Carly Burd #5 (No) Salt and Vinegar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carly appeared on a podcast and attacked local charities for being "mean". Despite her negative experiences of local charities she still intends to start one
Carly has that 'I could do that so much better for less / free )' mentality of all those crack pot crafters that send their creations to top tips in Take a Break magazine. Like the lady who made 'hotel spa style slippers' from sanitary towels. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Carly has that 'I could do that so much better for less / free )' mentality of all those crack pot crafters that send their creations to top tips in Take a Break magazine. Like the lady who made 'hotel spa style slippers' from sanitary towels. 😅
this inspired me for a scroll on the Take A Shite Twitter page (which collects these nutters' submissions). This could be great for the allotments

1713170686339.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was listening to the Radio 4 Money Programme from about a month ago on a podcast in my car this morning and they happened to have a segment with a lady that has organised a charity swim for mental health charities for years but foolishly (just because of the way things have come about over the years) the entry fees that people pay go through her bank account on the way to the mental health charity. I think she does recognise that this is foolish but has just been taken unawares as the event has become so popular. She will set up proper banking for the charity event but she says it takes time to do it right. It wasn't completely straightforward because she said she does take a small payment in return for her time arranging everything.

Anyway it was on the Money Programme because DWP and HMRC have now taken an unhealthy interest in her bank account and I think she said they've basically stopped her benefits / tax credits as they are now taking the position that it's all her income, doesn't matter that it ends up with the charity, she's having to do all sorts of appeals and investigations to show it's for the charity. They said it was extra complex because HMRC looks at things on a year by year basis but DWP looks at your income month by month.

Anyway this tale reminded me of St Carly and her mates the other day trying to argue on facebook that as she wasn't a CIC at the time the GFM went viral, then technically the money was donated to her personally, and this meant it was perfectly OK if she just decided to keep it! OK but they want to be careful with that track because what was said on the Money Programme means that if she does count the donated money as hers then she is definitely in for a hell of a lot of DWP and HMRC pain, they're not just going to take "but it was for charity" and go away. If she's been having any means tested benefits during the last year it could easily land her in court for benefits fraud.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Wow she literally couldn't wait to get the massive comedy cheque pics up could she. The second one seems to have been given double dosh.

Reactions: 10

Could this be how you get councillors to do stuff rather than posting libellous statements on social media?
---
"Community champion", there'll be howls amongst the bread and seedling piles this morning
Elder Colin needs a Netflix special! Man, he’s really sticking it to the Council, would be interested to know if he is right (prima face I think so)

Reactions: 7
I seem to remember on the list were what looked like two groups run by the same organisation, maybe it's that.
She should have reallocated the refused amounts though, as she was originally going to make 10 x 10k donations before ending up with 13 on the list.

Reactions: 8
I seem to remember on the list were what looked like two groups run by the same organisation, maybe it's that.
She should have reallocated the refused amounts though, as she was originally going to make 10 x 10k donations before ending up with 13 on the list.
think you're right there, on the comedy cheque it says "X" and "Y"

Reactions: 5
She's probably had the cheques printed before they said yes or no

If only she'd been as quick filling in the CIC paperwork

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I bet the desperation for the cheque pictures is for when the DWP come knocking. That's why she has to be in them.

Ah well, £23,076 almost accounted for (have to assume that the giant wipe-clean cheque has been accompanied with an actual bank transfer).
£231,137 left to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is all so dodgy isn’t it. She’s essentially using these local charities etc. as a shield, to attempt to legitimise her fundraising. Although some of them clearly recognise that they’re being used and have wisely chosen not to be dragged in.
But more importantly: WHERE’S THE REST OF IT, CARLY?? Surely she can’t have spent that much on freebie shopping bags for her mates, ooops, I mean food deliveries for the needy?

• Sick
Reactions: 12
That was a troll, though🤣and it was Now or Love it! Or one of those, they totally tolled back and did a step-by-step story of two girls making them and putting them on 🤣
---
Anyway

hope she’s created a comedy fake signature on the non-legal-tender comedy cheque prop

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.