/fiancé will judge"

Skeeving me summat proper this is

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I don’t want to be a witch, and I’m not a doctor or anything, but the NHS website says a lumbar puncher takes 30mins and you should avoid driving for a day and sports for a couple of days… nothing about being unable to check your messages for a week and a half?
Oh stupid me, she had a PUNCHER didn’t she? My bad.

(Seriously though, get someone else to message or take some pain you dopey cow)

As for the ‘nominating someone deserving’ thing, does she really think getting a food-bank parcel should be like winning a prize? This isn’t bleeping Bluepeter, people seem to be relying on her for essentials.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2600508
View attachment 2600509
Heartbreaking

View attachment 2600511
Also you what, running a "who gets 92 quid, my sons/fiancé will judge"

Skeeving me summat proper this is
This is absolutely bleeping disgusting. She’s running some kind of judging competition for who’s the most deserving of a £92 voucher? How does she not see how insulting and in poor taste this is.
This is not faux outrage I’m spouting here. I’m absolutely disgusted.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is absolutely bleeping disgusting. She’s running some kind of judging competition for who’s the most deserving of a £92 voucher? How does she not see how insulting and in poor taste this is.
This is not faux outrage I’m spouting here. I’m absolutely disgusted.
Exactly. Spa day or Fortnum's hamper for Beryl who's been running Gladys down the Co-op every week since she had her stroke, and keeping Brenda's spirits up since Frank passed, and keeping the knit and natter group down at the library going... lovely stuff.

Pitting the local vulnerable residents against each other (and reviewing probably heartbreaking tales of struggle, and sharing these with teenagers???? For them to pick a 'winner'?). GRIM.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
If I didn't have a strict "no touching the poop" rule (if I talk about you on here I don't interact with your socials), I'd tell her exactly what I thought about her revolting little GDPR-non-compliant scheme to humiliate her neighbours.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.