Carly Burd #6 Stabbed in the back like Judas did to Caesar

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh FFS daily Mail, why did you put such a great public interest article behind your crappy paywall.

(yes I know how to read it FOR FREE but the general public wonā€™t bother šŸ¤¬)

this needs to be out there everywhere for all those that donated, to see. BBC and all those that publicised her dodgy salt appeal, should now be publishing these updates.

anyone know if it has made it into the print edition, where oldies like my Mum will read it? I suspect the paywall articles donā€™t make it into the paper either ā˜¹

well at least she will definitely know that a national newspaper is well aware that the figures donā€™t add up and there is chunky money still unaccounted for. The ruse of giving away Ā£70k (albeit to dodgy choices) must not work!

Reactions: 17
I don't think the BBC would have covered Depher without the Daily Mail going in first. So hopefully this makes a Scams & Scandals expose more likely. They are already on the third episode.

1717228737982.png

I was surprised the DM went there with the salt hoax. She better hope that there is nobody who knows the truth about that who might speak to a journalist.

Reactions: 19
I've seen people say that the M+ paywall articles become free after a few days so hopefully that will be the case.

The anti-GL/BBC/anyone they consider "woke" angle is frustrating though when DM were just as culpable in amplifying Carly's bollox as they were. I guess they know their audience.

Reactions: 14
I have always been surprised that more people haven't asked questions about the initial Saltening. It's taken as gospel by the media and others that it was definitely real and very bad. Blocked and Reported did a good breakdown of why it was nonsense in the first place. The whole thing is built on a lie. I don't believe Carly set out to raise this much money, and it has been the undoing of her, but it has been a grift from the start - just intended to be a smaller one.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Great find, Zelda!

Iā€™ll eat a plate of stale driveway croissants if the reporter hadnā€™t got most of that from here. Weā€™re ā€œinternet sleuthsā€ doncherknow? šŸ•µ <preens>
Well done to all who kept this saga going here and pointed out all the inconsistencies and downright lying.
I genuinely think you all deserve credit for that reporter's story. FOR FREE šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Obviously not a fan of the Daily Mail 'mum on benefits' dogwhistle or the 'woke celebs' angle (although there is a point to be made about the gullibility of bleeding heart lefties, but that's something the left needs to have a self-reckoning about) but hoo boy. Although it was quite measured in a lot of ways. And the DM seem to be the only paper that will break ranks and start muckraking (cf Depher). Although obviously they're driven to do so by ideology, I suppose it is what it is.

I totally understand the 'I need to put the brakes on while I get through the hardest bit of my treatment regimen' (would even encourage it!) and really do hope the treatment is successful for her and she goes on to get some knowledgeable and helpful people on board to start things up again. But doing a runner and shutting down all social media in the matter of a morning, with not even the vaguest (nobody needs to know the nitty gritty) holding message to tell people where she's gone or what she's doing, is .... a red flag. And after all that preceded, it's an American car dealership sized one.

Reactions: 19
I have always been surprised that more people haven't asked questions about the initial Saltening. It's taken as gospel by the media and others that it was definitely real and very bad. Blocked and Reported did a good breakdown of why it was nonsense in the first place. The whole thing is built on a lie. I don't believe Carly set out to raise this much money, and it has been the undoing of her, but it has been a grift from the start - just intended to be a smaller one.
Really, one look at the fake tears in the video should have set all the alarm bells going. I'm quite a trusting soul, I guess (I gave money to Roadsidemum, FFS), but even I thought "that is not real".

1717231700922.png

Edit: I've just seen the Ā©Kennedy News and Media on that photo, of course she monetised it the minute it took off. https://kennedynewsandmedia.co.uk/share-your-video/

1717232415310.png

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Itā€™s the 10 million Harlow residents she said sheā€™d fed FOR FREE that I feel sorry for, presumably since she totally abandoned them theyā€™re all now dead or something

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
As much as I loathe the Daily Mail, I do agree that people need to be more sceptical about donating and believing a cause because a celebrity endorses it.

I also wouldnt trust the Dragon's Den dude's business decisions either šŸ˜†

I didn't like the author mentioning if it was the council red tape that scuppered the whole thing. The Daily Mail railing against health and safety is just annoying. Contracts, agreements etc exist for a reason.

I'd have liked to have seen Harlow Council given chance for input. I imagine it's a standard contract, as much for the tenant's benefit as theirs.

Stuff like this really needs to come from The Guardian and similar places though. The left needs a good hard look at itself and how pathetic and gullible it can be when it comes to people like Carlz and Jack Monroe etc. I'm on the left, and I want us to start using our brains instead of our hearts all the time.

Reactions: 28