Carly Burd #5 (No) Salt and Vinegar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1713030482283.png

so, throwback to earlier this week. I did a bit of dot-connecting. Grey Squig runs the CIC that is the latest to bow out.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I can't imagine what a tough decision that would be. For loads of organisations that money could do so much good, or at least mad0e one day for one service user a lot better than it would have been, at a bare minimum.

It's a crying shame that by some fluke of the Internet all that money has poured into a community but is stuck sitting in one person's bank account because they're too pig-headed and obsessed with being the main character to have got some advice, or got other people on board to actually do something meaningful with it, and have sabotaged an idea and opportunity they had to do some good. How many people have a councillor on their side to get hold of a plot of land that could be turned into something good? How many people would take that opportunity and tit on it to the point where said councillor has got legal advice because you decided to slag them off on Facebook? But the council still want to work with you!

Sorry I've just gotten so angry about it, normal snarking will resume shortly

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I can't imagine what a tough decision that would be. For loads of organisations that money could do so much good, or at least mad0e one day for one service user a lot better than it would have been, at a bare minimum.

It's a crying shame that by some fluke of the Internet all that money has poured into a community but is stuck sitting in one person's bank account because they're too pig-headed and obsessed with being the main character to have got some advice, or got other people on board to actually do something meaningful with it, and have sabotaged an idea and opportunity they had to do some good. How many people have a councillor on their side to get hold of a plot of land that could be turned into something good? How many people would take that opportunity and tit on it to the point where said councillor has got legal advice because you decided to slag them off on Facebook? But the council still want to work with you!

It IS a crying shame, you are 💯 right about that.
I’m sick of internet grifters like her, Jack Monroe, Depher and no doubt others who take money from people who can ill afford it. I really wish that the media would do more to expose it and warn people not to give their cash away like this.,

• Heart
Reactions: 19
do your kids not drink water then carlz? Or breathe air? Or consume, use, wear, or literally do anything with anything? What about all those drugs you need, both prescribed and otherwise - how do you think they work?
Of course she’s “all natural, no chemicals” she doesn’t understand basic science
---

First of all, Dental Nurse is a protected title, so I assume she completed the relevant qualifications and registered with the GDC.

Secondly - anybody with half a brain would reject that money, the bamheid would be tagging your charity in forevermore, making out you “work together” expecting you to back up her trolling. She’s an absolute tit show of an adult and getting that go fund me was the worse use of donations. A pigeon would have handled it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Had that money been a grant she would have been ineligible to receive it because of the lack of other directors. This shitshow is exactly the reason they have those sort of rules. She has royally fucked it up and no way out from this is good.

Reactions: 18
I’m suspicious about all ‘go fund me’ appeals now which is a shame as I’m sure there are some genuine ones in amongst the dross.

Reactions: 14
I’m suspicious about all ‘go fund me’ appeals now which is a shame as I’m sure there are some genuine ones in amongst the dross.
Same. I got stung on something similar-ish a couple of years ago and I now only give to registered charities, either via a standing order direct to the charity, a direct donation from my charity account, or to someone doing a sponsored event where the money goes directly to the charity concerned via an officially-sanctioned JustGiving page or similar.

Reactions: 11
That Spotted In Harlow group (the one run by Carly’s anonymous mates) is something else. There’s a post with a photo of some car at a petrol station in the area that they’re saying they’re reliably and unquestionably informed belongs to a known child rapist and he’s definitely on his way to rape children. Maybe he is but equally maybe it’s someone innocent or someone trying to get someone they don’t like in trouble. Total mob justice.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
View attachment 2873255

so, throwback to earlier this week. I did a bit of dot-connecting. Grey Squig runs the CIC that is the latest to bow out.
That was the charity that was on DIY SOS a few months ago.

They work their tits off to help those suffering from mental health issues.

Did the last lot of food bag recipients ever get them? She cancelled on them a few Fridays ago as she had a super important hospital appointment, but she never updated about the food bags.

• Heart
Grey squig is The Butterfly effect, a wellbeing project who were featured on DIY SOS Christmas big build in 2023. They have a small garden project and would probably have made great use of the money, genuinely helping mental health and isolation in Harlow for FREE so their refusal speaks volumes about Saint Carlz reputation and benevolence.

Reactions: 13

Could this be how you get councillors to do stuff rather than posting libellous statements on social media?
---
"Community champion", there'll be howls amongst the bread and seedling piles this morning

• Haha
  • Heart

Could this be how you get councillors to do stuff rather than posting libellous statements on social media?
---
"Community champion", there'll be howls amongst the bread and seedling piles this morning
Pre-application advice isn't free. Harlow will charge a minimum of £300. Good for him for refusing the salt money.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.